2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Best Vitz Mechanic in Rawalpindi / Islamabad

Who is the best person to have my Vitz (1.0) 2005 checked in Rwp/Isd. The ABS light is not going off. Engine knocking on certain rpm, mileage dropped and loss of power. When accelerating at first the car pick is fine, leaving other cars on traffic lights, but after that around 40-50 it feels as if the car is dragging something (becomes heavy) and engine knock is felt, once momentum takes over and higher rpm, the drive becomes smooth.

I am using

Liqui Molly 5W-30 engine oil.
    Original oil filter
    Original Air filter
    Original Drum brakes replaced with another pair of genuine pads but they squeal when slowing down for speed bumps etc.
    Replaced spark plugs with Toyota iridium about 6 months ago.

Never had exhaust system checked though. People suggest removing CAT converter but I am not convinced as it's just word of mouth but no information on how it affects the engine in long run.

Never had engine tuned up or ratios reset. Which I think is the case here but I am unable to find a qualified person in Rwp. My regular mechanic, though expert with automatic imported cars, still haven't been able to restore power and mileage. All he suggests is to change CVT fluid but I had it replaced about 40K km earlier.

Any my more suggestions ?

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Always Good To Shift To N If You Know Its Gonna Be A Bit Long Stay On Signal....It Will Disengage Any Stress Away From Tranny....!
    Thnx for da guidance means datz a gud thing to do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    Who is the best person to have my Vitz (1.0) 2005 checked in Rwp/Isd. The ABS light is not going off. Engine knocking on certain rpm, mileage dropped and loss of power. When accelerating at first the car pick is fine, leaving other cars on traffic lights, but after that around 40-50 it feels as if the car is dragging something (becomes heavy) and engine knock is felt, once momentum takes over and higher rpm, the drive becomes smooth.

I am using

Liqui Molly 5W-30 engine oil.
    Original oil filter
    Original Air filter
    Original Drum brakes replaced with another pair of genuine pads but they squeal when slowing down for speed bumps etc.
    Replaced spark plugs with Toyota iridium about 6 months ago.

Never had exhaust system checked though. People suggest removing CAT converter but I am not convinced as it's just word of mouth but no information on how it affects the engine in long run.

Never had engine tuned up or ratios reset. Which I think is the case here but I am unable to find a qualified person in Rwp. My regular mechanic, though expert with automatic imported cars, still haven't been able to restore power and mileage. All he suggests is to change CVT fluid but I had it replaced about 40K km earlier.

Any my more suggestions ?

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    Get it checked asap may be some thing isnt right. And you end up messed with severe damage both to the engine and trans.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take it to Toyota 3S for a quote.
    I always take my cars to Nazir Autos for any sort of work they require even if it is spark plug replacement, they're a bit pricey but work is of quality. Get the work done under 100% supervision though.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First put some high octane in your car, i.e. full tang main 500Rs ka high octane dalo. Knocking ghaib ho jayee gi.

My friend's vitz have the same issue and mechanic suggested that just start adding high octane and knocking is gone.

for CVT fluid you have to goto mechanic, i guess it costs around 3500 for genuine CVT fluid.

My mechanic told me if I had extra money then give him mutton karahi, but dont install iridium plugs. They will add zero performance gain to your vehicle. always stick with company stock plugs.

For Squal problem you have to 'face or phaze' your break plates. Squeel sound generally because of hard break pads or slipry break plates.

For mechanic, you can goto Ali, his shop is near 'Zia Balti & BBQ, Islamabad, Pakistan'. You can type that in google maps to get exact location.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sirdneo View Post
    First put some high octane in your car, i.e. full tang main 500Rs ka high octane dalo. Knocking ghaib ho jayee gi.

My friend's vitz have the same issue and mechanic suggested that just start adding high octane and knocking is gone.

for CVT fluid you have to goto mechanic, i guess it costs around 3500 for genuine CVT fluid.

My mechanic told me if I had extra money then give him mutton karahi, but dont install iridium plugs. They will add zero performance gain to your vehicle. always stick with company stock plugs.

For Squal problem you have to 'face or phaze' your break plates. Squeel sound generally because of hard break pads or slipry break plates.

For mechanic, you can goto Ali, his shop is near 'Zia Balti & BBQ, Islamabad, Pakistan'. You can type that in google maps to get exact location.
    Thanks for detailed reply. The brakes squeal problem is solved after cleaning and readjustment. I do mix High octane and it reduces the knocking. I'll change the CVT fluid in coming month as it has run for 40K. I am sure it will improve the performance.

For ABS problem. I need to find a good place and guy to read the OBD error codes and determine if the sensor or unit is busted. In the mean time I use feathering the paddle technique (The car isn't that powerful or heavy as not having ABS would be an issue though).

Currently installed plugs are in good condition.

All there is left to try is having the dholki checked. I am not in favor of removing the catalytic convertor from exhaust pipe though cleaning it may be an option. That is the only thing I haven't tried.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CAT Converter clean nhe hota, you have to replace it (not possible in pakistan) or just Remove it. But it should be your last option.

ABS is a critical feature specially in rain, in my personal experience car stops @ roughly half the distance in rainy/slippery roads and that can save lots of money and life. And now a days there is frequent rain in ISB and RWP.

Generally ABS system is quite simple, in vits it has four sensor for each tyre (Pakistani Civic main sirf 2 sensor hoty hy on front tyres ), one of them might b bad.

Generally mechanics first try to check wiring of abs sensor and try to clean them, if still check light appears then they go for scanner (usually cost 1500Rs) and then they have exact idea what to do. mechanics in G10 also have scanner tool i guess. or you can visit toyota service shop for scanner as well. Liken toyota sy repair nhe kerwana they charge too much and knows nothing about Cars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sirdneo View Post
    CAT Converter clean nhe hota, you have to replace it (not possible in pakistan) or just Remove it. But it should be your last option.

ABS is a critical feature specially in rain, in my personal experience car stops @ roughly half the distance in rainy/slippery roads and that can save lots of money and life. And now a days there is frequent rain in ISB and RWP.

Generally ABS system is quite simple, in vits it has four sensor for each tyre (Pakistani Civic main sirf 2 sensor hoty hy on front tyres ), one of them might b bad.

Generally mechanics first try to check wiring of abs sensor and try to clean them, if still check light appears then they go for scanner (usually cost 1500Rs) and then they have exact idea what to do. mechanics in G10 also have scanner tool i guess. or you can visit toyota service shop for scanner as well. Liken toyota sy repair nhe kerwana they charge too much and knows nothing about Cars
    Okay. I have moved ABS issue to my top priority tasks.

What are side effects of removing CAT converter?. My car is reaching 80K ODO.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    Thanks for detailed reply. The brakes squeal problem is solved after cleaning and readjustment. I do mix High octane and it reduces the knocking. I'll change the CVT fluid in coming month as it has run for 40K. I am sure it will improve the performance.

For ABS problem. I need to find a good place and guy to read the OBD error codes and determine if the sensor or unit is busted. In the mean time I use feathering the paddle technique (The car isn't that powerful or heavy as not having ABS would be an issue though).

Currently installed plugs are in good condition.

All there is left to try is having the dholki checked. I am not in favor of removing the catalytic convertor from exhaust pipe though cleaning it may be an option. That is the only thing I haven't tried.
    Cats conv can be cleaned easily here in pakistan. All other persons who recomend removal or change dont know about how to clean the cat efficiently or they dont had experienced it. Dont remove it. Now a days used salvaged cat is costing nearly 12-18 k. So why to waste your own precious cat. I will recomend you tje place where you can get your vehicle scaned for abs problem and cat inspection.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AlienX,

If you remove CAT , your car will throw extra emission in environment. So if you want to protect environment don't remove your CAT unless it is in very bad condition. As per my knowledge CAT can't be fixed, I have checked several youtube videos but all of them seems hit/trail methods and some methods damage the CAT in such a way that engine breathing problem is solved but CAT becomes useless. Generally desi utads here just destroys the CAT converter and tells you that there is no need of such thing and japaneese are stupid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've just visited Nazir Autos in G-8/1 for my Vitz 2007 reduced pick up problem. Sattar checked the ECU readings which showed some idle rpm issue. Cleaned the throttle body and MAP sensor which resolved the issue completely. Idling, engine sound and pick up are back to normal now. One important step was to disconnect and reconnect the battery terminal to reset the ECU.

By the way according to him the CAT converter can be cleaned and should not be removed or broken.

You can easily find their location on Google maps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Duplicate post. Removed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

0311 4451670

Ata ur Rehman

C/O Rehman Auto

Near Faizabad

Rawalpindi.

Ata is an ultimate person with professional and technical abilities.

Very caring and upright people.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List