2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suspension Noise

I got Vitz 2006, there is sort of squeaking sound coming from front suspension while crossing speed breakers and patches.

A week ago I got it full serviced with some oiling around its tire and suspension area; for a couple of days sound disappear completely but now again I'm hearing the same noise.

Please guide me what to do? Is there any part needs to be replaced? I read somewhere that it could be an issue with ball bearing. Is that so?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shockers problem or suspension if sound coming on bump free road i had similar prob.. dont repair shockers it would not save your money on long rrun

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaikhrulez View Post
    I got Vitz 2006, there is sort of squeaking sound coming from front suspension while crossing speed breakers and patches.

A week ago I got it full serviced with some oiling around its tire and suspension area; for a couple of days sound disappear completely but now again I'm hearing the same noise.

Please guide me what to do? Is there any part needs to be replaced? I read somewhere that it could be an issue with ball bearing. Is that so?
    Seems Shocks got dry.
    Park your car on the plain floor. Insert Key. Turn on the electrical circuit (by 1 key push or 2), but don’t start it.
    Now, move/turn your steering full at right and then left. Do it couple of times and observe if the noise still comes out.
    If yes, then the shocks are dry.
    Open the bonnet.
    You can see the Shock Mountings. If you can open the little rubber lid on them, then its ok. Otherwise drop around 10~20ml mobile oil on its top (in the shock mounting). The oil will slightly go inside the shocks and this noise will go miles away.

Another method is, visit mechanic and ask him to pull out its both shocks. Make them all wet with mobile oil and then fix again. The problem will be solved.
    But before your drive after re-fixing the shocks, plz have its alignment checked first.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Seems Shocks got dry.
    Park your car on the plain floor. Insert Key. Turn on the electrical circuit (by 1 key push or 2), but don’t start it.
    Now, move/turn your steering full at right and then left. Do it couple of times and observe if the noise still comes out.
    If yes, then the shocks are dry.
    Open the bonnet.
    You can see the Shock Mountings. If you can open the little rubber lid on them, then its ok. Otherwise drop around 10~20ml mobile oil on its top (in the shock mounting). The oil will slightly go inside the shocks and this noise will go miles away.

Another method is, visit mechanic and ask him to pull out its both shocks. Make them all wet with mobile oil and then fix again. The problem will be solved.
    But before your drive after re-fixing the shocks, plz have its alignment checked first.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I opted for 2nd method went to a reliable mechanic, He took a test drive analyse the condition and then applied some grease in shocks and did oiling around keenchi. The noise has completely gone now Alhamdulillah.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List