Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 110 of 110
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Blue Smoke/Engine Burning Oil Vitz 2010

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Blue Smoke/Engine Burning Oil Vitz 2010

    Salam: I owned Toyota Vitz 2010 in 2013 which was driven 23K according to ODO meter and now it is around 80K. Few days before I noticed during weekly checkup that car exhausts blue smoke when I raised its RPM to 35000, I also noticed that it reduce Engine Oil to 0.2 - 0.4 Liters during first 1000 KMs.

    I Checked it to Toyota Islamabad motors they said that Engine required overhauling and Piston rings needs to be changed.
    Same wording listens from other reliable mechanics.

    Both persons also suggest to replace engine.

    The current Engine is 1KR-FE 1.0L. The condition is very good. Good mileage, no vibration, no extra sound very smooth driving with or without A/C. I always use HI-Octane (never Mix with super). Use 20w-50 Zic Engine oil. Also check plugs they are also fine.

    Kindly suggest how can I save my existing Engine or what do you people think to overhauling it or replace with same one or 1.3L ?

  2. #101
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    That means ur engine was already weak and consuming oil. It shouldn't have consumed any oil if it was fit.
    Ya that's why we are discussing its solution

  3. #102
    PakWheeler Follow
    ark098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    What was final decision? Did you swap it with 1.0 or 1.3 or overhauled it and if done then how it is doing?

  4. #103
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Swap to 1.3, Now after 1 year passed. It is still works well. Oil condition is very good after the interval of 5K changed. Very Good pickup, Mileage and speed. No extra sound very very fuel economy. All pipes/hoses are original no joint in pipes. All original wiring. Even we weren't use any after market screw, pipe or wire.

  5. #104
    PakWheeler Follow
    syedalidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Lucky u man All the best

  6. #105
    PakWheeler Follow
    ark098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Congrats man!!! Hope it goes long way IN SHA ALLAH! So, I should also make a swap of 1.3? And What abt Total Cost?

  7. #106
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Around 80K

  8. #107
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ark098 View Post
    Congrats man!!! Hope it goes long way IN SHA ALLAH! So, I should also make a swap of 1.3? And What abt Total Cost?
    Yes you can, but the basic things are the condition of new engine, Mechanic and electrician.

  9. #108
    PakWheeler Follow
    ark098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Any issue of cc change on registration book and what about resale will it be affected? Thanks for the advice buddy. Now, I have to find a good and clean engine + wiring + Ecu. Any suggestion of mechanic and electrician (I live in Lahore).

  10. #109
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    Salam: I owned Toyota Vitz 2010 in 2013 which was driven 23K according to ODO meter and now it is around 80K. Few days before I noticed during weekly checkup that car exhausts blue smoke when I raised its RPM to 35000, I also noticed that it reduce Engine Oil to 0.2 - 0.4 Liters during first 1000 KMs.

    I Checked it to Toyota Islamabad motors they said that Engine required overhauling and Piston rings needs to be changed.
    Same wording listens from other reliable mechanics.

    Both persons also suggest to replace engine.

    The current Engine is 1KR-FE 1.0L. The condition is very good. Good mileage, no vibration, no extra sound very smooth driving with or without A/C. I always use HI-Octane (never Mix with super). Use 20w-50 Zic Engine oil. Also check plugs they are also fine.

    Kindly suggest how can I save my existing Engine or what do you people think to overhauling it or replace with same one or 1.3L ?
    Too early wear and tear @ 80,000 has happened because of improper viscosity of engine oil you were using. Vehicles manufactured at and after 2004 require max. viscosity of oil as 5W40. Any thing above this viscosity will not lubricate and protect the engine. The best viscosity range is 5w30 in winter and 10W30 in summer.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  11. #110
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ark098 View Post
    Any issue of cc change on registration book and what about resale will it be affected? Thanks for the advice buddy. Now, I have to find a good and clean engine + wiring + Ecu. Any suggestion of mechanic and electrician (I live in Lahore).
    Resale may be affected. I know good mechanic and electrician in Islamabad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •