Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Inspecting 1.3 L Engine for Vitz 2010

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Inspecting 1.3 L Engine for Vitz 2010

    Today I bought 1.3 engine including transmission, axle, all related sensors etc to inspect. My mechanic & electrician are now checking this machine as well as electric part. The purchase cost is 70K.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    Today I bought 1.3 engine including transmission, axle, all related sensors etc to inspect. My mechanic & electrician are now checking this machine as well as electric part. The purchase cost is 70K.
    Good thing what about old engine
    And transmission

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Good thing what about old engine
    And transmission
    Still in the Car, Actually my mechanic self import it from Japan tested it, and said it is Okay after testing. It is with its original exhaust & axles, we are waiting for weekend to swap.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    caprice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Do check gear box oil pump bearing. Actually i bought gear for my 1KR-FE. The engine from which the gearbox was opened was in pristine condition but its oil pump bearing was bad (whizzing sound after driving car for about 2 3 KM) and like after running for a day or two the gear refused to change ratios it would just stick to one ratio. Took the car back gearbox was found to be faulty. Got replaced by another kabli one and its working like a charm.

    Do open up the chamber of gearbox and check for dents. The chamber have some magnets and while transporting the chamber may have get some dents which would displace the magnets and might affect the transmission. My one had some dents so also got that replaced.

    Note: 1300cc (2SZ-FE) and 1000cc(1KR-FE) share same gearbox. Am currently using one opened from 2SZ-FE with 1KR-FE.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    caprice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    70K is the perfect price (Y) .

    One question like what will you do with registration. Change engine and displacement on documents? What about one time tax for cars under 1000cc.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    Still in the Car, Actually my mechanic self import it from Japan tested it, and said it is Okay after testing. It is with its original exhaust & axles, we are waiting for weekend to swap.
    Purchased from atta wali I think. What about old engine why did you you not go for rebuild job and take a risk of higher swap.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Purchased from atta wali I think. What about old engine why did you you not go for rebuild job and take a risk of higher swap.
    No direct from Japan, old engine is still with me, original parts of old engine are too expensive checked from Lahore, pindi markets.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caprice1 View Post
    Do check gear box oil pump bearing. Actually i bought gear for my 1KR-FE. The engine from which the gearbox was opened was in pristine condition but its oil pump bearing was bad (whizzing sound after driving car for about 2 3 KM) and like after running for a day or two the gear refused to change ratios it would just stick to one ratio. Took the car back gearbox was found to be faulty. Got replaced by another kabli one and its working like a charm.

    Do open up the chamber of gearbox and check for dents. The chamber have some magnets and while transporting the chamber may have get some dents which would displace the magnets and might affect the transmission. My one had some dents so also got that replaced.

    Note: 1300cc (2SZ-FE) and 1000cc(1KR-FE) share same gearbox. Am currently using one opened from 2SZ-FE with 1KR-FE.
    Yes you are right that's why I kept my old engine and transmission with me for the drive of 5K of new engine

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    Still in the Car, Actually my mechanic self import it from Japan tested it, and said it is Okay after testing. It is with its original exhaust & axles, we are waiting for weekend to swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    No direct from Japan, old engine is still with me, original parts of old engine are too expensive checked from Lahore, pindi markets.
    They are not that expensive but bro you are confused. Ok get it swapped but if some thing seems unusual contact me I will help you to resolve your parts and pricongs problem. Which engine you had purchased SZ or NZ series

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    They are not that expensive but bro you are confused. Ok get it swapped but if some thing seems unusual contact me I will help you to resolve your parts and pricongs problem. Which engine you had purchased SZ or NZ series
    That is 2sz fe, thanks for your help, PM me your number I will contact you in case of any issue

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    That is 2sz fe, thanks for your help, PM me your number I will contact you in case of any issue
    Ok but you need to figure out the CAt condition.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Ok but you need to figure out the CAt condition.
    Ya it is with original CAT, we completely examine it, it is clean and clear.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz83 View Post
    Still in the Car, Actually my mechanic self import it from Japan tested it, and said it is Okay after testing. It is with its original exhaust & axles, we are waiting for weekend to swap.
    Mind Sharing How He Able To Get It Imported From Japan And Cleared From Customs In 70k?

    I Guess There's No Proper Channel Allowing Importing Used Engines For Cars

    Proper Way Of Inspecting Engine Itself Is Compression Test
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Mind Sharing How He Able To Get It Imported From Japan And Cleared From Customs In 70k?

    I Guess There's No Proper Channel Allowing Importing Used Engines For Cars

    Proper Way Of Inspecting Engine Itself Is Compression Test
    Compression test is fine. Values will be shared soon.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    caprice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Mind Sharing How He Able To Get It Imported From Japan And Cleared From Customs In 70k?

    I Guess There's No Proper Channel Allowing Importing Used Engines For Cars

    Proper Way Of Inspecting Engine Itself Is Compression Test
    Engines can be purchased via auctions and then imported.

    I think he imported other engines too i.e a container so the duty on an engine was reduced. 70K is perfect. In Bilal Gunj the whole thing is available for like 70 to 78K. Can't figure out why 2SZ-FE engine and all is cheaper i.e 1KR-FE engine gearbox with all accessories price in Bilal Gunj is about a whopping 90k to 100k.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caprice1 View Post
    Engines can be purchased via auctions and then imported.

    I think he imported other engines too i.e a container so the duty on an engine was reduced. 70K is perfect. In Bilal Gunj the whole thing is available for like 70 to 78K. Can't figure out why 2SZ-FE engine and all is cheaper i.e 1KR-FE engine gearbox with all accessories price in Bilal Gunj is about a whopping 90k to 100k.
    Yes Jugaar Import Of Sealed Container Is Possible As There's No Proper Allowance Of Used Engines Import....

    Reason 2SZ Being Cheaper Is Because 1.0L Engines Are More In Demand Due To Major 1.0L Cars ...Assembly Change And You Are Good To Go..Thats Why It Sells Expensive....

    2SZ Is Cheaper Because Of Low Demand And If You Swap...You Need To Do Alot Of Work Than Just Changing Assembly Block Head!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Keep the good work going just workout the whole swap job on papers for better trouble shooting or you will end up on low milage and less economical vehicle.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    humayun.chughtai.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Any updates about the swap ???

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    alinawaz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Any updates about the swap ???
    Yes, inspecting done, swap done with original jack to jack fitting use original hose pipes with the help of wiring and other systems diagrams. Not use even a single local nut, bolt.
    Only wiring took 10 hrs, engine swap 3 days. Each and every sensor work properly. Driven 1500 Kms after swap on motorway and muree. Checked oil it is in its original colour no oil reductions noted.

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    humayun.chughtai.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    20
    Posts
    636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Good to know that you are satisfied

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •