Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: CVT Oil Recommendation

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    caprice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default CVT Oil Recommendation

    AoA Guys! I recently replaced gear box of my vitz (KSP-90). Due to shortage of Toyota CVT oil in Lahore (its available on some markets with a whopping price of 6.5K) i poured Kixx CVT for time pass.

    Since there is no time frame for prices to settle down and also Kixx quality is capricious, I am importing the oil from KSA. In KSA there are two oil available for Toyota CVT. One is OEM Toyota CVT oil which we get here with a price tag 120 SAR (Rs 3100 approx) and Castrol Transmax CVT (27 SAR per Litre). The total cost is like 108 SAR for Castrol and 120 SAR for Toyota for 4Litres. I am confused which one to choose. Toyota one is little expensive but its mileage is around 30 to 35K KM where as on Castrol its 50K KM (written on the backside). My heart is going with Castrol as it comes in 1 Litre packing so you can buy more then 4 Litre which is not the case in Toyota CVT.

    So what do you suggest? (I will completely drain the existing oil and refilling requires approx 5 to 5.5 Litre of oil as stated in Repair Manual)


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,366
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    kixx isnt a bad make or oil for your information
    the fact that its relatively new and not that reknowned actually makes a better chance of it being genuine

    i think you are being over cautious because you smoked the previous gear
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    aniazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I second hash. Kixx has good oils. I use kixx semi synthetic for my ksp 130 engine and am satisfied with the performance. If u want to change your oil then I'll suggest toyota cvt. I recently got my cars gear oil changed and one can of Toyota cvt was enough after flushing out the previous one completely.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Thinking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,300
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i think you can get kixx or zic fully synthetic cvt oil. it would cost around 3K. should work fine since last i checked they complied to toyota standards anyway.

    there is also toyota cvt shortage in isb/pindi .

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    shabbir.53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    63
    Posts
    685
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Is the CVT oil not available with Toyota 3S dealerships ??

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    caprice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Its available but prices are 7.5K(3S prices are even more than market price) for 4L tin. And i need 5 to 5.5l so 2 x 4L tin are required.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can anyone describe the correct procedure of Changing Transmission Oil of Vitz 2009 1.0L CVT. I have noted few points from other transmission oil change PW threads but didn't find correct procedure of changing CVT Oil. Below are point mentioned. I hope it will help other members. If any of these points are incorrect please let me know so i will correct it accordingly.

    1- CVT Oil Part No.: 08886-02105 (4L Sliver Tin Box)

    2- CVT Oil drain temperature is 36 C to 46 C

    3- Whenever Replace Transmission oil clean/replace oil filter too if required

    4- CVT Oil Filler Port Bolt that marked as TC

    5- Oil Capacity: 6.30 ltrs (This is capacity i have read in manual. Some ppl. reported transmission Oil drain/refill around 3.5 - 4 ltrs)

    6- CVT Oil press calibration (This can check pressure for CVT fluid. I don't know is it required to do after every Transmission Oil change)

    Note: Use this information at your own risk because i have read this information on forums instead of manual. So Authenticity of information can not be guaranteed.

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,829
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Can anyone describe the correct procedure of Changing Transmission Oil of Vitz 2009 1.0L CVT. I have noted few points from other transmission oil change PW threads but didn't find correct procedure of changing CVT Oil. Below are point mentioned. I hope it will help other members. If any of these points are incorrect please let me know so i will correct it accordingly.

    1- CVT Oil Part No.: 08886-02105 (4L Sliver Tin Box)

    2- CVT Oil drain temperature is 36 C to 46 C

    3- Whenever Replace Transmission oil clean/replace oil filter too if required

    4- CVT Oil Filler Port Bolt that marked as TC

    5- Oil Capacity: 6.30 ltrs (This is capacity i have read in manual. Some ppl. reported transmission Oil drain/refill around 3.5 - 4 ltrs)

    6- CVT Oil press calibration (This can check pressure for CVT fluid. I don't know is it required to do after every Transmission Oil change)

    Note: Use this information at your own risk because i have read this information on forums instead of manual. So Authenticity of information can not be guaranteed.

    - RKBladeX
    Your VITZ is 1.0L (means engine is 1KR-FE) and I have slight doubt about its capacity to take 6.3L transmission oil. Plz double check from manual.

    As you mention to clean/replace the transmission oil filter too. And this can only possible when you open its whole chamber.
    A bolt will drain the oil well. But if you open the chamber, then you can find its filter too which just need to be washed well (probably with petrol or D40) and fix again.
    But if you open the chamber, then closely look the condition of chamber gasket. If its in good shape, then fix it back nicely. And if its weak, then better replace it or apply good quality silicon to seal the chamber.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Attaching Snapshot of Manual for reference.

    CVT Oil Recommendation -1703934

    - RKBladeX

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Your VITZ is 1.0L (means engine is 1KR-FE) and I have slight doubt about its capacity to take 6.3L transmission oil. Plz double check from manual.

    As you mention to clean/replace the transmission oil filter too. And this can only possible when you open its whole chamber.
    A bolt will drain the oil well. But if you open the chamber, then you can find its filter too which just need to be washed well (probably with petrol or D40) and fix again.
    But if you open the chamber, then closely look the condition of chamber gasket. If its in good shape, then fix it back nicely. And if its weak, then better replace it or apply good quality silicon to seal the chamber.
    Can you specify the bolt which drain the transmission oil?

    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,829
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Can you specify the bolt which drain the transmission oil?

    - RKBladeX
    its located in gear oil chamber.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    faizanali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    782
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    Attaching Snapshot of Manual for reference.

    CVT Oil Recommendation -1703934

    - RKBladeX
    Can you send me vitz complete manual at Helioscorp@gmail.com


    Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    m_umairr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I poured Kixx CVT oil just before Eid, and i am happy with it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    rkbladex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faizanali View Post
    Can you send me vitz complete manual at Helioscorp@gmail.com


    Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app
    I don't have a complete manual of Vitz 1KR-FE engine. But i do have link which provide service data when doing periodic maintenance that i already share with you.

    http://toyota-club.net/files/techdata/ttx/vitz_90.pdf


    - RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    mee.neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Change with only oil written in Vitz Owners Manual it would probably be Toyota ATF IV type. Any other will damage the transmission. And also quantified amount, as over filling can also cause damage. Needs an expert mechanic not a first timer.

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    mee.neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    I say don't change transmission oil ever. It is good for lifetime of any car. But if you do check owners manual for specific oil as any other oil will damage transmission. Toyota ATF is Rs 1000 per litre and it takes 3-3.5 litre of oil if completely removed from vitz. Let me tell you this ... complete removal is not easy. Only expert mechanic can do it.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mee.neo View Post
    I say don't change transmission oil ever. .
    All fossel fuels has a lifespan and SHOULD be changed during the lifespan of any car.

    Suggesting this to forum members is crazy to say the least

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    All fossel fuels has a lifespan and SHOULD be changed during the lifespan of any car.

    Suggesting this to forum members is crazy to say the least
    No man. We do Importttt the oili for our automoboles frommm maaaarrrrsssss. You dribe your car on dead dina sours ****.. . I will not change it because I am a martian.........

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    spiderman-17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    No man. We do Importttt the oili for our automoboles frommm maaaarrrrsssss. You dribe your car on dead dina sours ****.. . I will not change it because I am a martian.........
    Hehe... Good one

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •