Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone with experience using KIXX CVTF ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone with experience using KIXX CVTF ?

I recently changed CVT fluid of my Vitz 2005 (80K odo). Last time at 40K ODO I replaced the fluid with Toyota. But this time I replaced it with KIXX CVTF.

Overall the drive is smooth with good power. But occasional heavy vibrations while shifting to R or stopping at D. I have this car for last 2.5 years and these vibrations were never there.

I heard you need to recalibrate the engine after CVT fluid change. Mechanic also cleaned throttle body at the same time. Which I personally think is the root of problem as I never had it cleaned before.

But if someone had experience with Kixx CVTF. I can rule that out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    I recently changed CVT fluid of my Vitz 2005 (80K odo). Last time at 40K ODO I replaced the fluid with Toyota. But this time I replaced it with KIXX CVTF.

Overall the drive is smooth with good power. But occasional heavy vibrations while shifting to R or stopping at D. I have this car for last 2.5 years and these vibrations were never there.

I heard you need to recalibrate the engine after CVT fluid change. Mechanic also cleaned throttle body at the same time. Which I personally think is the root of problem as I never had it cleaned before.

Kixx is much more better than toyota cvt tc fluid and can handle more heat cycles than toyota cvt tc. The vibrations are different matter may be you are facing low oil pressure in transmission due to debris entering the valve body assy of transmission get the fluid pressure checked and cvt oil pressure calibration done if problem is still there go for the overhaul of valve body assy. And your transmission will be back to its full potential.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Kixx is much more better than toyota cvt tc fluid and can handle more heat cycles than toyota cvt tc. The vibrations are different matter may be you are facing low oil pressure in transmission due to debris entering the valve body assy of transmission get the fluid pressure checked and cvt oil pressure calibration done if problem is still there go for the overhaul of valve body assy. And your transmission will be back to its full potential.
    Don't you own a workshop at faizabad?

What do you mean by overhaul of valve body assy. And how pressure is checked for both engine and cvt fluids ?

BTW vibration is occasional and mostly happen at idling. But sometimes everything is fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nothing to be worried about cvt oil change,it is all due cleaning of throttle body , that what happened to my vitz ,2 months before ,you just need to readjusted your rpm, via ECU , checking ,setting device ,which called some thing like EBD

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Proof of this?

How did Toyota do it at 40K and how did you do it now? i.e. the process. Also, what was the reason for changing to Kixx? Can you also please point out whether only the throttle body was cleaned or whole intake manifold?

I found that cleaning throttle body has no use because it is just a flap that has very little effect on idle. It can be cleaned without unscrewing the whole throttle body. Throttle body service results in increased RPM at idle for a day or two after which the ECU adjusts itself. I don't think increased RPM should cause vibrations.

Quote Originally Posted by feeziali View Post
    nothing to be worried about cvt oil change,it is all due cleaning of throttle body , that what happened to my vitz ,2 months before ,you just need to readjusted your rpm, via ECU , checking ,setting device ,which called some thing like EBD
    There is no way of adjusting RPMs via ECU. ECU controls it automatically and one cannot simply re-calibrate it. The most you could do is reset the ECU.

Don't you own a workshop at faizabad?

What do you mean by overhaul of valve body assy. And how pressure is checked for both engine and cvt fluids ?

BTW vibration is occasional and mostly happen at idling. But sometimes everything is fine.
    Note the RPM during idle when the vibration happens. Pressure for CVT fluid can be checked using Toyota Techstream software (requires a special cable).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think u should reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery terminals for some time.

vibrations should not be related to CVTF.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    i think u should reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery terminals for some time.

vibrations should not be related to CVTF.
    I would not recommend that. After ECU is reset, there are certain calibrations that need to be made using Techstream software. In particular, the CVT Oil pressure calibration.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mashriqain View Post
    I would not recommend that. After ECU is reset, there are certain calibrations that need to be made using Techstream software. In particular, the CVT Oil pressure calibration.
    Yeah i had to get it done as well. however an ecu reset anyway takes a day or two to recalibrate all the settings and usually car feel is improved after the reset.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Proof of this?

How did Toyota do it at 40K and how did you do it now? i.e. the process. Also, what was the reason for changing to Kixx? Can you also please point out whether only the throttle body was cleaned or whole intake manifold?

I found that cleaning throttle body has no use because it is just a flap that has very little effect on idle. It can be cleaned without unscrewing the whole throttle body. Throttle body service results in increased RPM at idle for a day or two after which the ECU adjusts itself. I don't think increased RPM should cause vibrations.

There is no way of adjusting RPMs via ECU. ECU controls it automatically and one cannot simply re-calibrate it. The most you could do is reset the ECU.

Note the RPM during idle when the vibration happens. Pressure for CVT fluid can be checked using Toyota Techstream software (requires a special cable).
    What kind of proof needed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What kind of proof needed.
    You said, "Kixx is much more better than toyota cvt tc fluid and can handle more heat cycles than toyota cvt tc."

I'd like to see the documents/tests on which you are claiming this please. Do you have anything that provides evidence that Kixx can handle more heat cycles than Toyota CVTF TC?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You said, "Kixx is much more better than toyota cvt tc fluid and can handle more heat cycles than toyota cvt tc."

I'd like to see the documents/tests on which you are claiming this please. Do you have anything that provides evidence that Kixx can handle more heat cycles than Toyota CVTF TC?
    yes i do had document's and tests results carried on 5 different toyota equipped CVTs like k310 cvt, k41a , k41b, k410 CVT transmissions. with the heat ranges going upto 120C due to faulty Valve Body assy. which were later Fixed with Valve body Servicing (Overhaul) and fixed the overheating and many other problem's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes i do had document's and tests results carried on 5 different toyota equipped CVTs like k310 cvt, k41a , k41b, k410 CVT transmissions. with the heat ranges going upto 120C due to faulty Valve Body assy. which were later Fixed with Valve body Servicing (Overhaul) and fixed the overheating and many other problem's.
    So it was due to faulty valve assembly then or you blame it on Toyota CVTF? and please do share those results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So it was due to faulty valve assembly then or you blame it on Toyota CVTF? and please do share those results.
    I am not blaming the CVTF . Its our pathetic driving styles which leads to overheating of CVTF resulting in discoloring and burning which ends up in low oil pressure which leads to dead / dying CVT transmission.. kixx cvtf I had tested it personally and it does take so much stress than toyota cvtf and does not discolour after 10- 15 heat cycles and is stress free as compared to toyota. I had personally discontinue the TIN Toyota CVTF after this problem which i had rectified in more than 60 vehicle's....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way did you sort out your AXIO Catalytic converter problem.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way did you sort out your AXIO Catalytic converter problem.?
    Took it to Toyota. They said all normal. Not facing any issues since.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not blaming the CVTF . Its our pathetic driving styles which leads to overheating of CVTF resulting in discoloring and burning which ends up in low oil pressure which leads to dead / dying CVT transmission.. kixx cvtf I had tested it personally and it does take so much stress than toyota cvtf and does not discolour after 10- 15 heat cycles and is stress free as compared to toyota. I had personally discontinue the TIN Toyota CVTF after this problem which i had rectified in more than 60 vehicle's....
    When you say heat cycle, you mean overheated? Would the ECU not prevent overheat and throw up error code if something was off?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.S. Toyota CVTF TC is apparently packed by EXXON MOBIL. A CVTF they have on their website had better specs, by a lot, than Kixx. I would only agree to accepting Kixx as better if I see lab test/spec comparison... Digging up specs of Toyota TIN pack.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When you say heat cycle, you mean overheated? Would the ECU not prevent overheat and throw up error code if something was off?
    no it dont throw any dtc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.S. Toyota CVTF TC is apparently packed by EXXON MOBIL. A CVTF they have on their website had better specs, by a lot, than Kixx. I would only agree to accepting Kixx as better if I see lab test/spec comparison... Digging up specs of Toyota TIN pack.
    yes toyota is better but only if you get genuine one not the Lahore Badami Bagh packed tin pack . Trust spoiled..... due to fake tins locally packed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mashriqain @rajaatta @feeziali

Yesterday I warmed up the car in the morning but after few minutes engine turned off when in D or R. So I did an ECU reset and everything was OK after that I went to have battery checked and turned out the output was just 7-8 volts instead of +-12V. Putting extra stress on generator while in idle. These cars need very few CCA so weak battery can indeed start a car.

So I swapped it with a new one (Hankook). So far car works much better but still ECU is in learning mode so I can't say if vibrations are gone or not. Though with new battery car idle is much better and vibrations are fewer.

I have decided to give another good mechanic a chance as my regular mechanic gives tasks to shagird now a days and disappears for car deals. He also failed to correct a bad ABS sensor too.

About Throttle body cleaning, yes they took out the whole thing. whether they cleaned it properly or not, I am not sure.

Part of my problem is I am becoming a boring person. Previously I blasted music all the time so I may have never actually listened to my car. Just now a days I discovered a squeak from rear left spring or ball joint which may have been there all the time . But that's a non issue for now, may be greasing.

PS: I noticed if you wait a little on self (about 3 seconds) and start the car after red temperature turns off, the engines works better for that session. But if you go all the way in one go, engine behaves differently. No idea why this happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List