Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone with experience using KIXX CVTF ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Anyone with experience using KIXX CVTF ?

I recently changed CVT fluid of my Vitz 2005 (80K odo). Last time at 40K ODO I replaced the fluid with Toyota. But this time I replaced it with KIXX CVTF.

Overall the drive is smooth with good power. But occasional heavy vibrations while shifting to R or stopping at D. I have this car for last 2.5 years and these vibrations were never there.

I heard you need to recalibrate the engine after CVT fluid change. Mechanic also cleaned throttle body at the same time. Which I personally think is the root of problem as I never had it cleaned before.

But if someone had experience with Kixx CVTF. I can rule that out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rajaata a little bit off topic but related to kixx i have a toyota grande cvti at first oil change i opted fir kixx 5w40 result was good average was satisfactory on next oil change after 5000kms i saw the manual it said 5w30 is reccomended. So i went for 5w30 kixx average has dropped also engine isnt as smooth as it was what would u reccomend also what should be the drain interval.
    Secondly regarding cvti shop wala said i should change it at 10000kms then after every 40000 kms coz toyota reccomend it . Is he right ?

Sent from my HTC_E9pw using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzadmansoor View Post
    @rajaata a little bit off topic but related to kixx i have a toyota grande cvti at first oil change i opted fir kixx 5w40 result was good average was satisfactory on next oil change after 5000kms i saw the manual it said 5w30 is reccomended. So i went for 5w30 kixx average has dropped also engine isnt as smooth as it was what would u reccomend also what should be the drain interval.
    Secondly regarding cvti shop wala said i should change it at 10000kms then after every 40000 kms coz toyota reccomend it . Is he right ?

Sent from my HTC_E9pw using Tapatalk
    No problem if off topics are for good knowledge they are always welcome. Coming back to your problem. Plz use the fully synthetic engine oil in your 2zr engine. And the ideal viscosity for this engine is 5W-40 for all seasons. Donot use the low visc 5W-30 it is good for winter seasons but for summer it create disasters. Plz do find liqui moly 5w-40 symth oil along with it a bottle of ceratec will help your engine to ensure the wear reduction. The drain interval for the liqui moly fully syenthitic is 20000kms along with filter change every after 8000kms. Any synth oil should be used till 10000kms max if it is syenthtic because lot of companies are selling fake products ny the label of syenthetic so avoid experimenting on your new vehicle. The cvtf in your altis grandee will be changed at 30000kms and just drain and refill it with new oil you can use kixx fully Syenthetic cvtf fluid and keep the drain interval upto 30000kms and your transmission will stay healthy donot drain it on 10000kms as the new vehiclea cvt transmission receives a special kind of additive in the cvtf fluid to avoid the extra shear and wear and performs smoothly so avoid it. For any more aasistance you can always contact on my cell no in working hours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    You are absolutely right but here in pakistan I am analyzing hundred of vehicles every month with cvts most of them are toyota's color doesnt matter but the thing matter's most is the atf temperature which right now in this cold season gets upto 100 c with normal driving conditions which is abnormal and if the same vehicle is driven harshly all time wot driving condition then the atf temp shoots upto 110 + and transmission starts to make ugly sounds as the torque conv is worn out and then jumps in the drag. Shift points are normal but during coasting one diagnoser can easily feel the braking effect which increases by the time and get worse if the urgent service measures are not taken. The problem is not solved even after fresh oil replacement even dont work and in few hundred miles the oil starts to loose its strength by continuous overheating and eventually transmission become a piece of scrap. Was working on a k410 from vitz 2012 last night the vehicle was driven only 50k and the last cvtf tc replacement was carried out 10k ago but upon diagnostics and test drive the temps stands on 90 + all the time and trans make whistling noises the at pil pressure was also low and it also starts severe braking in coasting shifting was fine. So opened the oil pan and foumded lot of deposits on pan magnets and the oil was also gone in 10k mileage interval so decided to servi e the valve body and change the cvtf tc and afyer the service the temps are in normal range at oil pressure is back to its normal range and shifting and coastings are all normal now the vehicle accelerates smmothly with lighter acceleration.
    CVTs will overheat their oil badly - I have seen it spike to 140C in a maxima 3.5 under full power - the torque converter clutch is unlocked in full power state and it literally churns the living daylights out of it.

the material you saw in the pan is not a good sign - and the bad news is that the torque converter clutch is not serviceable at all, and forget about rebuilding it in Pakistan - no-one has the tooling to overhaul torque converters.

The variator assembly is also a stupid point in the CVTs their holding pressures can reach upto 1000 psi easily and the friction of the shuttling also wears it down.

The other stupid part is that there is no way to add an air/oil cooler to the toyota CVT unless you want to make some custom adapters and rework the oil lines.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    CVTs will overheat their oil badly - I have seen it spike to 140C in a maxima 3.5 under full power - the torque converter clutch is unlocked in full power state and it literally churns the living daylights out of it.

the material you saw in the pan is not a good sign - and the bad news is that the torque converter clutch is not serviceable at all, and forget about rebuilding it in Pakistan - no-one has the tooling to overhaul torque converters.

The variator assembly is also a stupid point in the CVTs their holding pressures can reach upto 1000 psi easily and the friction of the shuttling also wears it down.

The other stupid part is that there is no way to add an air/oil cooler to the toyota CVT unless you want to make some custom adapters and rework the oil lines.
    Yes you are right but in these little k410s and 310s. Cvts we can prevent it getting more damaged if we diagnose it early. Most cases which I haD solved are from fresh jdm imports those b u l l shits are already been smashed with the wall driven like it was in use of donkey's. So had serviced their trans valve bodies to prevent the damage from increasing and smoothing the drive of vehicle. The damage which is already done can not be reverted but we can prevent them. Thats my experience working on these s h I t jdms which peaople buy thinking that its bran new. Most abused vehicles trans are mostly vitz 1.0,1.3 cvts and from axio, premio, and fielder cvts. I will post the pics later with improvements and servicing details will syart a new thread. Plz feed us with your valuable comments there and help our learning phases. Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rajaatta @Xulfiqar
    The Catalytic Convertor chamber in front of the engine is empty on my car.

1: Will having it installed back in car make it quite instead of sounding like a diesel jeep ?
    2: How much will it have an affect on power?
    3: Will it affect fuel consumption?

I did a short survey but mechanic told me I have to buy exhaust pipe with convertor, may be 6-8K price. But I am not sure myself if I am buying a clean one instead of clogged.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    @rajaatta @Xulfiqar
    The Catalytic Convertor chamber in front of the engine is empty on my car.

1: Will having it installed back in car make it quite instead of sounding like a diesel jeep ?
    2: How much will it have an affect on power?
    3: Will it affect fuel consumption?

I did a short survey but mechanic told me I have to buy exhaust pipe with convertor, may be 6-8K price. But I am not sure myself if I am buying a clean one instead of clogged.
    You should install it back asap because all of the exaust pipe after cat is empty and no supperessor is installed so cat is working in 3 ways. 1 it provides cleaner emmision gases. 2. Supperesing the sound. 3 provide enough back pressure for the engine to idle properly. Other wise vibrations will jump in. The price of cat is a bit high these days if you find ot in 6-7 k then go for it no problem if it is clogged. I am providing the Catalytic regeneration services with warranty upto 60000kms. If it get clogged in 60k I will again regenerate it free of any cost. Get it back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are right but in these little k410s and 310s. Cvts we can prevent it getting more damaged if we diagnose it early. Most cases which I haD solved are from fresh jdm imports those b u l l shits are already been smashed with the wall driven like it was in use of donkey's. So had serviced their trans valve bodies to prevent the damage from increasing and smoothing the drive of vehicle. The damage which is already done can not be reverted but we can prevent them. Thats my experience working on these s h I t jdms which peaople buy thinking that its bran new. Most abused vehicles trans are mostly vitz 1.0,1.3 cvts and from axio, premio, and fielder cvts. I will post the pics later with improvements and servicing details will syart a new thread. Plz feed us with your valuable comments there and help our learning phases. Thank you
    good thing you are cleaning out the valve bodies, it can elongate the transmissions life quite a lot as you are flushing out the junk that accumulates in a new transmission.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should install it back asap because all of the exaust pipe after cat is empty and no supperessor is installed so cat is working in 3 ways. 1 it provides cleaner emmision gases. 2. Supperesing the sound. 3 provide enough back pressure for the engine to idle properly. Other wise vibrations will jump in. The price of cat is a bit high these days if you find ot in 6-7 k then go for it no problem if it is clogged. I am providing the Catalytic regeneration services with warranty upto 60000kms. If it get clogged in 60k I will again regenerate it free of any cost. Get it back.
    Do you change the CVT strainer? The one that is visible when CVT pan is removed?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mashriqain View Post
    Do you change the CVT strainer? The one that is visible when CVT pan is removed?
    Replacement is usually not available as brand new. So we service it with special fluids which completely wash up the residue left on filter cloth and get ready for next 50k km's. Dont try to service it with Kerosine oil or Petrol. As

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Replacement is usually not available as brand new. So we service it with special fluids which completely wash up the residue left on filter cloth and get ready for next 50k km's. Dont try to service it with Kerosine oil or Petrol. As
    What is recommended liquid for cleaning the said filter and the valve body it self?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is recommended liquid for cleaning the said filter and the valve body it self?
    The cleaning of filter depends upon by inspecting the residues quantity. Donot attempt to clean and install it with any fluid or it will compromise the CVTF fluid. Valve body is a difficult part mostly peaople broke the gen kit when disassembling it from the transmission so its not a DIY project or you will end up in complete transmission failure different kind of cleaners are used according to the residue formation. For initial cleaning, for base cleaning, for valves cleaning, then assembly cleaning and final touch to remove any kind of particles and then assembly oil and after it the assembly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The cleaning of filter depends upon by inspecting the residues quantity. Donot attempt to clean and install it with any fluid or it will compromise the CVTF fluid. Valve body is a difficult part mostly peaople broke the gen kit when disassembling it from the transmission so its not a DIY project or you will end up in complete transmission failure different kind of cleaners are used according to the residue formation. For initial cleaning, for base cleaning, for valves cleaning, then assembly cleaning and final touch to remove any kind of particles and then assembly oil and after it the assembly.
    Do you use Torque Wrench? What torque should be used in pound foot for the CVT oil pan? and the valve body?According to Axio Japanese manual, it is less than equivalent of 10 lb. ft. !

Can you atleast tell me what liquid to use for cleaning of the CVT pan?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you use Torque Wrench? What torque should be used in pound foot for the CVT oil pan? and the valve body?According to Axio Japanese manual, it is less than equivalent of 10 lb. ft. !

Can you atleast tell me what liquid to use for cleaning of the CVT pan?
    What do you want to prove ?
    We are talking here about sophisticated repairs not a back yard junk diy project.
    I tight up the valve bodies by my nature gifted fingerzzzzzz... not by any kind of wrench... and what is torqueeeeee rencheeeee is it from marzzzzzzzzz.

Grow up and ask some sensible questions. Thanks if you understand.

Btw about cvt pan cleaning use normal kerosine oil along with some thinner stufff as you will not find alchohol around you. If you want to ask and get brief detail visit me some time and get your answers in detail after.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What do you want to prove ?
    We are talking here about sophisticated repairs not a back yard junk diy project.
    I tight up the valve bodies by my nature gifted fingerzzzzzz... not by any kind of wrench... and what is torqueeeeee rencheeeee is it from marzzzzzzzzz.

Grow up and ask some sensible questions. Thanks if you understand.

Btw about cvt pan cleaning use normal kerosine oil along with some thinner stufff as you will not find alchohol around you. If you want to ask and get brief detail visit me some time and get your answers in detail after.
    The reason I mentioned the torque part is because while studying the repair manual, I found that the CVT oil pan bolts need to be tightened at 7.8 N ? m {80 kgf ? cm} which is very less and surprised me. In fact the torque mentioned for the drain plug is far more at 40 N.m. Unfortunately, I don't have magic fingers and I like to do some stuff on car myself and want to not over tighten or leave nuts under tighten thus the reason for torque rencheeee from marzzzz . heh

Response appreciated and do PM me your location, shall visit you sometime.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reason I mentioned the torque part is because while studying the repair manual, I found that the CVT oil pan bolts need to be tightened at 7.8 N ? m {80 kgf ? cm} which is very less and surprised me. In fact the torque mentioned for the drain plug is far more at 40 N.m. Unfortunately, I don't have magic fingers and I like to do some stuff on car myself and want to not over tighten or leave nuts under tighten thus the reason for torque rencheeee from marzzzz . heh

Response appreciated and do PM me your location, shall visit you sometime.
    Simple hint about the tightening of the pan bolts keep them tightening until you feel its not going more on. Donot tight it more if the bolt is stopped.
    Slowly tight up all of the pan bolts equally then finally a re check on all of them.
    Remember one thing because its winter the bolts can be over tie ten easily and broke off. So be care full.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List