Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sohelahmed
  • 2 Post By doc.tarzan
  • 1 Post By devils_smile
  • 2 Post By FaatehRehman

Thread: is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    sohelahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent

    even if you hvae everything perfect, there is still a bit of engine and outside noise, is there some technology to reduce noise in cabin to max extent....

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sohelahmed View Post
    even if you hvae everything perfect, there is still a bit of engine and outside noise, is there some technology to reduce noise in cabin to max extent....
    Yes There is a technology called AKA ( Sell Your Vehicle and Buy A NEW ONE). What kind of noises you want to eliminate in it if its already in perfect shape. there is no sound jumps in the cabin if the every thing is working perfect. Vitz is a very smooth vehicle in terms of noise on long and semi long routes. no Noise came inside the cabin at all.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    sohelahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i know, but road noise, engine rpm noise is still there inside, i have checked many vitz, its not even 90% noise free i believe...

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    May be you had driven the unfit vehicles. Tyres and incorrect oil viscosity end up in louder noises by these kr series engines

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MADDYBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    he is right vitz has noise in the cabin
    -

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali15144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    There is already a topic present where a guy makes his vitz sound free by using sound deadning sheets.... Search for it

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    doc.tarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mardan
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,550
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    vitz is noisy as hell and i hate the engine noise of vitz. it sounds as if you are perpetually going uphill and the car is struggling

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    sohelahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    can you share the link please, i have searched there lots of threads, but on different issues with car like cat removal noise, kar kar noise ...in my case i am talking about a normal cabin noise which is quite a bit...

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devils_smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonn
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,584
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sohelahmed View Post
    can you share the link please, i have searched there lots of threads, but on different issues with car like cat removal noise, kar kar noise ...in my case i am talking about a normal cabin noise which is quite a bit...
    There is no doubt that there is minimal insulation in the xp90. Its so bad, I though I was driving a scooter the day I bought the car. If you really want to eliminate foreign noises inside the cabin, you will have to spend at least 50k. To make the cabin as quite as possible, you need to do three layers of sound insulation/deadening.

    1) Sound Deadening Sheets to reduce rattles and body flexing. This prevents any squeaks and metal resonance. This is a link to my vitz where I did all the doors, trunk, a,b,c pillars and front firewall. I also did parts of the floor.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...-3#post4855279

    2) Mass Loaded Vinyl. This is sound barrier. It prevents sound entering the cabin. Use these on the floor, trunk, firewall and wheel arches. You can use them on the inner sheet of the doors too. Here is picture of a mlv applied to a G-class wagon. I've bought the sheets for my vitz but havn't yet got the time to put them on.

    is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent -1649233

    3) Closed Cell Foam. These act as sound absorbers by muffling the sound. Most people in pakistan use Jumbolon since CCF is kinda hard to find here. Jumbolon works great aswell. It may not be a CCF to be exact but it works in a similar fashion.

    The three of these combined will do wonders to the cabin noise levels.
    My 1985 Mercedes Benz W201 190D (DIY's, Detailing and Photo-shoots)
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/207432-my-mercedes-c-class-w201

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    sohelahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    thank you, i am afriad, i can not do it my self, neither find any person who is reliable. can you recommend a person who can do all this procedure. thanks,

    Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    There is no doubt that there is minimal insulation in the xp90. Its so bad, I though I was driving a scooter the day I bought the car. If you really want to eliminate foreign noises inside the cabin, you will have to spend at least 50k. To make the cabin as quite as possible, you need to do three layers of sound insulation/deadening.

    1) Sound Deadening Sheets to reduce rattles and body flexing. This prevents any squeaks and metal resonance. This is a link to my vitz where I did all the doors, trunk, a,b,c pillars and front firewall. I also did parts of the floor.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...-3#post4855279

    2) Mass Loaded Vinyl. This is sound barrier. It prevents sound entering the cabin. Use these on the floor, trunk, firewall and wheel arches. You can use them on the inner sheet of the doors too. Here is picture of a mlv applied to a G-class wagon. I've bought the sheets for my vitz but havn't yet got the time to put them on.

    is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent -1649233

    3) Closed Cell Foam. These act as sound absorbers by muffling the sound. Most people in pakistan use Jumbolon since CCF is kinda hard to find here. Jumbolon works great aswell. It may not be a CCF to be exact but it works in a similar fashion.

    The three of these combined will do wonders to the cabin noise levels.

  11. #11
    anc
    anc is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    anc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    There is no doubt that there is minimal insulation in the xp90. Its so bad, I though I was driving a scooter the day I bought the car. If you really want to eliminate foreign noises inside the cabin, you will have to spend at least 50k. To make the cabin as quite as possible, you need to do three layers of sound insulation/deadening.

    1) Sound Deadening Sheets to reduce rattles and body flexing. This prevents any squeaks and metal resonance. This is a link to my vitz where I did all the doors, trunk, a,b,c pillars and front firewall. I also did parts of the floor.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...-3#post4855279

    2) Mass Loaded Vinyl. This is sound barrier. It prevents sound entering the cabin. Use these on the floor, trunk, firewall and wheel arches. You can use them on the inner sheet of the doors too. Here is picture of a mlv applied to a G-class wagon. I've bought the sheets for my vitz but havn't yet got the time to put them on.

    is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent -1649233

    3) Closed Cell Foam. These act as sound absorbers by muffling the sound. Most people in pakistan use Jumbolon since CCF is kinda hard to find here. Jumbolon works great aswell. It may not be a CCF to be exact but it works in a similar fashion.

    The three of these combined will do wonders to the cabin noise levels.
    Brother where did you buy the mlv from and kindly also share price?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    salmanrasheedpsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,709
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Bro there is alot of noise from back of the vitz as well as it doesnt have a rear parcel tray !
    When i installed a parcel tray in the back of my vitz the road and tire noise was reduced noticably !


    Sent from my iPod touch using PW Forums

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaatehRehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    The best way I found to combat the noise is to turn up the stereo a bit

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usama1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doc.tarzan View Post
    vitz is noisy as hell and i hate the engine noise of vitz. it sounds as if you are perpetually going uphill and the car is struggling
    Exactly...whatever the model is...its a worst car in terms of disturbing engine noise...

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devils_smile View Post
    There is no doubt that there is minimal insulation in the xp90. Its so bad, I though I was driving a scooter the day I bought the car. If you really want to eliminate foreign noises inside the cabin, you will have to spend at least 50k. To make the cabin as quite as possible, you need to do three layers of sound insulation/deadening.

    1) Sound Deadening Sheets to reduce rattles and body flexing. This prevents any squeaks and metal resonance. This is a link to my vitz where I did all the doors, trunk, a,b,c pillars and front firewall. I also did parts of the floor.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...-3#post4855279

    2) Mass Loaded Vinyl. This is sound barrier. It prevents sound entering the cabin. Use these on the floor, trunk, firewall and wheel arches. You can use them on the inner sheet of the doors too. Here is picture of a mlv applied to a G-class wagon. I've bought the sheets for my vitz but havn't yet got the time to put them on.

    is it possible to make vitz cabin noise free to max extent -1649233

    3) Closed Cell Foam. These act as sound absorbers by muffling the sound. Most people in pakistan use Jumbolon since CCF is kinda hard to find here. Jumbolon works great aswell. It may not be a CCF to be exact but it works in a similar fashion.

    The three of these combined will do wonders to the cabin noise levels.
    So we have to use all the three options combined to make noise free cabin.

    Can you tell us where to find/buy these things and in how much quantity:
    1. Sound Deadening Sheets?
    2. Mass Loaded Vinyl?
    3. Closed Cell Foam or Jumbolon?

    Also post a picture of these three items, it would be very helpful for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •