25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz K410 Series CVT Transmission Valve Body Servicings

Hi every one well i was quite busy for past few days so was inactive on the forum.
    As I Promised to some fellow members to start a new Thread related to Automatic Transmissions Valve body assy services. So Here we are.

Today I will share and discuss the problem's and their related repair procedures in common Toyota CVT Transmissions. Which some time can be fatal for the transmission itself and can cause severe drive ability problems and ends up in complete transmission failure.

Many of the people here just go for the routine maintenance and change their vehicle basic lube's i.e Engine oil, Transmission oil , CVT Transmission Oils.
    And think they had done their best to prevent the damages which can occur due to overclocked mileage interval oil change's and are on safe side.

Which is quite practical for daily routine lay man's terms.

\But these vehicle's which had CVT Transmissions installed in them requires more sophisticated diagnosis and comprehensive testings. Which shows us the actual health of these CVT Transmissions before doing any sort of Maintenance like Fluid Replacement or any sort of Calibration (Pressure Calibration).
    These Testing's include's the on board CVT Fluid pressure monitoring and Fluid temperature Monitoring.
    Which shows us the actual health and transmission performance values.

The question arouse in mind of a common person is. how can we test them?
    a:
    Should we install a pressure gauge or some thing like that to monitor the Oil Pressure like the old conventional Toyota / Lexus Transmission's?
    b:
    Or we install a temperature Gauge in between the Oil Pressure line to monitor the Temperature Values like the old Toyota/ Lexus Transmission's which dont had these sensors aboard on them.?

The answer is a simple NO. Because these New Gen Vehicles had on board Oil Pressure Sensor's, and fluid Temperature Sensors. Whom Values can Easily be monitored through Compatible Scan Equipment's and Also the Testings can be done to evaluate the transmission health and performance check's.

Now coming back to our topic
    It is necessary to observe these 2 readings before any of the maintenance like Transmission Fluid Replacement is carried out.

The first one is the Oil Temperature.

Usually When we drive a Vehicle the oil temperature raises according to the Driving Conditions. If More Load is carried on the vehicle ( If Vehicle is driven at WOT or aggressively) the temperature of Trans Fluids raises and at the same end it does cools down with the help of the ATF Cooler which are of 2 types 1:Water to Oil. Or 2nd:Air to Oil or in some cases Both of the Methods are adopted to keep the fluid temperature as low as possible because as the temperature of the fluid raises more past then the 100 C it start's to loose its strength and lubrication power and can damage the Transmission due to over heating and non lubrication.( depends upon the Fluid Type ) .

So if we drive the same vehicle normally with partial Load Driving. The Fluid Temperature stays in normal range which can be different for different Vehicle's Make and Climatic condition's. So by observing the Fluid temperature on idle we can determine the actual condition and health of the transmission.
    If the temperature is abnormal like on higher side then there must be some thing wrong which is causing the temperature to stay at higher range's.
    and we had to trace up the cause of the higher temperature's.
    Some time it can be raised due to Faulty Oil Cooler or restriction in oil cooler tube's or circuit.

And it also can be due to Low Oil Pressure.

Because there is an Oil to Cooler By pass valve in the Transmission Valve Body assy which opens at different oil pressure configuration and let the Oil Pass Through it to be cooled down for further use.

Now we will walk through the basic Oil Pressure system and its Major key role in ATM and CVT Transmissions.
    The Cvt and every ATM Transmissions runs on Fluid pressure. By variating the pressure the transmission can change the Gear Ratio's and the vehicle is moved in forward or reverse direction.

If the Fluid pressure Drop's below the certain normal point which is mentioned by the manufacturer than the vehicle had very huge lags and difficulty to move in any direction. Hence results in complete Transmission Failure.

The Problem now a days arouse in local Toyota CVT equipped vehicles in (Toyota Vitz, Axio , Fielder and other Toyota CVT Equipped vehicles).

now a days starts from minor drive ability problem which starts from Minor Engine Braking effect when driving below 40 KM/H if the Throttle pedal is released the transmission starts to brake immediately and lower down the speed.

Which is quite abnormal for these cvts. This problem starts when the CVT Fluid starts to deteriorate and become unusable.

But unfortunately the driver is unable to determine the signs And keep on driving and follows the strict oil change interval ranging from 30K to 40K.
    The end result is the CVT Fluid is unable to keep the Pressure maintained and the Start clutch & Braking Clutch's Packs and CVT Drive Belts starts to wear out.
    The debris from them is usually collected on the Oil Pan Catch Magnets which catches the small Microscopic and larger Metallic particle's along with Clutch pack's small particle's which are not metallic in nature.
    Then there is a time when the pan magnets cannot Catch those small Clutch pack particles and those particles passes through the Main Strainer aka( Transmission Filter) and passes through it hence clogging the sophisticated internal mechanism of Valve body assy which is the brain of the transmission and is responsible for the major Gear shifting , Pressure variation , and coasting and torque converter lockup operation and many more.
    hence that residue jams the movement of those valve's which had very low clearance in between them and the valve Body Walls.
    Blocking the movement and the end result's start's from the A/T oil pressure decreasing down which more decreases by the time and quantity of residue form inside which blocks the passages become more and more dense. As we know that the the A/T and CVT Transmissions are depending upon the Hydraulic Oil Pressure. when the oil pressure decreases the internal parts of the transmission starts to wear out more quickly than normal conditions and resulting in poor performance and some time fatal transmission failure's.

If we by the time when the residue is formed in the Transmission valve body assy Change / Replace the Oil i.e CVT or A/T transmission fluid it doesn't help to make the situation better and doesn't increases the Oil pressure as the main mechanism is blocked with the residue in the Valve body assy.
    Hence we will see the Wear particles in the Oil Pan Catch magnets after few hundred kilometers of oil change which indicates us about the wear problem still exists and is unresolved and the transmission still suffers from excessive wear.
    So Always inspect these pan catch magnets before performing any kind of maintenance job in these vehicle's first of all hook up the Scan equipment and see the readings of Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature's and observe them to find the health of your vehicle Transmission.
    There are some Active testings features in scan equipment's which can test the oil pressure both on higher end and on lower end on idling speed to determine whether the oil pressure is in normal range or not.

As I am working on the toyota vehicles for so many years these are my findings which i am mentioning below that how I deal with them when I encounter these problem's and how I perform the repair service.

NOTE:
    Please note that these sophisticated Transmission services are not meant for a DIY( Do It Yourself) Project or for Untrained Personals. If done Improperly it can result's in complete transmission Failure. And most of the time 10 Out of 9 vehicle's transmissions Fails due to improper Trained personals which I had observed personally in the Local market.
    Another thing the Local Toyota Dealer ships are also not providing these repair services and avoiding these CVT general Maintenance Jobs. so beware of the consequences and do not attempt to service it from untrained mechanics or personals.

Here we are with the vehicle it is Toyota Vitz 2012 KSP130 series equipped with 1KR-FE along with K410 CVT Transmission.

Upon diagnostic and routine Scan job we find that the A/T Oil Pressure was not in the normal range and was a bit low. see the highlighted text in the picture.
    The High Pressure was on 2.095 MPa which is equal ant to 303 Psi and on lower test it was in range
    as shown in HIGH Active Test Shown in 2nd picture.

So We decided to rectify this low pressure problem present in the CVT Transmission and Drained the CVTF Fluid from the oil Pan and Opened the oil pan for inspection.
    High pres

OIL PRESSURE BEFORE SERVICING WAS 2.095 MPa 303psi
    OIL PRESSURE AFTER SERVICING WAS 3.415 MPa 495psi

Total Difference was of 192 PSI which is a quite huge improvement.

Before servicing picture's are on page one and
    After servicing and reassembling pictures are on page 2

For more information and details any one can contact me at 0300-5220091
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wrong...liqui moly website recommends says 1400....plus the Japanese toyota cvt oil code is (toyota tc)...and if you see my last post ..on the bottle it does say toyota tc....plus m using the oil for like 2 months now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xlnc what changes you have observed after shifting to LiquiMoli particularly aeeeeeeeeeen sound?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xlnc View Post
    Wrong...liqui moly website recommends says 1400....plus the Japanese toyota cvt oil code is (toyota tc)...and if you see my last post ..on the bottle it does say toyota tc....plus m using the oil for like 2 months now
    Keep driving it when it ends up like a piece of junk then ask the LM guys to fix the problem. Grow up and face the reality. I will discuss the problems in detail when i will be in reach of my computer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great article ...with the exceptions of few things...
    Engine breaking at 30 and 40 km/h is actually a key feature in these transmission. ...if someone doesn't like it say (in a traffic jam) simply switch to S mode...then you won't get any engine breaking.

Secondly. ..it's really annoying how the information on these transmission are not readily available.

Thirdly....the transmission you showed was using a toyota tc genuine oil..
    Red wala......which is a crap oil I must say..
    Issue is this oil creates froth (jhaag) as the transmission moves...which reduces oil supply to various components. And it doesn't providing much cooling either...cause if you drive your car hard the transmission will give this winning noise.... (aeeeeennnnn). This only happens when trans overheats...which means there is Bad wear protection too ..cause of genuine Toyota oil...

Also bad oil or this toyota oil in hand will reduce your acceleration ...cause transmission (power losses)...your car puts less hp than written on your user manual.

Use liqui moly atf 1400 ....and you want have to do all this crap ...and you won't have dirty finger from the magnet....cause it has a better wear protection..
    ok now as i am free for the writing down the points briefly.

1: As you had described the Engine Breaking at 30 / 40 Km/h is actually not a key feature in this transmission any transmission which doesn't coast well when the throttle is released is known as a faulty transmission. which is unable to coast well at lower ratios. So this is a wrong statement Plz correct the concept of yours. The Coasting helps to improve the fuel economy and if the coasting valve is stucked then the severe engine braking is feel-en when throttle is released in between 40 KM/h and suddenly it releases the vehicle in the range of 10KM/H range. And in S Mode there will be excessive engine breaking.

2:
    Yes it is annoying that there is no support available openly regarding these transmissions. BUT YOU CAN GET THAT INFORMATION BY REGISTERING AND PAYING SOME $$$$ TO TOYOTA GLOBAL WEBSITE REMEMBER TO REGISTER THERE FIRST AND GET THE PREMIUM USER ACCOUNT. AND YOU WILL KNOW EVERY THING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ANY TOYOTA AND LEXUS VEHICLE RANGING FROM SERVICE MANUALS TO PARTS CATALOG.
    3:
    Regarding your experience about TOYOTA CVTF TC Fluid I had mentioned on some other thread about the UNFIT TOYOTA BADAMIBAGH Packed CVTF TC Oil.YES if you had used that cheap oil than no doubt you are saying well BUT MY DEAR always choose the TOYOTA CVTF TC according to your Region Climatic condition there are 3 different type of CVTF TC are available with different Climatic region.

3:
    b:
    The Oil supply is only reduced when the oil pressure gets lower than normal. If the oil pressure is too low than normal point the Oil Cooler By pass valve doesn't open hence causing the oil to overheat and deteriorate. the oil cooler Bypass valve Open's at 260PSI and if the pressure is lower than 260 PSI for example 250 PSI the valve wont open. SO this AAAANNNNNNNN LIKE SOUND KICKS IN AND YOU THINK THE OIL IS NOT DOING ITS WORK THIS HYPOTHESIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG. i HAD FIXED A LOT OF VEHICLES WITH THE SAME ISSUE LIKE AEEEENNNNNN AAAAAANNNNNNN LIKE NOISES AND UPON TESTINGS THE FAULT WAS LOW OIL PRESSURE.

4:
    OIL Doesn't reduces the Acceleration or increases it. The whole game depends upon oil pressure the more pressure The More torque feeling. Lower pressure and you will feel like driving an Turtle........

5:
    I am using liqui moly products from a long time and ATF 1400 is not recommended for the BELT DRIVEN CVTS LIKE TOYOTA's as the viscosity is very lower as compared to the standard's. If you are a fan of liqui moly then the usable oil is TOP TEC 1600 or TOP TEC 1800.

Plz read the Article again. ONLY OIL CHANGE WILL NOT HELP YOU TO RESOLVE THE LOW OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM IN ANY CASE. AND THE ABOVE SERVICE IS NOT A CRAP IT PROLONGS THE TRANSMISSION LIFE AND HEALTH. AND IF YOU THINK TOP TEC 1400 WILL HELP YOU BETTER THAN KEEP ON DRIVING AND WHEN SUMMERS ARRIVES PLZ LET US KNOW ABOUT THE CONDITION.

WE CAN ONLY SAVE THE TRANSMISSION FROM WEAR BY MAINTAINING A GOOD OIL PRESSURE BY FOLLOWING A STRICT MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Dear Sir,
    I just checked it doesnt give engine breaking at 40kmh...
    it does it below 20kmh i guess....on S mode however there is no engine breaking at all. I have checked this on 4 x vitz 2011/2012 inlcuding my own. i usually switch it to S mode when m in CRAWLING IN A TRAFFIC JAM....only cause i dont want my car giving me engine breaking at every inch...thats a waste of effort in my opinion. Another point worth noting here is that suppose you are going on a slope and you put the transmission on N and come to a complete hault the engine would still give you engine breaking but because its in N it wont have any effect...(if you dont understand that i can give it another try ) :-)
    2. I will try to signup ...but there is no such need at the moment cause my car is doing just fine.
    3. OK! I don’t know where BADAMIBAGH is, I got the fluid from TOYOTA G.T Rawal. What else I can do to buy a Genuine TOYOTA fluid?.
    You are right about the oil pressure bit. While i was using the TOYOTA TC oil the aeeen sound only came when i gave the car a good bashing...which means (the oil got hot) and we all know here that hot oil doesnt provide good oil pressure. I used to let the car cool down a bit by driving it gently and the sound would go (My brother is a witness to that). As the oil grew older somewhere around 30,000km mark the sound would come much sooner after driving for like say 20 minutes if driving a bit quickly. When i switched to LM 1400 that sound vanished ( Jaisay gaye ke sir se seeng) lol.

4. OIL does increase acceleration my friend. In making oil pressure....given that everything else is fine...OIL IS THE KEY ELEMENT THAT MAKES OIL PRESSURE. Better oils always provide superior wear protection. The most important criterion for good lubrication is oil flow not oil pressure. A low viscosity oil will always provide high oil flow and low oil pressure which is a best scenario for wear protection. However really low oil pressure is bad i agree. If the transmission is healthy and well lubricated there will much less TRANSMISSION POWER LOSSES resulting in higher acceleration.

6.AND WHAT GARMI SARDI YAAR....you dont say in summers i put this oil and in winter i use some other oil. Just read the spec sheet...see the POUR POINT AND FLASH POINT of the oil and you are good to go.

7. I am sure your procedures are right but it is only applicable if there is a constant whining sound, transmission is dirty as hell..your car feel sluggish. etc etc.

5. You are wrong about the liqui moly oils here LM ATF 1800 is not recommended as it is a TOYOTA WS standard.....LM ATF 1600 is also not recommended because it is suitable for MB 7 speed transmission only.

LM TOP TECH ATF 1400 IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VITZ 1KR FE CVT

I have attached the pdf links let other people decide.

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201600_EN.pdf

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201800_EN.pdf

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201400_EN.pdf

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I somehow agree with what @xlnc is saying. Cool down guys everyone here is learning something new from one method or the other.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No aeen sound at all
    Nice low end torque
    Quieter car

You must have noticed sometimes your car feels light and sometimes it feels a bit sluggish (1krfe vitz cvt)...this is only the different temperatures of the transmission. Cooler the better. Somehow the toyota oil was not supportive enough and the aeen sound came when the oil was hot (driving harshly). So i switched to atf 1400 and i am more than satisfied. Plus atf 1400 has anti froth qualities (Jhaag nahi banti oil ki ) which is good for oil flow.

Change your oil more frequently as the driving and weather conditions are extreme here in Pakistan. If you see the transmission on the above photos the wear deposits on those magnets are tooo much...one should not let that happen. 30k to 35k max for cvt mileage. You can read my other posts too on this thread.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am now compelled towards LM ATF 1400. My car does gives aeeen sound when i stamp on the throttle. Oil is original toyota cvt. @xlnc how much oil did you poured? According to toyota fill dried gearbox needs 5.75 litres of oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And yeah one can't neglect that valve body servicing. One must service it when changing the oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Dear Sir,
    I just checked it doesnt give engine breaking at 40kmh...
    it does it below 20kmh i guess....on S mode however there is no engine breaking at all. I have checked this on 4 x vitz 2011/2012 inlcuding my own. i usually switch it to S mode when m in CRAWLING IN A TRAFFIC JAM....only cause i dont want my car giving me engine breaking at every inch...thats a waste of effort in my opinion. Another point worth noting here is that suppose you are going on a slope and you put the transmission on N and come to a complete hault the engine would still give you engine breaking but because its in N it wont have any effect...(if you dont understand that i can give it another try ) :-)
    2. I will try to signup ...but there is no such need at the moment cause my car is doing just fine.
    3. OK! I don’t know where BADAMIBAGH is, I got the fluid from TOYOTA G.T Rawal. What else I can do to buy a Genuine TOYOTA fluid?.
    You are right about the oil pressure bit. While i was using the TOYOTA TC oil the aeeen sound only came when i gave the car a good bashing...which means (the oil got hot) and we all know here that hot oil doesnt provide good oil pressure. I used to let the car cool down a bit by driving it gently and the sound would go (My brother is a witness to that). As the oil grew older somewhere around 30,000km mark the sound would come much sooner after driving for like say 20 minutes if driving a bit quickly. When i switched to LM 1400 that sound vanished ( Jaisay gaye ke sir se seeng) lol.

4. OIL does increase acceleration my friend. In making oil pressure....given that everything else is fine...OIL IS THE KEY ELEMENT THAT MAKES OIL PRESSURE. Better oils always provide superior wear protection. The most important criterion for good lubrication is oil flow not oil pressure. A low viscosity oil will always provide high oil flow and low oil pressure which is a best scenario for wear protection. However really low oil pressure is bad i agree. If the transmission is healthy and well lubricated there will much less TRANSMISSION POWER LOSSES resulting in higher acceleration.

6.AND WHAT GARMI SARDI YAAR....you dont say in summers i put this oil and in winter i use some other oil. Just read the spec sheet...see the POUR POINT AND FLASH POINT of the oil and you are good to go.

7. I am sure your procedures are right but it is only applicable if there is a constant whining sound, transmission is dirty as hell..your car feel sluggish. etc etc.

5. You are wrong about the liqui moly oils here LM ATF 1800 is not recommended as it is a TOYOTA WS standard.....LM ATF 1600 is also not recommended because it is suitable for MB 7 speed transmission only.

LM TOP TECH ATF 1400 IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VITZ 1KR FE CVT

I have attached the pdf links let other people decide.

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201600_EN.pdf

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201800_EN.pdf

http://www.liquimoly.co.rs/e-shop/fi...%201400_EN.pdf

I dont had that much time and battery left to answer every question. Will answer it breifly after I get to some point. We are talking here on the result basis. Ot by word of mouth. So if some one wants to prpve any thing or want to discuss some points. Discuss them properly along with numeric test result's. Or if you are present in islamabad take some time out and fix a meeting in which explain your results and we can justify and fix the misconceptions both of us had.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kya pooch Liya yaar ....jung ho Jaye geee..
    Well according to the manual it's 6.3l ...but here toyota ppl said 4l litres is fine.
    I went with 6.3l option and I drove for like 2 kms with constant aeeeeennnnn sound coming out...
    Got **** scared went back to my shop and took out 2 litres...
    So now I have 4.3l in my vitz.. and things are bloody good.
    maybe if it was a dry fill it would have taken 6.3

I changed my cvt on 30000km and then 60000km both times I filled 4litres or 4.3litres

NOT SURE SO DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

What raja atta said was not wrong .....but what he said was more of a cure NOT PREVENTION ..the new extra 2 litres oil also came out dirty even after driving it for 2-5 kms(good of liqui Moly because it really did some cleaning).the Toyota red oil was still red when it came out after 30k but the golden liqui moly came out completely dark after driving for 2-5 kms. )
    ..so yea if you are long due for an oil change or have lost previous records .....get the valve cleaned up..from a reliable mechanic go for it. I didn't do it because I am a bit skeptical of how mechanics they mishandle the bits and don't except their mistake if sth goes wrong....plus don't like to experiment things on my own car..I like to learn from others mistake....a bit selfish but rest assured safe.

Another thing if toyota cvt oil was so good
    ..it wouldn't have allowed the deposits to settle on the cvt internals any way. Remember oil has three jobs: lubricate, cooling and cleaning.

My final verdict is that vitz cvt is not the best transmission out there....wish it had a dipstck, an external oil filter and was not so moody lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup these CVTs....... Hate them BIG TIME. Wish 1KR-FE was coupled with ect automatic transmission *_*

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont just assume that you dont see stuff on the magnet after your oil of choice means that its zabardast oil. The particulate you see on the magnet is clutch wear material and its normal to see that in any transmission - as you said yourself, the oil cleans - the torque converter clutch wears slightly when its worked and the oil cleans out this wear which is then floating around the gearbox - the strainer and magnet are to catch that.

fluid dye can be misleading e.g. an undyed fluid (LM 1400) can become very dirty very quickly because its almost transparent, OTOH the red dyed fluids do the same but the red colour sort of hides it.

Frothing of the fluid is caused by overfilling, that is why its highly critical to get the level dead on accurate. These toilet overflow type sumps on new toyotas somewhat prevent overfilling but one mistake on the measure can cause quite a large overfill (e.g. car on ramps upfront only) - to check the level a spirit level is stuck to the sump. Its used to be a pain to check the level on these as they require a full cool down to check - but toyota have now made a tool that is just an extendible straw which is stuck into the sump and then the level is measured.

To do that - a constant vacuum of 5 to 8 inches is applied to the transmission case from the filler port to make sure the liquid doesnt drain from the sump when you remove the plug.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    dont just assume that you dont see stuff on the magnet after your oil of choice means that its zabardast oil. The particulate you see on the magnet is clutch wear material and its normal to see that in any transmission - as you said yourself, the oil cleans - the torque converter clutch wears slightly when its worked and the oil cleans out this wear which is then floating around the gearbox - the strainer and magnet are to catch that.

fluid dye can be misleading e.g. an undyed fluid (LM 1400) can become very dirty very quickly because its almost transparent, OTOH the red dyed fluids do the same but the red colour sort of hides it.

Frothing of the fluid is caused by overfilling, that is why its highly critical to get the level dead on accurate. These toilet overflow type sumps on new toyotas somewhat prevent overfilling but one mistake on the measure can cause quite a large overfill (e.g. car on ramps upfront only) - to check the level a spirit level is stuck to the sump. Its used to be a pain to check the level on these as they require a full cool down to check - but toyota have now made a tool that is just an extendible straw which is stuck into the sump and then the level is measured.

To do that - a constant vacuum of 5 to 8 inches is applied to the transmission case from the filler port to make sure the liquid doesnt drain from the sump when you remove the plug.
    Welcome to the discussion BOSS You are absolutely right This is the thing the normal guys dont understand and runs after LM1400 which is not suitable for this transmission they JUST SAW OH HO GERMANY KA TEEEL HAI. Those toyota guys had invested Billions in research and Development and made a END Product.

IT IS US WHO THINK JDDDDDEEEEMMMM WILL LAST FOR LIFE TIME AND IGNORE THE BASIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES LIKE 30K INTERVAL OIL CHANGE AND ENDS UP IN DEAD OR DYING TRANSMISSION

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can bet him about the residue on pan magnets will be seen after few thousand KM's like 2 to 3 k and in some extreme cases in few hundred KM's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Boss one more thing I want to discuss is As i am working on these K41 and 410 series in old gen vitz i came across the diagnosis of knock detection which is common but the problem is the transmission shift more rapidly in 5 th ratio as compared to the new gen vitz with same transmission. I had some how adjusted the Primary regulators pressures and achieve the goal of delaying the final shift in old vitz what do you think of a better solution

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rajaatta Do you live in Islamabad and where is CarView Workshop? Islamabad?. If yes then do you know someone in Lahore for valve body service?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by caprice1 View Post
    @rajaatta Do you live in Islamabad and where is CarView Workshop? Islamabad?. If yes then do you know someone in Lahore for valve body service?
    bro got your sms SORRY I am in Islamabad so cant assist or help you i lahore get the vehicle scanned and look for the OIL PRESSURE PID and get the reading the reading is the only was to diagnose whether to service the valve body or not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Normal obd scanner will tell the pressure?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If m normal than what are you abnormal? I have sent you links of LM atf spec sheet. you give wrong info by saying use 1600 and 1800 ..where is your proof on that ? You need to show ampathy towards others and respect other people's opinion warna ....vitz ka cvt he theek KarTay rehna ...Ghalat teal daal ke...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List