0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz

Salam i have bought toyota vitz recently about 10 days ago...It is 2003 model registered in 2007 and is fully loaded card..I have experienced some faults in this car...Ist i went on a long journey of about 350 km in a day and noticed that its petrol average is very high..about 6km/litre with no pick and no speed in petrol..hardly managed to reach 110km/h..then i checked my car with a mechanic he said that its chok is rusty he cleaned that and also he added some pipes in water circulation with a T inserted between them..a modification from factory level...after this modification my car started drastically heating up issue...since then it has been heated up twice,...yesterday on motorway..then i went for another mechanic and he had his own theory he removed all the modified pipes in water circulation and leaved the car back in its original form..after that driving last night with 120km/h on motorway it didnt heat up....
    Today for petrol issue i visited another mechanic he cleaned the oil pump in the rear and it was very dirty extremely rusty...he said it will now give you 20km/l and speeding issue has also been solved...
    My question from all the senior members is that i am planning to sale my vitz again because i dont want any heat up issues in summer...so can any one tell me that if vitz has really some car heat up issues?any one who have used it specially in summer with AC..whats its performance???
    PS...Mistri told me that ( Vitz is a disposable car with heat up issues) so is it true??
    Really confused...shall i sale it or keep it.....I bought it on 8,25000....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Your mechanic is totally dumb. Vitz 1st gen is very nice car without any heatup or other issues. You & Your car just need a good mechanic I owned 2001 model vitz for 3 years, and believe me, there are no heatup issues at all. Just get your car checked properly and always use Original coolant. Look for any water leakage from pipes of radiator & also get ur radiator service !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Your mechanic is totally dumb. Vitz 1st gen is very nice car without any heatup or other issues. You & Your car just need a good mechanic I owned 2001 model vitz for 3 years, and believe me, there are no heatup issues at all. Just get your car checked properly and always use Original coolant. Look for any water leakage from pipes of radiator & also get ur radiator service !
    Which coolant is best...Zic?? by the way i just bought it and it has no coolant in it...simple water....and what was the petrol average of your 2001 vitz ?
    and no heatup in summer with full time AC?
    In this life you've got to hope for the best,Prepare for the worst and take whatever GOD sends.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Caltex Coolant (orange colored) has a good reputation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Community Votes: 1
    Bad economy no power it looks like your is in limp mode any swap history? Check light ? Go to any good electrician tell him to check if set parallel to alternator don't shift to coolant with rusty cooling system flush your radiator before shifting to coolant

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Well i have Vitz 2009 model from 2013. I have no issue of heating or economy. As you were buying an old car, you must ask the history of the car like fluids replacement etc.
    Go to any well reputed workshop in your area, get the car scanned, tune up the car, change all the necessary fluids and belts and you will be good to go again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution
    Community Votes: 2
    I own the same car.
    The worst thing you can do to a JDM is a jugaar, that too with the cooling system. Have your radiator flushed and pour new coolant. As for the pick issue, my car had the same issue. Exact same issue. I had the catalytic converter removed and a new oxygen sensor installed. The car is amazing since then. My car's checklight lit up when I had the catalytic converter removed. Then, I had the oxygen sensor replaced and the checklight disappeared . Get the fuel filter replaced aswell. Rest, just follow your routine maintenance. If you need anymore help, PM me. I've dealt with all sorts of issues I have this car since July 2013. The AC works well in the daytime during June/July. Don't expect anything extraordinary. It's a 12 year old car, bound to have some issues.
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alishankhann View Post
    Which coolant is best...Zic?? by the way i just bought it and it has no coolant in it...simple water....and what was the petrol average of your 2001 vitz ?
    and no heatup in summer with full time AC?
    I always use original toyota life coolant and I got my car with complete maintenance history & no swap whatever. And its A/C works very well in the Hot Sun of june/july and I always use A/C on step 3 My car used to give me 19 with A/C on long & 21 without A/C on long drive. In city, it gives me 14-16 with eyes closed. And there are NO heatup issues at all, from last 3 years
    I will also recommend you to get ur car's gear oil change, with original Toyota ATF T-4. Also get your car scanned from any reputable electrician, for any electronic & sensor issues.
    Also perform the compression test on ur car's engine from Reputable Mechanic, to check the engine health.
    I hope it helps

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    There are no heating up issues with vitz, i have kept vitz 2001 for 7 years!! Although my car had CNG kit too but there were no issues at all. Petrol consumption was slightly higher as compared to other 1000cc cars but still it was not that bad, 11km/l in city and around 13-15km/l on highway. Better go for engine replacement with the kabli one rather wasting your time, energy and money on the issues.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List