My Vitz (2005) Steering was normal, and required very little force to steer and corner the vehicle. But now it feels heavy, and requires some force to turn and steer the car. Much like manual steering.
First, here is before this issue appeared.
- ABS wasn't working and car sometimes skid when breaking in emergency.
- After finding the problem, the front right sensor and bearing were replaced.
- ABS problem solved.
After that the car was good. But I noticed the heaviness in steering, as if there is too much load on car.
- Had the wheel alignment corrected. No change in steering feel.
- All four breaks serviced, no change in steering feels
- Tire pressure are correct.
Over all, the car is functioning normally, with no warning light etc. When I start the car, the steering is good and there is power to fully rotate it easily. But after driving for about 10 meters, it feels like steering wheel has become manual and need force to steer and corner which is very tiring. It doesn't stick and comes back with a kick instead of softly rotating to center.
Only one thing which stands out from everything is electrician unplugged the main electrical hub which is situated under battery stand. My guess is some loose connection is causing the EPS motor to shut off after a while.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad