Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By saboor73
  • 1 Post By waleed911
  • 1 Post By joinami

Thread: 2006 Vitz Engine swap, 1.3 or 1.5?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb 2006 Vitz Engine swap, 1.3 or 1.5?

    ASA PW Members,

    As title suggest, kindly guide me in swapping my 1KFR motor with a 1300 or 1500cc motor...i will indeed appreciate if you elaborate your reply separately for all things that need replacement if I opt for 1300 or 1500cc motor. regarding 1500cc an owner told me the excellent mileage 17+ in city and 24+ long routes and superb body to weight ratio he experienced...his statement excites me to make my ride into a pocket rocket but a i need a complete estimate what needs to be changed...any member who already done this plz guide me as i only see 2000+ model swap for 1.5 not for 2006 model...Rgds and awaiting your


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    1nzfe is cheaper better in performance and economicical compared to 2nzfe

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    mallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    1nzfe is cheaper better in performance and economicical compared to 2nzfe
    Thanks Saboor, can you elaborate your reply explaining "better in performance and economical" and majority says 1.3 is best option and what additional changes i have to made in terms of suspension, exhaust, brakes if upgrading from 1.0 to 1.5ltr?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MADDYBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    are you sure you can fit 1.5 in vitz ?
    -

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    Thanks Saboor, can you elaborate your reply explaining "better in performance and economical" and majority says 1.3 is best option and what additional changes i have to made in terms of suspension, exhaust, brakes if upgrading from 1.0 to 1.5ltr?
    2nzfe is 84hp 1nzfe is 104hp so powerful
    Economical if driven with light foot 1nzfe gives better mileage than 2nzfe so ecomical
    Brakes will be upgrade you will need drilled rotor I think a friend have oneone
    Suspension wouldn't need upgrade I guess

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    safdar.hussain.9406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have vitz 2006 model, import 2009. This time my Vitz 2006. I have done 135000/Km. Now i feel change or replace the new engine. Please give me advice which is better for my Vitz. Economically and mechanically and fuel efficiency wise. Please also mention the how much cost of this new engine. Thanks

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    are you sure you can fit 1.5 in vitz ?
    Euro Vitz have 2zrfe 1.8l engine same as grande

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MADDYBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Euro Vitz have 2zrfe 1.8l engine same as grande
    1.8 in vitz
    -

  9. #9
    exo
    exo is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 2006 Vitz Engine swap, 1.3 or 1.5?

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    2nzfe is 84hp 1nzfe is 104hp so powerful
    Economical if driven with light foot 1nzfe gives better mileage than 2nzfe so ecomical
    Brakes will be upgrade you will need drilled rotor I think a friend have oneone
    Suspension wouldn't need upgrade I guess

    One more important bit of information :
    The 1.3L 2NZ-FE for the vitz came with a 4speed Auto box and 4wd, which might be good for versatility but is very bad combo here, you will loose both power and economy.
    Now the 1.3L engine you want is a 2SZ-FE, for vitz it comes with a Cvt box and front wheel drive. You can try to find a half cut of a 1.3l vitz with this engine and swap parts. A member on pw has done this swap, try to look it up.
    If you want a 1.5L, then the 1NZ-FE is what you are looking for, they are are abundantly available in engine only form as it came in axio and premio but i am not sure about the transmission whether the cvt box of axio or premio will fit into vitz easily, you will really have to try your luck finding a half cut vitz with this engine in it. A member on pw did this swap too but was with a manual transmission.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    A brotherly advice don't swap a engine with CVT transmission or else you will hate your life

  11. #11
    exo
    exo is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    A brotherly advice don't swap a engine with CVT transmission or else you will hate your life
    Because of wiring and installation issues or because the gear ratios will wrong all of the time?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exo View Post
    Because of wiring and installation issues or because the gear ratios will wrong all of the time?
    CVT drives like stupid that's why too much lag

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go for 1.5...

    Ur brakes and suspension dont need to be uprated, just get good quality braking pads...

    Gearbox will remain same, Only engine assembly will be changed... U will have to change engine mounts as well...

    Exhaust will be modified to fit the reverse placement of headers for 1nzfe...

    Try to source a clean engine... Mine has done over 30K and still goin string mashAllah with excellent average, mines manual though a bit on the expensive side of swaps...

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    mallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    Go for 1.5...

    Ur brakes and suspension dont need to be uprated, just get good quality braking pads...

    Gearbox will remain same, Only engine assembly will be changed... U will have to change engine mounts as well...

    Exhaust will be modified to fit the reverse placement of headers for 1nzfe...

    Try to source a clean engine... Mine has done over 30K and still goin string mashAllah with excellent average, mines manual though a bit on the expensive side of swaps...

    Cheers...
    Thanks for advice and I do read your swap thread...i been told that 1.3 half-cut have slightly tough front suspension, radiator, shocks and break booster and exhaust system to support 1.3. The price for complete swap is 120K with 2NZ and 95K for 2SZ. whats the advantage of being going with NZ compared to SZ series as i don't see any visible specs diff on wikipedia? 25K is a lot of money to save...Pathan bhai also offered another 18K for replacing RPM meter and climate control addition in upgrade cabin...climate control is good feature to have with to save fuel....

    1.5 half-cuts are not available commonly but complete 1NZ swap also offered in same price for similar parts...i am little bit skeptical in follow this route and doing the swap from collecting bits and pieces from other models though still i prefer to for 1.5L...Can you guide me here

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    mallic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    48
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @waleed911 @saboor73 @exo...I need your feedback about is it wise to spend 1.25K on a swap OR go for an original 1.3L price around 975-1.1M from F to U/ill grade? will i be able to recoup my investment on a swapped engine car if I opted to sell my car? current price evaluation of my car is b/w 860-925K by a dealer.

    Please comment assuming 1.5L swap is more for a fun to drive so lets keep this option aside and comment considering market value of swapped and original 1.3L car.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    Thanks for advice and I do read your swap thread...i been told that 1.3 half-cut have slightly tough front suspension, radiator, shocks and break booster and exhaust system to support 1.3. The price for complete swap is 120K with 2NZ and 95K for 2SZ. whats the advantage of being going with NZ compared to SZ series as i don't see any visible specs diff on wikipedia? 25K is a lot of money to save...Pathan bhai also offered another 18K for replacing RPM meter and climate control addition in upgrade cabin...climate control is good feature to have with to save fuel....

    1.5 half-cuts are not available commonly but complete 1NZ swap also offered in same price for similar parts...i am little bit skeptical in follow this route and doing the swap from collecting bits and pieces from other models though still i prefer to for 1.5L...Can you guide me here
    2nzfe is expensive because its available in local corolla 2szfe is much better than 2nzfe climate control is not for a country like pak on hot day climate control with irritate you will loud blower noise

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    joinami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,949
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 2006 Vitz Engine swap, 1.3 or 1.5?

    If you thinking for better performance than
    1NZ-FE or 2NZ-FE is a way to go .
    But you thinking in terms of re sale value advantage than no
    Every swapped car has a lower end in terms of a re sale unless its a project car or a 4x4 diesel swap .

    But Waleed vitz drives like a dream with NZ engine .


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Old is Gold
    Sulfide by Nature ....Trained & Tuned @ Toyota,,,,,,

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Fahad.Ayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,959
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    @waleed911 @saboor73 @exo...I need your feedback about is it wise to spend 1.25K on a swap OR go for an original 1.3L price around 975-1.1M from F to U/ill grade? will i be able to recoup my investment on a swapped engine car if I opted to sell my car? current price evaluation of my car is b/w 860-925K by a dealer.

    Please comment assuming 1.5L swap is more for a fun to drive so lets keep this option aside and comment considering market value of swapped and original 1.3L car.
    sell your car and get a 1.3 or a 1.5 rs

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    @waleed911 @saboor73 @exo...I need your feedback about is it wise to spend 1.25K on a swap OR go for an original 1.3L price around 975-1.1M from F to U/ill grade? will i be able to recoup my investment on a swapped engine car if I opted to sell my car? current price evaluation of my car is b/w 860-925K by a dealer.

    Please comment assuming 1.5L swap is more for a fun to drive so lets keep this option aside and comment considering market value of swapped and original 1.3L car.
    If

    resale is an issue then by all means sell ur current car and buy a 1.3... Swapped cars r for enthusiasts because they bring with them the curse of horrible resale but tremendous joy...

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •