Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post vitz 2010 knocking beyond 50KPH

Dear forum members,

I seek your advice for my toyota vitz (also in your opinion is there a good mechanic in Lahore (ideally near Defense) who understands Vitz?)

my observations for the car are as:
    1- The car is 1000CC, 2010 model, 2013 import.
    2- Mileage is around 110,000KM
    3- it has been subjected to regular maintenance, oil (OIL) has been changed even 4000KM, and tune up including clean up of spark plugs, carburetor has been done about 6000-8000 KM (the last tune up was done 3000 KM back and oil change done 1000KM ago. Car battery is also new.
    4- When I use a combination of high-octane and normal petrol, the car runs good, however in last month or so I have not been getting hi-octane and running it on normal petrol and for this reason, I am thinking that the problem that I am describing is related to engine knocking.
    5- when the car is driven in the morning, generally it takes some time to give some noise but the noise is more common in the afternoon or evening. Even in the evenings car produces no noise at low speeds.
    6- When I am accelerating the car above 50-60 KM, I observe knocking which goes away when I remove my foot from the accelerator.
    7- I also feel that car runs a bit heavy, for example, from 0 KM-60 KM I am feeling less pick in the car (may be that is the way with 1000 cc cars and I am just feeling it more at the moment).
    8- Also some times horn sound is alright, but sometimes it comes out quite bad as if someone has grabbed horn from throat.

Can you please suggest what is going on? If it is because of knocking, then besides using a mixture of high-octane/normal petrol, is there a way to clean the engine to reduce/eliminate noise?

Regards,
    Rahman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alternator and battry testing required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rszs81 View Post
    Dear forum members,

I seek your advice for my toyota vitz (also in your opinion is there a good mechanic in Lahore (ideally near Defense) who understands Vitz?)

my observations for the car are as:
    1- The car is 1000CC, 2010 model, 2013 import.
    2- Mileage is around 110,000KM
    3- it has been subjected to regular maintenance, oil (OIL) has been changed even 4000KM, and tune up including clean up of spark plugs, carburetor has been done about 6000-8000 KM (the last tune up was done 3000 KM back and oil change done 1000KM ago. Car battery is also new.
    4- When I use a combination of high-octane and normal petrol, the car runs good, however in last month or so I have not been getting hi-octane and running it on normal petrol and for this reason, I am thinking that the problem that I am describing is related to engine knocking.
    5- when the car is driven in the morning, generally it takes some time to give some noise but the noise is more common in the afternoon or evening. Even in the evenings car produces no noise at low speeds.
    6- When I am accelerating the car above 50-60 KM, I observe knocking which goes away when I remove my foot from the accelerator.
    7- I also feel that car runs a bit heavy, for example, from 0 KM-60 KM I am feeling less pick in the car (may be that is the way with 1000 cc cars and I am just feeling it more at the moment).
    8- Also some times horn sound is alright, but sometimes it comes out quite bad as if someone has grabbed horn from throat.

Can you please suggest what is going on? If it is because of knocking, then besides using a mixture of high-octane/normal petrol, is there a way to clean the engine to reduce/eliminate noise?

Regards,
    Rahman
    Well you are facing highly clogged catalytic converter due to which engine does produce excessive knock beyond the 50 kmph ( as the symptom described by you) go for a scan job from any toyota dealer and ask them to active test the cat con readings. But the diagnoser should be professional and knowledgeable person in this matter no newbie or young diagnoser who are exposed to less work practice should not carry out the tests.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much has the vehicle run so far?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

syncview, rajaatta & salmancnpp82thanks for your comments. the mileage is around 1,10,000KM.
    The AC Compressor was replaced around 1,08,000 KM (at that time there was quite a lot of noise and mechanic identified the AC Compressor to be at fault) and the matter was settled.
    Battery is also new, it is AGS battery, installed about 1500 KM ago.
    About 10000 KM ago, clogging of exhaust manifold was diagnosed, however the mechanic did some cleaning (using some acid) and I continued with it.
    I also feel the car is giving bumpy ride even on Lahore ring road. Mechanic said that wheels could be replaced to improve that but the wheel balancing guy said that wheels are good for use. The wheel balancing has done little to improve it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have tried zillion things from changing cat converter to cleaning fuel injectors . nothing happens . only solution is high octane . regularly use high octane and only high octane no mixtures. Do this 3-4 tanks ... Fill it and end it till reserve and drive car on high rpms. Knocking will end 100%
    I have 2006 vitz 160k driven.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks, I am observing the similar situation... haven't been able to find high-octane since more than a month and starting to see this knocking. I keep wondering if there is some additive that can clean the internals.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for the comments. some more info: The car has 110K on it.
    For more than a month I have not been able to get hold of High-octane on the two pumps that I use (Shell & total).
    The battery is also new, it is AGS and installed only a few months back.
    About 2000 km ago, the car was producing some noise and it was identified that shaft in the AC compressor and thus the compressor was replaced and problem was solved to some extent.
    About 10K ago, during the regular maintenance, I was told that exhaust system was also too clogged and needed replacement, but then it was cleaned by the mechanic using some acid and he told me that I can still continue using it.
    I also feel the ride is a bit bumpy even on the Lahore ring road. The mechanic told me that tires could be replaced to improve that but the wheel alignment guys tell me that tires are good and there is no need of replacement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by salmancnpp82 View Post
    Alternator and battry testing required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For more than a month I have not been able to get hold of High-octane on the two pumps that I use (Shell & total).
    About 2000 km ago, the car was producing some noise and it was identified that shaft in the AC compressor and thus the compressor was replaced and problem was solved to some extent.

About 10K ago, during the regular maintenance, I was told that exhaust system was also too clogged and needed replacement, but then it was cleaned by the mechanic using some acid and he told me that I can still continue using it. Do you think there is someone good in Lahore for this job? I have been going to Toyota Walton but feel unsatisfied by their service.

I also feel the ride is a bit bumpy even on the Lahore ring road. The mechanic told me that tires could be replaced to improve that but the wheel alignment guys tell me that tires are good and there is no need of replacement at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Well you are facing highly clogged catalytic converter due to which engine does produce excessive knock beyond the 50 kmph ( as the symptom described by you) go for a scan job from any toyota dealer and ask them to active test the cat con readings. But the diagnoser should be professional and knowledgeable person in this matter no newbie or young diagnoser who are exposed to less work practice should not carry out the tests.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For more than a month I have not been able to get hold of High-octane on the two pumps that I use near DHA (Shell & total).
    About 10K ago, during the regular maintenance, I was told that exhaust system was also too clogged and needed replacement, but then it was cleaned by the mechanic using some acid and he told me that I can still continue using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    I have tried zillion things from changing cat converter to cleaning fuel injectors . nothing happens . only solution is high octane . regularly use high octane and only high octane no mixtures. Do this 3-4 tanks ... Fill it and end it till reserve and drive car on high rpms. Knocking will end 100%
    I have 2006 vitz 160k driven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I haav same issue..after checking by autel diadnosis my o2 sensor was weak..and cat was found broken by prevoius owner.so I bought new cat with 02 sensor and after insalation knoking z gone I m using super petrol only and didnt found any knocking and pick is good too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check ur 02 sensor also called precat bank1..It ll check by diagnostic tool by a graph..visit osama at model town he z very knowledgeable

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For more than a month I have not been able to get hold of High-octane on the two pumps that I use near DHA (Shell & total).

Ride is bumpy due to shocks...you can get new ones from Montgomery road. It can also be due to tires as tires might be old and need replacement. Replace them and if it makes a difference then no need of shocks
    Yes hi octane is really hard to find...try to find it from gulberg. But it's the only solution of knocking.

And for inspection always go to Toyota 3s... Toyota airport is the best. Don't show your ride to roadside mechanics they will mess it up further

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you please give me his contact no/location
    Quote Originally Posted by vitzyaris View Post
    Check ur 02 sensor also called precat bank1..It ll check by diagnostic tool by a graph..visit osama at model town he z very knowledgeable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

03214106898 osama model town tippu block

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you please give me his contact no/location
    Sir did you find any solution after visitin osama? i have vitz 2010 and exact same issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was told after inspection that car is in good health, I just need to use high-octane.

I wonder if there is some check and balance on the fuel quality? because it seems like lowering of fuel prices has been coupled with lowering of quality (which should not have been the case).

Quote Originally Posted by m_umairr View Post
    Sir did you find any solution after visitin osama? i have vitz 2010 and exact same issue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was told after inspection that car is in good health, I just need to use high-octane.

I wonder if there is some check and balance on the fuel quality? because it seems like lowering of fuel prices has been coupled with lowering of quality (which should not have been the case).
    I already told you that you just need hi octane. No need to do anything else.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes, you are right. But availability of hi-octane is very very limited. few days ago, I checked y-block total, H-block Shell & PSO, cavelary PSO, MM Alam road Total, Liberty PSO but was told that either it did not arrive, or if it did then it was gone within a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    I already told you that you just need hi octane. No need to do anything else.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi
    maybe I'm forgetting, but did you even visit me? i never ever inspected a vitz and suggested using hi octane.
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List