Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 1.3 (2SZ-FE) Removing catalytic converter Reviews

AOA Everyone,

I have a 1.3L Vitz 2sz-fe engine 61,000Km driven on ODO but god knows how much is the real mileage. Its giving me 8-9KM/L with AC on all the time in city that is WAYY low. With really light foot. Also, the pick/acceleration is slow. Even with full pedal the RPM is high but the power doesn't go to the wheels as the way it should. My oils and filters everything is from Genuine Toyota parts and also Car has no vibrations or bad sounds or knocking AT ALL! Its smooth.
    I just want to ask all the 1.3 Vitz owners and also 1.0 owners that what changes did they experience after Removing the Catalytic converter. Did the accerlation improve? (Which it should as there is no block anymore). Is there a mileage improvement?

Kindly share your experiences and help me. Highly appreciated! JazakAllah!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plz mention ur vitz's model ...
    Its 1st gen or 2nd gen ???

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its 2nd Gen. Model 2008.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by humayun.chughtai.7 View Post
    Plz mention ur vitz's model ...
    Its 1st gen or 2nd gen ???

Its 2nd gen. Model 2008

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

never ever remove your catalytic converter.

i have a similar ride. 13-16 km/l milage in city with 100% ac. more on highways.

you can see the details of maintainence routines on my page https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vit...-hamd-u-lillah

incase you are still convinced that ur catalytic converter has some issue, i would suggest to get it replaced with a kabli one however still no need to remove it.

as per my experience 1.3 Vitz works better with 5w-50 fully synthetic oil and to keep the catalytic converter clean i usually pour in the stp injector or fuel system cleaner once a month. rest of the details are there on my page.

let me know if u need any more help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alihaidershah View Post
    AOA Everyone,

I have a 1.3L Vitz 2sz-fe engine 61,000Km driven on ODO but god knows how much is the real mileage. Its giving me 8-9KM/L with AC on all the time in city that is WAYY low. With really light foot. Also, the pick/acceleration is slow. Even with full pedal the RPM is high but the power doesn't go to the wheels as the way it should. My oils and filters everything is from Genuine Toyota parts and also Car has no vibrations or bad sounds or knocking AT ALL! Its smooth.
    I just want to ask all the 1.3 Vitz owners and also 1.0 owners that what changes did they experience after Removing the Catalytic converter. Did the accerlation improve? (Which it should as there is no block anymore). Is there a mileage improvement?

Kindly share your experiences and help me. Highly appreciated! JazakAllah!
    Use a lower multi viscosity oil, 5W30.
    Get your fuel injectors cleaned/ Ultra sonic cleaning.
    Do not remove catalytic converter. Replace it if required.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Use a lower multi viscosity oil, 5W30.
    Get your fuel injectors cleaned/ Ultra sonic cleaning.
    Do not remove catalytic converter. Replace it if required.
    AOA,

Thanks a lot of reply. I live in Rawalpindi. I can also go to Islamabad. Do you know any places where I can go and get Ultra sonic cleaning?
    Also, after how long should be fuel injectors cleaned? And If any liquid cleaner is used kindly recommend me which one to buy to get best results. The 150-200 one on Petrol Stations are fake and NEVER work. Kindly provide me with more information on which one to get as my car is driven 61000 but never had fuel injectors service.
    Also, my local mechanic totally disagree with cleaning fuel injectors and was like lets take out the catalytic converter. He is also a guy who takes out my Denso Iridium Spark plugs and clean them with wire rotator machine and spray WD-40 on it afterwards as I recently discovered that Iridium spark plug get completely destroyed if cleaned that way. And he says it the write way as its Pakistan and blah blah blah. I am not taking my to him anymore as he is gonna further ruin things. Do you guys think my plugs are damaged now as I am pretty sure they are after being rotated against that Machine at least 4-5 times.
    Kindly enlighten me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=alihaidershah;5105026]AOA,

Thanks a lot of reply. I live in Rawalpindi. I can also go to Islamabad. Do you know any places where I can go and get Ultra sonic cleaning?
    Also, after how long should be fuel injectors cleaned? And If any liquid cleaner is used kindly recommend me which one to buy to get best results. The 150-200 one on Petrol Stations are fake and NEVER work. Kindly provide me with more information on which one to get as my car is driven 61000 but never had fuel injectors service.
    Also, my local mechanic totally disagree with cleaning fuel injectors and was like lets take out the catalytic converter. He is also a guy who takes out my Denso Iridium Spark plugs and clean them with wire rotator machine and spray WD-40 on it afterwards as I recently discovered that Iridium spark plug get completely destroyed if cleaned that way. And he says it the write way as its Pakistan and blah blah blah. I am not taking my to him anymore as he is gonna further ruin things. Do you guys think my plugs are damaged now as I am pretty sure they are after being rotated against that Machine at least 4-5 times.
    Kindly enlighten me.

Irridium plugs can go as long as 100,000 KM.
    Cleaning a plug is an act of the past. Replace them at the required interval.
    Try fuel injector cleaner. I have been using 3M, Liqimoly and found them to be good. Ask Toyota 3S for Toyota fuel injector cleaner. Yes Toyota does sell their own Toyota branded fuel injector cleaner.
    WD40 is a lubricant as well as solvent but not volatile to be used for cleaning or washing spark plugs. This in nonsense. Replace the spark plugs at the earliest.
    Change engine oil to 5W30 grade oil. liquimoly, Mobil 1, shall all are good brands.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 1.3 (2SZ-FE) Removing catalytic converter Reviews

[QUOTE=imrananr;5105037]
    Quote Originally Posted by alihaidershah View Post
    AOA,

Kindly enlighten me.

Irridium plugs can go as long as 100,000 KM.
    Cleaning a plug is an act of the past. Replace them at the required interval.
    Try fuel injector cleaner. I have been using 3M, Liqimoly and found them to be good. Ask Toyota 3S for Toyota fuel injector cleaner. Yes Toyota does sell their own Toyota branded fuel injector cleaner.
    WD40 is a lubricant as well as solvent but not volatile to be used for cleaning or washing spark plugs. This in nonsense. Replace the spark plugs at the earliest.
    Change engine oil to 5W30 grade oil. liquimoly, Mobil 1, shall all are good brands.
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I am using Moly Green 5W30 will Genuine Oil filter. It's working great so far. . I think Spark plugs need to be replaced as my silly mechanic probably have destroyed them. I am definitely gonna try LiquiMoly Fuel Injector Cleaner.
    Can you kindly tell me after how many KMs do you use Injector cleaner in your car. Or how many weeks/days.

Looking forward for your reply. Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=alihaidershah;5105048]
    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I am using Moly Green 5W30 will Genuine Oil filter. It's working great so far. . I think Spark plugs need to be replaced as my silly mechanic probably have destroyed them. I am definitely gonna try LiquiMoly Fuel Injector Cleaner.
    Can you kindly tell me after how many KMs do you use Injector cleaner in your car. Or how many weeks/days.

Looking forward for your reply. Thanks!

Add fuel injector cleaner prior to engine oil change. Add fuel injector cleaner initially twice (with 2 tanks full.) once both the cleaners have been utilized ( two tanks of fuel used) stop using fuel injector cleaner and carry out an oil change. Note that the engine oil will become dirty because of usage of fuel injector cleaner. Hence, now prior to every oil change you can use injector cleaner once with tank full. (Every 5000 KM).

Permanent way to clean injectors is to carry out ultrasonic cleaning of injectors.

Note: if injector cleaner does not help, then you have to get the catalytic converter cleaned or replaced.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota 3S in Lahore are providing service on manual cleaning of fuel injectors. Check if they provide this in Islamabad or Pindi.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List