Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Plz Sort out my 1.3L Vitz 2007 Issues

Peaceful Ramadan to PW community,

I need experts opinion about the issues i am facing with a recently bought Vitz of mine 1300CC. the car was a self import of 2012 Dec by a reference and has ODO of 50000K at that time, the car hardly drove 12000 in Pak and remain parked and unattended as owner was abroad mostly. I am very certain based on my experience that ODO is genuine as car condition speaks for itself unlike mostly vitz i have seen have 150K ODO and spoiled by youngsters during my search for a nice car. Upon purchase i done following works

1. complete new fuel pump and fuel filter assembly, Genuine Toyota
    2. iridium spark plugs
    3. throttle body service and all sensor cleanups
    4. Cat converter service, infact complete exhaust flush out
    5. CVT oil change and Valve body service, Genuine Toyota CVT
    6. LiquiMoly fuel additives to clean fuel lines

NO CODE on scanner after above service

When car was bought, it drives very poor no pickup probably cat was chocked and or fuel pump was weak also, anyways I believe the above work should bring at least phenomenal change in drive and pickup but thats not the case, considering a hatchback with 1.3L and auto it should have decent pickup, i am not expecting 0-100 in 10 sec but a decent drive.

In reality the car survives till 40-60km in fact sometime a felt up and down in pickup, the engine or exhaust sounds louder till 100 however, at/above 100 it drives fine and sound went normal. Major problem i felt when i went for Damen-e-koh, it was horrible...For everybody info i kept and driving cars for last 35+ years and have fair knowledge of maintaining cars.

The mechanic is with me for last 10+ years and have decent experience

Kindly guide me where is problem as i have to travel to northern areas on this vehicle bought specially for this trip.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother you can go through my thread (for similar car) for the maintenance routine check. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vit...-hamd-u-lillah

I suspect that the culprit in your case is wrongly calibrated fuel pump. usually it never gets faulty and should not have been changed initially.

you also need to verify if the cat converter is good. it must not be removed.

Also check that you are using the right fuel and engine oil viscosity. Also just reset the ECU by removing the -ve terminal of the car for 5 minutes and observe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Brother you can go through my thread (for similar car) for the maintenance routine check. https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vit...-hamd-u-lillah

I suspect that the culprit in your case is wrongly calibrated fuel pump. usually it never gets faulty and should not have been changed initially.

you also need to verify if the cat converter is good. it must not be removed.

Also check that you are using the right fuel and engine oil viscosity. Also just reset the ECU by removing the -ve terminal of the car for 5 minutes and observe.
    Thanks bro...can you tell me place capable of doing this job, wanted to talk and shared my cell on PM, please leave yours

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

65 reviews and just one comment...common guys indulge with your expert opinions to fix this car before Eid as I have to travel to northern areas soon after the Eid IA,...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

weird
    u have already touched all the suspicious areas of the car
    b.t.w 1.3 vitz has a thrilling acceleration when floored (more then what you can call decent )

response is sluggish without AC even ?
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    weird
    b.t.w 1.3 vitz has a thrilling acceleration when floored (more then what you can call decent )

yes...without Aircon...it slowly moves towards 60....by the way i did check the engine compression and noted 170+ in all cylinders which seems healthy

Doesn't know what @Thinking comments "fuel pump calibration" really meant? no idea

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

weird

you always comes for rescue...i was told that vitz with CVT has gradual pick, i kept and drove City vario(Auto) for 3 years and it drives good especially when i put it in S mode it got a nice kick, it went aggressive in its own class, this is not the case i have experienced with Vitz, RPM does rise but there is no noticeable kick...with its weight to body ratio it should behave better than city.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA...just two feedbacks and 140+ review...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Discussed with a senior member here
    Seems like fuel injectors need cleaning
    Probably since car was parked to long n our fuel is extremely bad
    Might hv clogged them up
    Easy way to try is by adding liqui moly fuel injector cleaner bottle. U already hv a new pump n filter so its ruled out.
    Car mileage is low so ruling O2 sensor seems logical.
    U hv serviced maf sensor n complete exhaust so its ruled out
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all throttle body cleaning fuel injector clean are not remedy for anything air filter fuel filter are there for a reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Discussed with a senior member here
    Seems like fuel injectors need cleaning
    Probably since car was parked to long n our fuel is extremely bad
    Might hv clogged them up
    Easy way to try is by adding liqui moly fuel injector cleaner bottle. U already hv a new pump n filter so its ruled out.
    Car mileage is low so ruling O2 sensor seems logical.
    U hv serviced maf sensor n complete exhaust so its ruled out
    Thanks @hash4u...you always replied...for injector cleaning i was told that someone has now ultrasonic cleaning setup in gawalmandi which is a way better than fluid cleaning. planning to visit tomorrow.

right now gave a ECU reset as per @Thinking advice and I am very grateful that he called himself and discuss the issue and assured his support...TKS bro...Since i lived on 3rd floor so haven't went down yet to connect the -ive cable again to drive the car and give my feedback...will update for sure after Taraweeh prayers...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    First of all throttle body cleaning fuel injector clean are not remedy for anything air filter fuel filter are there for a reason
    The reason i changed fuel pump was becuz car took extreme long self after rest of couple of hours and sometime it won't start on first self, and sometime it creates missing...so culprit found was the whole plastic housing that holds filter and pump was broken, bought new one and the only thing left was pump so decided to change that as well, all cost 13000 for genuine parts....Air filter is clean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post

I need experts opinion about the issues i am facing with a recently bought Vitz of mine 1300CC. the car was a self import of 2012 Dec by a reference and has ODO of 50000K at that time, the car hardly drove 12000 in Pak and remain parked and unattended as owner was abroad mostly. I am very certain based on my experience that ODO is genuine as car condition speaks for itself unlike mostly vitz i have seen have 150K ODO and spoiled by youngsters during my search for a nice car. Upon purchase i done following works

2. iridium spark plugs

When car was bought, it drives very poor no pickup probably cat was chocked and or fuel pump was weak also, anyways I believe the above work should bring at least phenomenal change in drive and pickup but thats not the case, considering a hatchback with 1.3L and auto it should have decent pickup, i am not expecting 0-100 in 10 sec but a decent drive.

In reality the car survives till 40-60km in fact sometime a felt up and down in pickup, the engine or exhaust sounds louder till 100 however, at/above 100 it drives fine and sound went normal. Major problem i felt when i went for Damen-e-koh, it was horrible...For everybody info i kept and driving cars for last 35+ years and have fair knowledge of maintaining cars.

Kindly guide me where is problem as i have to travel to northern areas on this vehicle bought specially for this trip.
    From where did you get all of these services done? And what about cvt valve body servicing? Had they disassembled the whole valve body or just cleaned the pan strainer and called it valve body service.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2. iridium spark plugs

From where did you get all of these services done? And what about cvt valve body servicing? Had they disassembled the whole valve body or just cleaned the pan strainer and called it valve body service.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and how does a cat converter get serviced? yeh toh replace hota hai yeh toh service ho hee nae sakta! muje lagta hai keh choona lagaya hai toyota waloon ne tht they serviced the cat! and muje toh sara masla o2 sensor ka lag raha hai tht the o2 sensor needs to be replaced!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @hash4u...you always replied...for injector cleaning i was told that someone has now ultrasonic cleaning setup in gawalmandi which is a way better than fluid cleaning. planning to visit tomorrow.

right now gave a ECU reset as per @Thinking advice and I am very grateful that he called himself and discuss the issue and assured his support...TKS bro...Since i lived on 3rd floor so haven't went down yet to connect the -ive cable again to drive the car and give my feedback...will update for sure after Taraweeh prayers...
    no problem brother. we just need to be analytic and systematic about the recovery of the drive. i can assure u that soon it will purr like a kitten and will be a pleasure as it should be IA.

once you connect the terminals drive the car as per your usual routine with and without AC for a day or so.

we will pick up on the issues afterwards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    AoA Atta...i visited you once for my accord long time ago and you gave nice suggestions...I got CVT oil change and valve body service from my mechanic who is with me for last 10 years...but I feel that he has not done the job properly, right way is to check the oil pressure level which you brilliantly describe in your blog for valve body servicing and this can be only done with a proper scanner which my mechanic doesn't have and it where he lags to proper fine tuning the valve body...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    no problem brother. we just need to be analytic and systematic about the recovery of the drive. i can assure u that soon it will purr like a kitten and will be a pleasure as it should be IA.

once you connect the terminals drive the car as per your usual routine with and without AC for a day or so.

we will pick up on the issues afterwards.
    i trust your words and keeping my fingers crossed till all of you guys help me to bring her to top notch condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking @rajaatta @aamirq...I felt slight improvement in drive after ECU reset suggested by @Thinking,,,however, pickup still lags till 40-50km also RPM get stucked when i take U turns as it held up at 1000RPM and then with a minor jerk it releases to 700-800...

In principal Cat converters are unserviceable, but in Pak and also abroad they probably washed it out with a slight dilution of acid mixed with water to washed away carbon deposits, i saw this happening in person as lot of black carbon despot released from cat and another muffler in between the main exhaust...it did bring phenomenal change in drive compared to what when i had her....the rest of the steps were taken afterwards about which i was certain that those will bring phenomenal changes in drive BUT unfortunately that didn't happens.

I have another question that i bought toyota after the last one i got imported from UK back in 1988-89, most recently i had for two months toyota premio 1.5 from a friend of and that baby drive like a silk and most importantly fuel average was phenomenal as i recorded 17+ KM on GT roads and 12-13 in city drive with all time A/C. based on that historical data i was assuming that 1.3L vitz should easily touch 20KM due to body to weight ratio but after reading blogs on PW none of the 1.3L owner mentioned these milages...can someone tell why???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Thinking @rajaatta @aamirq...I felt slight improvement in drive after ECU reset suggested by @Thinking,,,however, pickup still lags till 40-50km also RPM get stucked when i take U turns as it held up at 1000RPM and then with a minor jerk it releases to 700-800...

In principal Cat converters are unserviceable, but in Pak and also abroad they probably washed it out with a slight dilution of acid mixed with water to washed away carbon deposits, i saw this happening in person as lot of black carbon despot released from cat and another muffler in between the main exhaust...it did bring phenomenal change in drive compared to what when i had her....the rest of the steps were taken afterwards about which i was certain that those will bring phenomenal changes in drive BUT unfortunately that didn't happens.

I have another question that i bought toyota after the last one i got imported from UK back in 1988-89, most recently i had for two months toyota premio 1.5 from a friend of and that baby drive like a silk and most importantly fuel average was phenomenal as i recorded 17+ KM on GT roads and 12-13 in city drive with all time A/C. based on that historical data i was assuming that 1.3L vitz should easily touch 20KM due to body to weight ratio but after reading blogs on PW none of the 1.3L owner mentioned these milages...can someone tell why???
    expected milage on normal petrol is 13-14 KM/Litre in the city. in case you pour in hi octane milage might improve. this is because that the 2SZ-FE is designed to work on 91 RON and this is why we usually face knocking issue in 1.3 Vitz. please remember that it is one of the highest compression naturally aspirated engines (11:1) where as the rest of similar 1.3/1.0 toyota and honda engines are (10:1).

so observe the car for today. will discuss next course of action tomorrow IA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List