Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Self Starts fine but at times Self becomes very weak

Dear Friends,
    I have Vitz 2012, import 2016. Car has done almost 28000 km. The problem I rarely face is that when I park the car and turn off the engine, it starts with a very weak self (like low battery Mehran) upon reatarting. Once it restarts with a weak self, I always turn it off and restart it to check the problem but it starts fine the very next time.
    It has the genuine dry battery installed.
    The problem has never arised on first time morning start so far, but it happens when I have driven it for a few kms and and parked somewhere like in market. Self just keeps dying upon restarting and it happens rarely, like twice or thrice a week only.

What might be the problem? Should I get battery checked? But battery problem usually arises on first start in morning which is not the case here.

Any suggestions/ recommensations???

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naeemawan View Post
    Dear Friends,
    I have Vitz 2012, import 2016. Car has done almost 28000 km. The problem I rarely face is that when I park the car and turn off the engine, it starts with a very weak self (like low battery Mehran) upon reatarting. Once it restarts with a weak self, I always turn it off and restart it to check the problem but it starts fine the very next time.
    It has the genuine dry battery installed.
    The problem has never arised on first time morning start so far, but it happens when I have driven it for a few kms and and parked somewhere like in market. Self just keeps dying upon restarting and it happens rarely, like twice or thrice a week only.

What might be the problem? Should I get battery checked? But battery problem usually arises on first start in morning which is not the case here.

Any suggestions/ recommensations???

Regards.
    clean terminals of battery and starter motor if not rectified then change brushes of starter motor and clean its commutator also......but most probably its problem of dirty terminals of starter motor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the advice.
    The rectification of the starter motor to be done by mechanic or electrictian?
    And in case brushes needs to be changed, how long will it take and if u can give an estimate of expense, it'll be great

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the advice.
    The rectification of the starter motor to be done by mechanic or electrictian?
    And in case brushes needs to be changed, how long will it take and if u can give an estimate of expense, it'll be great
    this is done by electrician......bushes need kharadia job which is 300-500 and 400 is electrician max

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mirza967 View Post
    this is done by electrician......bushes need kharadia job which is 300-500 and 400 is electrician max
    I got the starter motor cleaned today and car is working fine. As it ocassionally gave problem so I'll be sure if it works fine over a period of 1 week or so. The mechanic informwd that he has cleaned the starter motor and no kharadia job was needed.

I was charged ra. 2500/- for Throttle body service, Brake service & starter motor service.

I hope it works fine now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got the starter motor cleaned today and car is working fine. As it ocassionally gave problem so I'll be sure if it works fine over a period of 1 week or so. The mechanic informwd that he has cleaned the starter motor and no kharadia job was needed.

I was charged ra. 2500/- for Throttle body service, Brake service & starter motor service.

I hope it works fine now.
    yup.......inshaAllah

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List