2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Work in Shocks and Steering Box

I got Vitz 2006 model, it has been a while now that it is making some squeaking sort of noise while crossing over speed breakers and patches and also in idle condition when the steering is moved in left or right direction. The first time when I heard this noise I paid a visit to a mechanic and he applied grease in shocks and did some oiling around kenchi/bushes. It worked and sound disappeared but few months later that annoying sound started again and I did the same. Now it is the 3rd time I m facing this issue and this time the noise is much louder.

For a permanent solution, I went to a mechanic last weekend, he took a test drive and said following things.

- Axle is working fine, there is no problem in it.
    - Bushes / Keechi may have worn out. So it need to be replaced.
    - Steering Box is making a lot of noise, need to open and check and fix if there is anything wrong there.
    - Lastly, alignment will be done

For all the above work, he is asking 8,000. Is this fair amount ? or he is asking too much?

Kindly guide.
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Same problem I m facing with my vitz 2005 2nd generation
    when this noise (tuk tuk) appeared 6 months ago I went to mechanic,he changed the control arm bushings(chimtay k bush) and the noise vanished..after 2 months almost the same kind of sound appeared again but this time the sound comes even in idling condition when I rotate the steering assist...I went again he opened the whole steering assembly,both shocks were inspected and later the wheel alignment and wheel balancing was also done but still the noise comes ,,I m facing it's since 3 to 4 months....

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution
    @shaikhrulez in Karachi you need to visit abdul hameed & sons at saeed manzil Afzaal 0300 2116069 read this thread
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaikhrulez View Post
    I got Vitz 2006 model, it has been a while now that it is making some squeaking sort of noise while crossing over speed breakers and patches and also in idle condition when the steering is moved in left or right direction. The first time when I heard this noise I paid a visit to a mechanic and he applied grease in shocks and did some oiling around kenchi/bushes. It worked and sound disappeared but few months later that annoying sound started again and I did the same. Now it is the 3rd time I m facing this issue and this time the noise is much louder.

For a permanent solution, I went to a mechanic last weekend, he took a test drive and said following things.

- Axle is working fine, there is no problem in it.
    - Bushes / Keechi may have worn out. So it need to be replaced.
    - Steering Box is making a lot of noise, need to open and check and fix if there is anything wrong there.
    - Lastly, alignment will be done

For all the above work, he is asking 8,000. Is this fair amount ? or he is asking too much?

Kindly guide.
    Thanks.

The usual "Khach" sound over speed bumps is from Bushes. What happened to me was when I had them checked, the mechanic just moved or checked them and they came in their correct place and all sounds were gone, simple as that. Have you got your car serviced recently ?

Steering is EPS. There is a motor under the dashboard, just under the glove compartment. If it's faulty, you many need to replace it. Or there may just be something brushing against road. Opening Vitz Dashboard is no Joke so be carful, especially those hinges, they are weak.

Alignment is normal maintenance once or twice a year. Do not worry about it.

Bushes are costly. May be 800-1000rs a pair for local ones. But 8000Rs is a bit excessive. Get an idea from market.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List