6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP

The 1kr-fe manual says it has a MAP sensor {no MAF), does any one has a pic of it's location. I can read it's absolute preasure with the obd and a custom pid but would like to clean after 40k kms.

Would also like to service other sensors if possible

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you do wanna fry the Map by spraying the Carb cleaner amd bust its efficiency. Its better to replace it rather than servicing it. But only after 100 k or more.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No, I don't because they are very expensive in my country .. I use absolute ethenol on a very soft brush to clean sensors. It works on my A4, I clean them with care and the difference between a dirty and a clean sensor is seen in the km/liter

Thanks for replying

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    No, I don't because they are very expensive in my country .. I use absolute ethenol on a very soft brush to clean sensors. It works on my A4, I clean them with care and the difference between a dirty and a clean sensor is seen in the km/liter

Thanks for replying
    Great!, like your reply...
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    I think you do wanna fry the Map by spraying the Carb cleaner amd bust its efficiency. Its better to replace it rather than servicing it. But only after 100 k or more.
    Pic. With location is what has been requested..lets provide him

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The map sensor is located behind the throttle body. To access ut you had to remove the throttle body. And if you really want to service it get Maf/ map cleaner and spray it with that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, so I cleaned map, throttle body, pre cat o2, and other sensors, (post cat 02 isn't used in short term fuel correction {0xFF), after 44k without any maintenance on any sensor In the last 2 fuel tanks i was getting 14.30 km/ltr and 14.31 km/ltr. All in city with ac on. Will see how it goes after this maintenance but am noticing more accuracy/activity on the map and o2 sensors with air/fuel ratio almost stable (14.7) car fuel is RON98

Will post later on today when I refuel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, so I cleaned map, throttle body, pre cat o2, and other sensors, (post cat 02 isn't used in short term fuel correction {0xFF), after 44k without any maintenance on any sensor In the last 2 fuel tanks i was getting 14.30 km/ltr and 14.31 km/ltr. All in city with ac on. Will see how it goes after this maintenance but am noticing more accuracy/activity on the map and o2 sensors with air/fuel ratio almost stable (14.7) car fuel is RON98

Will post later on today when I refuel
    Did you say 98 Octane rated fuel? Which country are you from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Did you say 98 Octane rated fuel? Which country are you from?
    Yes, in malta we have just 2 types of 'petrol' unleaded ron95 and e-power ron98

Ron95 costs euro 1.28/ltr whilst ron98 costs euro 1.43/ltr.

Ron98 gives me 2.75 more kms/liter and a smoother ride so i've always used ron98 except for 2 fuel tanks for testing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, in malta we have just 2 types of 'petrol' unleaded ron95 and e-power ron98

Ron95 costs euro 1.28/ltr whilst ron98 costs euro 1.43/ltr.

Ron98 gives me 2.75 more kms/liter and a smoother ride so i've always used ron98 except for 2 fuel tanks for testing
    Great! We here in Pakistan have 87 to 90 and 95 Octane.

Have you imported the vehicle from Japan, I mean is it a JDM or is it Yaris for your local market sold in your country? Actually, all Toyota Vitz (Yaris) in Pakistan is imported from Japan (usually second hands) and we face serious issues with regards to low octane fuel which we have in our country and are left with no other choice but to use it. The Vitz JDM on the other hand runs better ( with out any knocking) on high octane fuel. Some people here don't buy this argument and stick to the regular RON87 fuel. Could you shed some light on this? And what is the minimum recommended fuel octane rating for Toyota Vitz? Also, it is to be noted here that we mostly have the 1.0 L version (3- cylinder) here in Pakistan with 1KR-FE engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great! We here in Pakistan have 87 to 90 and 95 Octane.

Have you imported the vehicle from Japan, I mean is it a JDM or is it Yaris for your local market sold in your country? Actually, all Toyota Vitz (Yaris) in Pakistan is imported from Japan (usually second hands) and we face serious issues with regards to low octane fuel which we have in our country and are left with no other choice but to use it.
    Yes, unfortunately i read a lot of topics in here regarding engine knock, poor/rough idle etc.. I also noted bad (very bad) suggestions to that problem such as remove cat and that it is a 3 cylinder engine so rough idle is normal etc.
    NO, rough idle is not normal in the 1kr-fe engine. It never happened to me in 40k i have been driving the car (car is now 44k) I trust only one professional mechanic in the world {his name is service manual} I have always serviced the car myself with toyota genuine parts. I replaced plugs and cvt oil at 40k, plugs were like new so i cleaned them in a plug cleaning machine, replaced their washer cos it can be used only one time and are ready for use at 80k, cvt oil was very dark, with few iron dust on the sump magnets so it was worthed replacing it and cvt feels more aggressive when driving) brake pads, and use shell helux 5W30 every 4k. Now i cleaned all sensors and that's it. For me it's just a hobby but i read a lot of how things work. If i ever need a mechanic i make it a point i will have to be there and we discuss what to test before he do the work. OBD makes life easy on the 1kr-fe
    Toyota spends milions of $$ in research and development and the 1kr-fe was awarded engine of the year under 1ltr for 4 (four) consecutive years and that was with a cat installed lol.

Yes my car is a Vitz 2009 Japan import I bought it while i was there from a friend. the car belonged to his father who died in a work accident. It's oddometer was reading 4227 kms. (the car was brand new, he even payd the jevic certificate. To show the oddometer readings were genuine i was present during the inspection and it was nice to see very expensive tools reading hidden ecu chips)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spiderman-17 can you share the link for the service manual?

And where can i find absolute ethanol in pak? Will a sensor cleaner work as good?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, unfortunately i read a lot of topics in here regarding engine knock, poor/rough idle etc.. I also noted bad (very bad) suggestions to that problem such as remove cat and that it is a 3 cylinder engine so rough idle is normal etc.
    NO, rough idle is not normal in the 1kr-fe engine. It never happened to me in 40k i have been driving the car (car is now 44k) I trust only one professional mechanic in the world {his name is service manual} I have always serviced the car myself with toyota genuine parts. I replaced plugs and cvt oil at 40k, plugs were like new so i cleaned them in a plug cleaning machine, replaced their washer cos it can be used only one time and are ready for use at 80k, cvt oil was very dark, with few iron dust on the sump magnets so it was worthed replacing it and cvt feels more aggressive when driving) brake pads, and use shell helux 5W30 every 4k. Now i cleaned all sensors and that's it. For me it's just a hobby but i read a lot of how things work. If i ever need a mechanic i make it a point i will have to be there and we discuss what to test before he do the work. OBD makes life easy on the 1kr-fe
    Toyota spends milions of $$ in research and development and the 1kr-fe was awarded engine of the year under 1ltr for 4 (four) consecutive years and that was with a cat installed lol.

Yes my car is a Vitz 2009 Japan import I bought it while i was there from a friend. the car belonged to his father who died in a work accident. It's oddometer was reading 4227 kms. (the car was brand new, he even payd the jevic certificate. To show the oddometer readings were genuine i was present during the inspection and it was nice to see very expensive tools reading hidden ecu chips)
    I appreciate your detailed reply and look forward to see you more on the PW forums. Since most of the maintenance jobs you carryout your self, we here at the forum can gain a lot of knowledge from you. Why not start a thread on Vitz maintenance issues and problem solving. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post

And where can i find absolute ethanol in pak? Will a sensor cleaner work as good?

I think you can get from companies that supply laboratory related consumables and equipment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you can get from companies that supply laboratory related consumables and equipment.
    ok. And the service manual?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok. And the service manual?

Sorr, I donot have a service manual. I run Vitz 2013 model.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorr, I donot have a service manual. I run Vitz 2013 model.
    No problem. I thought it was spiderman who replied. My bad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any good ( with good I mean it should leave no residue when it evaporate and should evaporate quickly) electronic or Sensor cleaner works fine but do not spray directly at close range on the sensor because you can easily damage it with pressure (and genuine parts are expensive) thats why I use a soft brush (sensors are by nature very complicated electronic devices)

I beleive in the principle that if it's not broken, then don't fix it. Sensors are not an owner's maintenance item. I serviced my car sensors after comparing full sensor logs in the past 30 days with a 30 day log of when I baught the car. I work as a software eng. In bios development so bits & bytes are my 2nd language. (I log all ecu activities daily and have gigs of data to compare.) will see if the data i compared was correct (keeping in mind that for me this is a hobby) when i refuel

Re: service manual I have to check how many mb it is when zipped and let you know (I have that of the 1kr-fe) so if your engine is different then this manual is useless for you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any good ( with good I mean it should leave no residue when it evaporate and should evaporate quickly) electronic or Sensor cleaner works fine but do not spray directly at close range on the sensor because you can easily damage it with pressure (and genuine parts are expensive) thats why I use a soft brush (sensors are by nature very complicated electronic devices)

I beleive in the principle that if it's not broken, then don't fix it. Sensors are not an owner's maintenance item. I serviced my car sensors after comparing full sensor logs in the past 30 days with a 30 day log of when I baught the car. I work as a software eng. In bios development so bits & bytes are my 2nd language. (I log all ecu activities daily and have gigs of data to compare.) will see if the data i compared was correct when i refuel

Re: service manual I have to check how many mb it is when zipped and let you know (I have that of the 1kr-fe) so if your engine is different then this manual is useless for you
    Thanks for detailed reply. Yes the engine is 1KR FE.

Acetone is used in brake cleaning and is fast drying and neutral pH. I also have WD 40 contact cleaner but first i will see if i can find ethanol or some equivalent.

So you love playing around with numbers. Which app do you use to log the sensor data? I have a bluetooth OBD2 scanner which i have paired with a tablet to display lots of gauges. I will upload pics after driving around. I'm using torque pro. Its fun to see live statistics and know how the car is running under different conditions or after some maintenance. Its new for me as i couldn't do this on the previous carburetor car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for detailed reply. Yes the engine is 1KR FE.

Acetone is used in brake cleaning and is fast drying and neutral pH. I also have WD 40 contact cleaner but first i will see if i can find ethanol or some equivalent.

So you love playing around with numbers. Which app do you use to log the sensor data? I have a bluetooth OBD2 scanner which i have paired with a tablet to display lots of gauges. I will upload pics after driving around. I'm using torque pro. Its fun to see live statistics and know how the car is running under different conditions or after some maintenance. Its new for me as i couldn't do this on the previous carburetor car.

DO NOT use wd-40 or you will kill your sensors wd-40 leaves residue (some sort of light thin oil and this will give very wrong reading (voltage flactuations), sorry to insist but if you have correct readings then DO NOT touch the sensors.

Torque pro does not connect to the car's ecu (checking model...) because it doesnt read ecu's (7e0) with <5 byte. (developer promised to impliment it in next release so fingers crossed) I think you must be using extended pids to read sensors (21xx)... I use it that way with protocol iso 15765-4 CAN and displaying all data on my car double din radio (f60dab)

Sorry but cannot post a pic right now, will try later

I wrote a tool to log all raw ecu (including abs and airbags) data then extract and parse what i need

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List