6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP

The 1kr-fe manual says it has a MAP sensor {no MAF), does any one has a pic of it's location. I can read it's absolute preasure with the obd and a custom pid but would like to clean after 40k kms.

Would also like to service other sensors if possible

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    DO NOT use wd-40 or you will kill your sensors wd-40 leaves residue (some sort of light thin oil and this will give very wrong reading (voltage flactuations), sorry to insist but if you have correct readings then DO NOT touch the sensors.

Torque pro does not connect to the car's ecu (checking model...) because it doesnt read ecu's (7e0) with <5 byte. (developer promised to impliment it in next release so fingers crossed) I think you must be using extended pids to read sensors (21xx)... I use it that way with protocol iso 15765-4 CAN and displaying all data on my car double din radio (f60dab)

Sorry but cannot post a pic right now, will try later

I wrote a tool to log all raw ecu (including abs and airbags) data then extract and parse what i need
    Dont worry, I won't ever use WD40. I was talking about this:

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP - 65193cee6e63a2c89b8162cb07ce6ecf

not sure about the extended pids but it works.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Dont worry, I won't ever use WD40. I was talking about this:

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP - 65193cee6e63a2c89b8162cb07ce6ecf

not sure about the extended pids but it works.

Sorry i tought you was refering to the good old wd-40, i never used the one you showed in the pic, try it on a piece of copper and on a piece of glass to see what residue it leaves

Is your car a jdm import?

What is your car's year of manufacture?

What protocol do you use in torque?

Do you use a custom init string?

If you don't use extended pids in torque then your car is obd2 compliant. Not like mine (jdm2009)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which sensors requires periodic cleaning or replacement after 40K, 60K or 80K...read somewhere that O2 sensor need replacement after 80K, here in Pak mechanic says unless there is no code or check light NO need to replace the sensors.

Since you are DIY type person, your step by step guide to clean the sensor would help majority of vitz owners or at least it will give an idea which and what sensor needs attention...

The 1kr-fe manual says it has a MAP sensor {no MAF), does any one has a pic of it's location. I can read it's absolute preasure with the obd and a custom pid but would like to clean after 40k kms.

Would also like to service other sensors if possible

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    Which sensors requires periodic cleaning or replacement after 40K, 60K or 80K...read somewhere that O2 sensor need replacement after 80K, here in Pak mechanic says unless there is no code or check light NO need to replace the sensors.

Since you are DIY type person, your step by step guide to clean the sensor would help majority of vitz owners or at least it will give an idea which and what sensor needs attention...
    There is no 40k 50k 60k etc for servicing sensors , I serviced (cleaned) mine on 40k because I saw some variations in logs, there were no error codes in the ecu. Cleaning the sensors was easy, I read where they were (on service manual ) took a day off from work (it was a 1 to 2 hour job but I like relaxing in the garage doing things easy) disconnected the negative cable from the battery, Removed the sensors,and clean them with a soft brush dipped in ethenol. I sprayed some wd-40 around the 02 sensors and let it penetrate around the thread to loosen rust generated by the high temp in the manifold/exaust. They had some thin carbon deposits on them which by time it affects acurate reading, but now they are like new. Note that when cleaning the o2 you never actually clean the sensor but the shield protecting it. When screwing them back in make sure you torque them correctly, (remember that since you disconnected the negative terminal you have reset the ecu) so when i start the car i like to idle for 30seconds then press the brake pedal for another 30 seconds and idle for another 30 seconds switching ac on to let ecu balance the idle rpm correctly around 730 rpm when engine is in optimal operating temp

I have also cleaned the electrical plugs where the sensors plug into (they were a bit corroded) and the fuse/relay box

Note: what i wrote above works perfectly for me after reading various trusted articles on my car but does not mean i am doing it correctly, so what every one does is doing it on his own risk. and sorry for my english

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry i tought you was refering to the good old wd-40, i never used the one you showed in the pic, try it on a piece of copper and on a piece of glass to see what residue it leaves

If you don't use extended pids in torque then your car is obd2 compliant. Not like mine (jdm2009)
    In my opinion Torque Pro App don't connect the car ECU of late 2nd gen vitz. I also have Toyota Vitz 2009 Model with 1KR-FE engine and my car ecu don't connect using Torque Pro App so i download another app which successfully connect with my car ECU and gives different readings and shows or clear trouble codes from ECU.

Can you share service manual because i also have Toyota Vitz 2009 Model with 1KR-FE engine?

This is the snapshot of my car ecu connected with an app which i m using currently

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP -1701319

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP -1701320

- RKBladeX
    If you found my response helpful!!. Don't forget to press like button

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
    In my opinion Torque Pro App don't connect the car ECU of late 2nd gen vitz. I also have Toyota Vitz 2009 Model with 1KR-FE engine and my car ecu don't connect using Torque Pro App so i download another app which successfully connect with my car ECU and gives different readings and shows or clear trouble codes from ECU.

Can you share service manual because i also have Toyota Vitz 2009 Model with 1KR-FE engine?

This is the snapshot of my car ecu connected with an app which i m using currently

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP -1701319

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP -1701320

- RKBladeX
    If you want to use torque pro you need extended pid csv file. The developer promised to fix partially the issue in this weeks release.

I noted your error you get in the pic above of the o2 sensor,(the one in the red box 99.22%) that is normal because your car does not calculate short term fuel on bank 1 sensor 2 (0xff)

To get full communication of elmscan SOFTWARE use toyota > 08+ engine to connect to ecu, not obd2, because your car uses iso 15765-4 CAN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, so today i filled 26.76 liters of ron98 after driving 427.7kms (in my country we have no freeways so it's always city driving of average 30 to 35 km/hr max speed was 70km with plenty of traffic) so 15.98 km/liter is not bad from 14.30 i use to get before cleaning sensors and TB. Driving with ac always on.

This is the 1st tank so to be more accurate another 4 tanks of 400+kms are needed so that i can compare, but am very satisfied with the job

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, so today i filled 26.76 liters of ron98 after driving 427.7kms (in my country we have no freeways so it's always city driving of average 30 to 35 km/hr max speed was 70km with plenty of traffic) so 15.98 km/liter is not bad from 14.30 i use to get before cleaning sensors and TB. Driving with ac always on.

This is the 1st tank so to be more accurate another 4 tanks of 400+kms are needed so that i can compare, but am very satisfied with the job
    Very good fuel consumption.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Very good fuel consumption.
    Yes, I got +/- the same consumption as when the car was in it's first 15k kms

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, I got +/- the same consumption as when the car was in it's first 15k kms
    Have you replaced the stock wheels (165/70 r14) to bigger ones or are you using the same?
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Have you replaced the stock wheels (165/70 r14) to bigger ones or are you using the same?
    Thats a very good question when it comes to fuel consumption and somthing which i forgot to mention

Yes the car is still with the factory (stock tyres) and beleive it or not, they are still pretty good after 44k, i run them on 33psi checks them when tyres are cold (i know the manual says 32) and i make sure to check them every 3 weeks or 1 month

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, its a JDM. 2011. I didn't do any changes in Torque app. I hope the following screen shots answer your question. In the third image, see top left.

Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP - b51a9cc333524bb1a1a814a13e1cd373Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP - 9f3903f8be088446d4edc08df207e451Toyota vitz 2009 MAF or MAP - d19db6ea52a4cd92a5ed28313a8a6cda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Yes, its a JDM. 2011. I didn't do any changes in Torque app. I hope the following screen shots answer your question. In the third image, see top left.
    you have a different ecu, I think a lot of the sensors in the pics are not working. torque pro is going to be updated this week and should start to see >5 byte ecu's (like yours and mine). in the meantime, do you know how to send AT Commands to the ecu using a terminal ? If yes, i can help you to monitor more important sensors

edit: which OBD Adaptor do you have ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey dear.. i have asked this question from many others but not find any accurate answer yet. Can u plz spare time to help...
    I have question please make it clear to me.
    I am a bachelor student.
    I was going to buy a 2nd gen vitz for myself
    When i asked mechanics and some of dealers which were friends of mine etc etc they all told me not to buy 2nd generation vitz. They said that nobody understands its repairing, its resale is a big problem, they are not gud in many ways from 1st gen. They all try to convince me for buying 1st gen vitz.. can u please tell me either these are truths or not?

Sent from my SM-N915G using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First, Try asking a REAL mechanic, that at least knows that the 2nd Gen engine {1kr-fe) was awarded the engine of the year (sub 1000cc) for 4 consecutive years.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First, Try asking a REAL mechanic, that at least knows that the 2nd Gen engine {1kr-fe) was awarded the engine of the year (sub 1000cc) for 4 consecutive years.
    Yh dear u r absolutely right but i m going to buy 1.3 because i need more power

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by armankhn View Post
    Yh dear u r absolutely right but i m going to buy 1.3 because i need more power

Second, posting the same question on 5 different topics (and always off subject) is not polite and can iritate other members

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Second, posting the same question on 5 different topics (and always off subject) is not polite and can iritate other members
    I knw i have posted it in many threads but i need some authentic answer which can help me out of this.. nd if u r being irritated by this so em sorry for this i dont tried to irritate some one but i only want to justify my question.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you have a different ecu, I think a lot of the sensors in the pics are not working. torque pro is going to be updated this week and should start to see >5 byte ecu's (like yours and mine). in the meantime, do you know how to send AT Commands to the ecu using a terminal ? If yes, i can help you to monitor more important sensors

edit: which OBD Adaptor do you have ?
    2nd and 3rd pic have same sensors. In the third pic, the scanner is scanning for OBD protocol.

I dont know how to send AT commands but maybe I can learn from google.

The adapter i have:
    Super Mini Bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 2016 New Diagnostic Scanner With Power Switch Works on Android Symbian Windows ELM 327
    http://s.aliexpress.com/FRZJZ7vu
    (from AliExpress Android)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few days back i was searching for a device and i found one that plugs in OBD port and locks doors when speed is above 10kph and unlocks when car turns off. I learnt that the locks are not hard wired rather the wiring/signal comes from a network(ecu i guess). So when the car is locked from remote, a signal is sent to all door locks which means that, that signal can be sent via OBD port to lock doors.

I want to know whether the windows and side mirrors are wired to this network so that on locking the car the windows are rolled up(if down) and side mirrors fold? But i read somewhere that a position sensor is needed to do that in windows. And maybe both of these are hardwired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List