Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reaper1111

Thread: 2008 Vitz Electrical Fault (smartkey problem)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy 2008 Vitz Electrical Fault (smartkey problem)

I have a 2nd Generation/2008 Vitz .... Has all the bells and whistles, Push Start, SmartKey Access, The car had a previous owner so dont really know the history of it.

Anyways car has some electrical faults, the least bothering problem. The interior accessory panel lights (the lights in the CD player/Ac controls), sometimes at night they don't light up as you turn on the headlamps as they should. Then when i fiddle with the light controls, toggle the light switches, the the panel lights up, plus when the lights are not working, the fog lamps also turn off.. (the fog lamps were installed by the previous owner, they are not factory fitted)

Now moving to the main problem , The car has Smart Key, the doors unlock when you touch the back of the door handle and lock upon pressing the button on the door handle. The system works flawlessly on the driver side door, The car unlocks and locks all 4 doors.

But on the passenger door, the door handle simple doesn't respond, it wont unlock the car nor will the car handle button lock it. The system doesn't work from the passenger door. Meanwhile the power windows and central locking does work on the passenger door.

When i got the car, The turning indicator in the left side mirror was also not working, I thought it would be a simple indicator replacement job. I removed the side mirror, Just out of curiosity i checked the turn signal directly on a 12 volt battery, the indicator was fine, The socket and wires all seem fresh and intact, there is no current in the socket where it should be to light up the indicator,
    Mirror adjustment works perfectly, the side mirror also auto closes, the issue is just with the turn signal.

I feel as though this issue and the proximity sensor issue is connected as they are both in the left door. Any help would be appreciated,

What can be the issue?2008 Vitz Electrical Fault (smartkey problem) - help
    Also can someone recommend me a good Mechanic/Electrition in lahore/gujranwala...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You really need to get your car checked by a good electrician. There seems to be some connection problems.

Anyways car has some electrical faults, the least bothering problem. The interior accessory panel lights (the lights in the CD player/Ac controls), sometimes at night they don't light up as you turn on the headlamps as they should. Then when i fiddle with the light controls, toggle the light switches, the the panel lights up, plus when the lights are not working,
    I had this similar issue with my car, started happening randomly at first and then it went kaput for good. The problem was carbon build up between the connections in the steering wheel panel. Had to get it opened up completely to the very bare bone of the steering. It took about 45mins to crack the steering wheel open just to wipe away carbon which took less than 10mins (YAY JAP ENGINEERING!!) And since then it has been working perfectly fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reaper1111 View Post
    You really need to get your car checked by a good electrician. There seems to be some connection problems.

I had this similar issue with my car, started happening randomly at first and then it went kaput for good. The problem was carbon build up between the connections in the steering wheel panel. Had to get it opened up completely to the very bare bone of the steering. It took about 45mins to crack the steering wheel open just to wipe away carbon which took less than 10mins (YAY JAP ENGINEERING!!) And since then it has been working perfectly fine.
    Interesting!! I'll check it out before it gets worse... Can you please elaborate a bit more, where exactly was the carbon buildup, did you just have to open up the steering wheel or the steering column as well? I need some pointers as i'll be trying this out myself..... Thankyou...

Plus if anyone could recommend me a good electrician in lahore, that would be great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moatasimnaveed View Post
    Interesting!! I'll check it out before it gets worse... Can you please elaborate a bit more, where exactly was the carbon buildup, did you just have to open up the steering wheel or the steering column as well? I need some pointers as i'll be trying this out myself..... Thankyou...

Plus if anyone could recommend me a good electrician in lahore, that would be great.
    The electrician had to remove the steering wheel (not the entire column) to take out that lever used for the lights, the carbon was on the connector pins which where on the lever. I'd suggest getting this done from some mechanic as it is a fairly common problem and it costed me 350 rs only to get the job done.

Wish I could send you to the place I got it fixed from, but I am from KHI.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No suggestions guys?
    The problem is very annoying, Kindly suggest a reliable electrician in lahore.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List