Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help in buying Toyota Vitz

Hi!

I live in Abbottabad and planning to buy Toyota Vitz. I have few concern in mind if you can help me with that.

As Abbottabad/Maneshra and places further and Galiyat side is hilly places. Driving automatic car will not provide you the best like you get in manual car. Specially when they say that use lower gear while going up and coming down. Not sure if there is some option in Vitz as if coming down it will speed as you are coming down so its not good to use to much brake as it will heat up the brake.

Second about spare parts. Now in Abbottabad there is Toyota centre but how much is the spare cost difference in comparision with suzuki and the availability of spare parts in small market like Abbottabad.

Will there any price difference if you buy car from Karachi as its a big market in comparision with Abbottabad.

I read that to buy imported car just check the Grade report (some similar report ) and it should be 4.5. Also read that still look for more as ppl import the cars and repair them in Karachi. So if the report says its good class still we have to look for exterior that its not repaired and also engine and gear box.

The main concern in automatic car is gear box. How we should look for it before buying.

I guess I have asked too much and may ask more but if you guys can help .

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn1980 View Post
    Hi!

I live in Abbottabad and planning to buy Toyota Vitz. I have few concern in mind if you can help me with that.

As Abbottabad/Maneshra and places further and Galiyat side is hilly places. Driving automatic car will not provide you the best like you get in manual car. Specially when they say that use lower gear while going up and coming down. Not sure if there is some option in Vitz as if coming down it will speed as you are coming down so its not good to use to much brake as it will heat up the brake.

Second about spare parts. Now in Abbottabad there is Toyota centre but how much is the spare cost difference in comparision with suzuki and the availability of spare parts in small market like Abbottabad.

Will there any price difference if you buy car from Karachi as its a big market in comparision with Abbottabad.

I read that to buy imported car just check the Grade report (some similar report ) and it should be 4.5. Also read that still look for more as ppl import the cars and repair them in Karachi. So if the report says its good class still we have to look for exterior that its not repaired and also engine and gear box.

The main concern in automatic car is gear box. How we should look for it before buying.

Thanks
    Vitz is not a good choice for hilly areas specially 1.0 engine. I own one and i am not at all satisfied with it as i live in islamabad and it struggles sometimes even in islamabad slopes.

Spare parts are available pretty easily now a days in every major city, i am not sure about abbotabad but if we talk about multan, lahore, rawalpindi, peshawar, swat etc, no issue at all. 3s parts are almost double triple the rate of local market.

It won't make a huge difference, you will encouter freight charges etc. try buying local car instead

Auction sheet 4 or 4.5 is considered best.. But they are usually expensive.. It's entirely your decision. But of course getting a 4 4.5 5 grade car is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for brand new wagonR vxl pkdm and enjoy for five years. Excellent performance good pick and comfortable drive with superb economy.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_umairr View Post
    Vitz is not a good choice for hilly areas specially 1.0 engine. I own one and i am not at all satisfied with it as i live in islamabad and it struggles sometimes even in islamabad slopes.

Spare parts are available pretty easily now a days in every major city, i am not sure about abbotabad but if we talk about multan, lahore, rawalpindi, peshawar, swat etc, no issue at all. 3s parts are almost double triple the rate of local market.

It won't make a huge difference, you will encouter freight charges etc. try buying local car instead

Auction sheet 4 or 4.5 is considered best.. But they are usually expensive.. It's entirely your decision. But of course getting a 4 4.5 5 grade car is awesome!

With automatic transmission, use 'S' mode for climbing uphill.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all for your comments.

One more reason to go for automatic car is that my parents will use it and they are old and driving manual car in high traffic is becoming really pain full.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    With automatic transmission, use 'S' mode for climbing uphill.
    Lol. Tried all local "totkay" of driving in hilly areas, gear put on S, lowering down all the windows and ac being switched off.. All in vain!

Vitz torque isn't at all good. It will always be a trouble driving it in the hilly areas no matter what anyone says

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol. Tried all local "totkay" of driving in hilly areas, gear put on S, lowering down all the windows and ac being switched off.. All in vain!

Vitz torque isn't at all good. It will always be a trouble driving it in the hilly areas no matter what anyone says

Perhaps your car in not in a good shape.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I won't agree with you for that. It's in perfect shape with regular maintenance throughout Toyota 3S.
    Issue isn't about the shape. Vitz 2nd Gen engines are fuel efficient agreed but they lack the torque for any hilly area. Either be Jehlum or Murree. They run great in lahore,multan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use B for hill climbs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz 2013.. 60 K ODO... 15 K driven here in pk. 1 L no issue with climbing murree...muzaffarabad with 3 4 people on board in D mode..it becomes more responsive in S.... may be your car has some issue... I use express way or old murree route and no issue at at...

Sent from my SM-A510F using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I won't agree with you for that. It's in perfect shape with regular maintenance throughout Toyota 3S.
    Issue isn't about the shape. Vitz 2nd Gen engines are fuel efficient agreed but they lack the torque for any hilly area. Either be Jehlum or Murree. They run great in lahore,multan
    I have traveled on my vitz to many hilly areas.. but never faced any problem. Even climbing on D.. but most of time S.
    may be living in such areas and daily traveling give problem and pain full for the user.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faizanali View Post
    I have traveled on my vitz to many hilly areas.. but never faced any problem. Even climbing on D.. but most of time S.
    may be living in such areas and daily traveling give problem and pain full for the user.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using PW Forums mobile app
    Perhaps that's right. Because i live in dha islamabad and its all hilly 😁 i feel like my car loses it's power. Even toyota guys were not able to track the issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nawan885 View Post
    my vitz 2013.. 60 K ODO... 15 K driven here in pk. 1 L no issue with climbing murree...muzaffarabad with 3 4 people on board in D mode..it becomes more responsive in S.... may be your car has some issue... I use express way or old murree route and no issue at at...

Sir I am not sure but i guess 3rd gen vitz is much better than 2nd one. 2nd gen vitz lags power

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whats the difference between 2nd and 3rd generation.

Sorry I have to ask because I dont have much info about it.

Also revising my old comments that there is no option for automatic car other that vitz. I know imported suzuki but I have seen that Vitz are more in numbers and perhaps this is because they are good.

For me suzuki alto 2009/2010 is the best option as its small and easy for my parents to drive but I only fear for too much use of clutch can lead to discomfort and making decision becomes hard for old person. Specially when you have one small road used by all local traffic, High way traffic and all tourist traffic.

No more good old days of less traffic in city of Abbottabad .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a 3rd gen Toyota Vitz and I've been to Murree on it with 4 people on board and luggage enough to fully fill the trunk, it has been a very nice experience with vitz tbh. With it's plenty of turning radius slopes are a very easy task it easily turns and requires very less area as I compared them to corolla and civic. Coming on the power problems yes it does lack at "very very" steep slopes (Jhika gali to be precise the sloppy road which ends at the governer house over even 1.8 litres grande and civic standstill while their front wheels the on burnout mode) other than that from lahore including salt mines, kashmir highway, murree expresss way, (in murree) from kashmir point to mall daily cominy up and down it was a very good experience did not do any power loss at all. On the minor slopes it climbed easily on D but at times when the momentum was broken due to a traffic jam or another car coming from the opposite side the S mode was a life saver, it gave an ultimate power boost (even though its 1.0l but still I was impressed). Talking about thr B mode that is for engine braking what I have experienced till now while going down slope from murree all the way to the salt mines it helped the transmission to brake for you and gives some rest to the brakes to some extend. Luckily my vitz has a traction control (maybe it comes as a basic on 2015 onwards models) so while climbing slopes and also turning the wheels at a mor at jhika gali the traction control did engage. 50% of the car performance on hills also depend on the driver the techniques of using the accelerator helps a lot (in my case yes it does) Overall I think vitz is a good option but i have not seen Abbottabad or it's roads so before buying it you can test drive one. The cars imported from japan come with an auction sheet which has all the details of the car from a little scratch to a dent and the car milage too, 4, 4.5 and 5 grades are the best for a neat and clean ride 5 being the best before S grade which is for the car which is 0 meter in desi terms. Even though i don't have enough experience but try getting your car self imported the cars in the market are 80% repaired in Pakistan and with tempered auction sheets (almost all of them jail road market lahore). JDM imports and mycar.pk are very good dealers in my knowledge they first show you the car available in auction and then they book it for shipment but they are in lahore. Anyways good luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capricorn1980
    go for wagon r stingray or other JDM. as wagon r is now quite popular. alto is also good.. but try to get latest less used car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whats the difference between 2nd and 3rd generation.

Sorry I have to ask because I dont have much info about it.

Also revising my old comments that there is no option for automatic car other that vitz. I know imported suzuki but I have seen that Vitz are more in numbers and perhaps this is because they are good.

For me suzuki alto 2009/2010 is the best option as its small and easy for my parents to drive but I only fear for too much use of clutch can lead to discomfort and making decision becomes hard for old person. Specially when you have one small road used by all local traffic, High way traffic and all tourist traffic.

No more good old days of less traffic in city of Abbottabad .

Model of Vitz from 99 to 2004 are first generation vitz, 2005- 2010 are 2nd gen and onwards are 3rd engine.
    There are differences in specs, engine and few other things.

You can opt for swift dlx automatic. A little used one. powerful engine of 1300 cc is a good option.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi!

Thanks
    Brother you can use Lower gears on slopes but as another member said he has issues in Islamabad so i think you can buy a good 4 or 4.5 Grade Vitz 1.0 L & swap in a 1.3 L Engine & have a win - win situation at the cost of around 60K

You can do the same with a Passo

since both cars use the same engines

wassalaam
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List