Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

DEAR MEMBERS I BOUGHT VITZ 2003 FOR RS 660000/ FULL OPTION SCRATCHLESS 13000KM DRIVEN FRESH IMPORT AFTER READING ALOT ABOUT VITZ ON OUR FORUMS,THE CAR IS GOOD ,SPACIOUS,ALOT OF FEATURES, I FILLED THE TANK AND IT GAVE ME AVERAGE OF 9KM/LTR,WHICH IS NOT AFFORDABLE BY ALL MEANS,I CONSULTED 6-7 GOOD CNG CONVERSION CENTRES EVERY BODY SAID DONT CONVERT ITON CNG U WILL HAVE BAD EXPERIENCE,I DID NOT TRUSTED THEM AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON A FRIENDS CNG STATION 2 CHEK THE VITZ CNG EXPERIENCE FROM THE OWNERS I INTERVIEWD ABT 10-12 PPL AND BELIEVE U ME EVERY BODY SAID ITS A PAIN IN NECK,THEN I WENT 2 SPARE PARTS SHOPS & I WAS SHOCKED ABOUT THE PRICES OF BODY PARTS ITS AS EXPENCIVE AS MERC & AVAILIBILTY IS A BIG QUESTION MARK,FINALLY I SOLD THE SAID CAR IN RS10000/ LOSS AFTER DRIVING IT 500KM,IN MY VIEWS LOCAL CARS IN ALL CATEGORIES R MUCH BETTER LIKE CULTUS, ALTO ETC TELL ME IF U R GOING FROM RWP 2 LHR & UR CAR HAS SOME PROBLEM AT JEHLUM,KHARIAN OR ANY SMALL TOWN WILL U ABLE 2 FIND HI TEC MECHANIC OR ENGINE PARTS, SO MY ADVICE IS BUY LOCAL CARS THEY R MUCH BETTER & MEMBERS SHOULD NOT MISGUIDE THE NEW BUYERS.I CONCLUDE BY SAYING,
    "HUR CHUMKTI HUI CHEEZ SONA NAHIN HOTEE"

(closed by admin/mods - infinite arguments, points both for and against have been made)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@JAAN99

I donot say that VITZ is a BAD car.

Vitz is a wonderful car. I agree.

Vitz is a very comfortable car. Even better than Corolla SE-SALOON.

But my point is it is not as economical as JOY and SANTRO.

And also maintainence cost is another HEADACHE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like Usman4u is a Vitz hater.

First get your facts straight on the pricing.

VTI Oriel 2000 will cost you around 5.75-6 (jus checked YESTERDAY)

For same price you get a Vitz 2003

The Vitz comes with same or more options as the Civic (airbag)

The Vitz DOES NOT give 9km/l ...

And Honda parts are WAY more expensive than a Vitz.

If you screw up your car and never change oil and do nothing its supposed to go that bad.

Why dont you look at people claiming 15km/l or more ? WHY ?

Tell me how its not as economical ? If you get an EFi CNG kit than running a Vitz manual on CNG will be a breeze. CNG runs fine on a 1.8L VVTi (Altis) ... there is no reason it cant run fine on a 1.0 VVTi (Vitz). Its the persons fault he doenst invest in a proper EFi CNG kit to begin with.

Santro fully loaded new costs you a stupidly high 7lakhs with CNG. And the Santro is not even CLOSE to the Vitz in build quality, options, comfort ... or anything for that matter.

Ask your two friends when do they change oil. Have they had their throttle bodies serviced after buying ? Filters changed ? And do they not always gun the throttle ?

Cleaning the throttle body helps alot, my City gave me an average of 9.5 on A/C in one tank, the next fell to 8.5 ... throttle body service jumped it up to 11.

Stop posting without proper knowledge .... if you want to know the mileage of the Vitz and Civic or any other car. Simply go and search for Estimated Mileage given by car manufacturers.

@ZWK35

Sir jee ... you should have used some logic as to how a 3 year old car can be run O-N-L-Y 13000KM
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsan1702

U know nothin MAN. I like VITZ very much more then any other car under 1000 CC.

But this is TRUTH, in pakistan there r many factors involve which includes PRICING, MAINTAINENCE.

First get your facts straight on the pricing
    Yea man, in our family people buy VITZ for 7.5-7.75 lack as they can buy 2000 VTi Oriel at this price.

The Vitz DOES NOT give 9km/l ...
    The AUTOMATIC VITZ does gives u 9 km per liter. Ask any owner.

The maintainence cost of VITZ is more than or parallel to CiViC. U can check the price of front and rear bumpers.

Also Vitz AUTOMATIC has no peformance on CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsan1702

And if VITZ can give 11km / liter.

Then again it is not good.

WHY ???

I was comparing 2000 VTi Oriel milage with VITZ.

Its like 1.6L vs 1.0L

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Compare the VITZ wrt ECONOMY with 1.0L car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman
    u are cent percent right about the civic.
    my civic gives more milage even than my santro.
    yar a person can get a civic for low price in karachi.

but here in the punjab and isb civic has some value.

karachi 3 civic here has very less resale.( most of them are rusted from underneath)

as vitz is concerned

no comments
    Past cant be brought back ..but future can be made even better than the Past..if one wants to.. ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I have a vitz for the last 1 year or so and here is my experience

1. Its the best car in 1000 cc cat and better than 1300 cc cars we have here. The drive can be easily compared with top level local civics we have in Pak.

2. Average I get in terrible Karachi traffic with a lot of short hops is 13-14 Km/litres with AC on (quite conservative figure!)Without AC, it goes to 15+ KM/Litres. Highway mileag e is around 19-20 + Km/litres. PPL who get less mileage et their throttle bodies cleaned and use a mixture of super and Hi-Octane petrol. It is more cheaper because of the extra mileage you get.

3. My friend has a vitz auto on CNG for last 7 months. Got
    it installed for 32,000 from karachi. Runs great, and no problems. I have driven his car a lot and can give you an honest comparison

4. Parts of vitz (although to be searched to get one) are cheaper than honda here.Of course if you go to toyota dealer and ask for parts, surely they will charge you 5 to 6 times!.

5. THe only maintenance I did on my vitz was a change of oil and filter, fan belt, plugs and airfilter (total cost about Rs 2000). Got the throttle body cleaned. Mechanics are at ease with vitz engine because it resembles the other toyota engines we have here.

6. My advice to guys going to buy these cars is that please do go ahead and buy, because these cars are zillion times better than local cars, but please get the cars checked from reliable mecahnics, And if you want to fit CNG, do it from reliable and experienced fitters, CNG is working great on many Vitz, so I see only faulty fitters here.

Deloy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look i've already posted some parts prices here so why not compare them to other cars.

as for the economy i just checked my vitz and it gave me a average of 14 (and yes it's auto)

If you don't like the vitz i'd suggest you don't post here and stay happy with whatever you are driving. this isn't a debate. it's so stupid to hear people comparing a vitz to a rolla and civic, it's a 100cc car with everythign you could ask for,... instead of arguing here perhaps you should go and ask hyundai and suzuki to offer the same options on ther products and then see what fuel economy thse cars will give with all the added extra weight?!?!

Serously reading some of the replies on this site,... it's about as fun as banging my head on a brick wall!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@STROM

U r getting very good milage man.

Don't take so seriously, i m explaining just a fact.

After driving VITZ especially manual VITZ, anyone don't want to drive even a 1.3L car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    it's not that i mind any of the posts but i just found the civic comparrison a little off. otherwise it's all good buddy (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz aur 9km/L ? never
    it should be 19km/L yaar .. my bro in law have Vitz 2002 A/T
    and doing exectly 19km/L highway and above 15 km/L in city WITH AC man .. iss average per CNG koun kerwaregaaaa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yea man, in our family people buy VITZ for 7.5-7.75 lack as they can buy 2000 VTi Oriel at this price.

And the year of manufacture of the Vitz ? The VTi Oriel 2000 can be obtained for 5,75,000. I just had one checked yesterday ... very clean company mantained.

As for the price difference, Id rather be safe in properly made car instead of totally crap Made in Pakistan tin box.

And like I said, what about the more options in the Vitz compared to the VTi Oriel ?

The AUTOMATIC VITZ does gives u 9 km per liter. Ask any owner.

The maintainence cost of VITZ is more than or parallel to CiViC. U can check the price of front and rear bumpers.

No it doenst, you can see people have already told you about it right here. 3 owners saying 14 approx average, or 15+ w/o A/C.

As for parts ... get Japanese parts for the Honda and similarly Japanese parts for the Vitz. The Honda will be more costly. I help quite a few mates mantain their cars so I have an idea on the price.

And if VITZ can give 11km / liter.

Then again it is not good.

It gives 15.

The VTi gives around 10 on A/C all the time.

Also Vitz AUTOMATIC has no peformance on CNG.

Automatics are never good on CNG. A Prosmatec wont be good either ... infact, Honda voids warranty if you install CNG.

Compare the VITZ wrt ECONOMY with 1.0L car.

Used to have a Mehran and used to ride alot in a friends Khyber. Both gave around 14KM/L average (no A/C most of the time). Other cars give the same

Vitz gives 14-15 as claimed by owners right here. And the Vitz is WAY better than any of the 1000cc cars available here.

End of story.
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

opefully this thread doesn't spiral out of control,... or it will be closed (that's the job for the mods)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@strom

U r rite.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ppl who say autos' do not perform well on CNG need to get their facts straighten up..it's just a misconception dats all..ive my 1000cc echo on CNG with lamda control and like i mentioned earlier u do not feel power loss at all...it's so amazing that sometimes its scary lol....this 1.0L 70hp engine frm toyota is indeed one maserpiece, makes me feel like im driving a 1.3/1.5L auto..

regards
    JDM Toyota Premio 2008, JDM civic 2006 2.0L i-vtec, JDM corolla X 1.3L vvt-i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For small cars u should consider only Suzuki. Suzuki is expert in small and fuel-efficient cars. I advice u to go for Suzuki Kei (japan assembled) it will give u good average as well as good comfort.

Just think why japs are exporting too much vitz/platz/duet, because these cars are not much successful in Japan so they export it after little. Have u ever looked a Suzuki WagonR on the road???? No. Because its a highly successful cars in japan, WagonR has been best selling car in Japan for more than 7 years.
    HONDA the power of TOYOTA's dreams...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shqasmi

buddy Japs are not exporting these cars, they are used cars auctioned in Japan and bought by importers (mostly from Pakistan) to import here. Japs have nothing to do in it.

I guess you have no idea about the history of Toyota Vitz/Platz (aka Yaris/Echo in europe,middleeast and US etc)
    It was car of the year in Europe in 2000, followed by getting the same honors in Japan. In japan and europe, it is one of the best selling cars due to options available, low price,good milege and classic Jap toyota reliability. It has a Europe NCAP safety rating of 4 stars. The newer 2005 onwards Vitz has 5 star rating. WagonR doesnt even come in the same category, nobody imports it because ppl know they wont sell most of them.

Regards
    Deloy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as long as you are talking about the wagon R i'll agree with you but if you bring local suzukis into this discussion it'll raise hell.

Also the vitz/yaris etc were HUGE sucesses throughout the world. you should chek the sales figures before quoting rubbish

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shqasmi
    oh babu! just dont start bull sh*tting here if u dont know nothing..... first grow up a little and then come here... now go and play with the children of ur age.

agree with deloy and storm.

(edited by admin/mods - language)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm
    thnx for the price list

@ ahsan1702
    usman is from pindi, prices varies here alot as compared to karachi or lahore market.

cheers
    Alpha Romeo 156

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List