Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

DEAR MEMBERS I BOUGHT VITZ 2003 FOR RS 660000/ FULL OPTION SCRATCHLESS 13000KM DRIVEN FRESH IMPORT AFTER READING ALOT ABOUT VITZ ON OUR FORUMS,THE CAR IS GOOD ,SPACIOUS,ALOT OF FEATURES, I FILLED THE TANK AND IT GAVE ME AVERAGE OF 9KM/LTR,WHICH IS NOT AFFORDABLE BY ALL MEANS,I CONSULTED 6-7 GOOD CNG CONVERSION CENTRES EVERY BODY SAID DONT CONVERT ITON CNG U WILL HAVE BAD EXPERIENCE,I DID NOT TRUSTED THEM AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON A FRIENDS CNG STATION 2 CHEK THE VITZ CNG EXPERIENCE FROM THE OWNERS I INTERVIEWD ABT 10-12 PPL AND BELIEVE U ME EVERY BODY SAID ITS A PAIN IN NECK,THEN I WENT 2 SPARE PARTS SHOPS & I WAS SHOCKED ABOUT THE PRICES OF BODY PARTS ITS AS EXPENCIVE AS MERC & AVAILIBILTY IS A BIG QUESTION MARK,FINALLY I SOLD THE SAID CAR IN RS10000/ LOSS AFTER DRIVING IT 500KM,IN MY VIEWS LOCAL CARS IN ALL CATEGORIES R MUCH BETTER LIKE CULTUS, ALTO ETC TELL ME IF U R GOING FROM RWP 2 LHR & UR CAR HAS SOME PROBLEM AT JEHLUM,KHARIAN OR ANY SMALL TOWN WILL U ABLE 2 FIND HI TEC MECHANIC OR ENGINE PARTS, SO MY ADVICE IS BUY LOCAL CARS THEY R MUCH BETTER & MEMBERS SHOULD NOT MISGUIDE THE NEW BUYERS.I CONCLUDE BY SAYING,
    "HUR CHUMKTI HUI CHEEZ SONA NAHIN HOTEE"

(closed by admin/mods - infinite arguments, points both for and against have been made)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DEER MEMBERS I STILL BELIEVE THAT ANY PAKISTANI ASSEMBLED CAR IS MUCH BETTER THAN IMPORTED, AS I EARLIER SAID IF U R GOING ON GT ROAD & NEEDS MECHANICAL PARTS & ASSISTANCE CAN U FIND OUT ANY THING 4 VITZ NO SIR, CAR IS NOT ONLY MADE & V R NOT SO RICH 2 HAVE DIFFERENT CARS FOR LONG ROUTE & CITY,IF ANY BODY DOESNT AGREE ITS HIS CHOICE BUT ITS A FACT VITZ IS A BIG FAILIUR.SEE THE PRIZES R DROPING ON DAILY BASIS EVEN MINI PAJERO'S PRICE IN 2005 WAS AROUND 5-6LACS FOR 96-98 MODEL THE CURRENT PRICE IS AROUND 3.50--4LACS FOR SAME MODEL, WHY????? COZ PPL INITIALLY BOUGHT THESE CARS WITHOUT REALIZING THE PROBLEMS & WHEN THE PROBLEMS CAME THEY HAD PARTS & MECHANIC ISSUE, EVEN "TSONAMI" FACED CARS SPECIALLY VITZ R HERE WITH RUST AND OTHER PROBLEMS.SO PLZ BE PAKISTANI & BUY PAKISTANI.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As has been pointed out a lot many times that its only your mindset. If you are on GT road and going somewhere, a good condition Vitz is a million times less likely to breakdown than crap local cars, so that point is again not on relative terms. Someone wants to buy local and someone wants to buy imported, but its a hands down fact that local cars are a bunch of crap and some ppl like me would never believe in value for money for thoso cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DELOY, CAN U TELL ME IF U R STRUK UP ON GT ROAD ON VITZ WITH FAMILLY WT U WIL DO?I M NOT TALKING ABOUT NEW JAPANEESE CARS V R DISSCUSSING USED JAPNEESE JUNK WHICH MOSTLY R TSUNAMI EFFECTED,AND TELL ME Y THEESE CARS R LOOSING MARKET ON DAILY BASIS??????????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zwk35
    Pls stop using caps, as that means shouting and is considered to be rude on forums, Thank you!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont buy junk, buy a good grade used Jap vehicle and get it inspected before you buy, than you will never stop on GT road. If you buy accidenterde, repaired,overhauled Imported cars, than obviously you are at loss. The price of imported cars has fallen because of several factors, and not because of quality of imported cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And lemme add, the export system of Japan is such that unsafe used cars cannot be exported, used cars are inspected as graded accordingly so buyer has an idea, it is mostly the accidented and reapired cars which are exported to other places, repaired and resold here with fabricated jap export certificates and Auction sheets, poor buyer suffers and has to get rid of his faulty car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok I tell you, the only factor of falling prices is the spares availability and once u get stuck in some trouble then quality consciousness blow like gas from a soda's bottle.. phuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrh! would have opened his head who has allowed import of all that vitz, pitz, and sh*tz..

(edited by admin /mods - language - WARNING)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK lets put it this way, those of you who don't like the vitz have made your points clear to all of us, but can us fools who actually own one keep our cars or should we sell them because you are all saying so,... and should all the super rich pakistanis who have ferraris, rolls royces and BMWs sell them too since they might break down on GT road and the local mechanics won't be able to fix them??? same applies for the altis and New civic, those cars are WAY more high tech than the vitz,.. does that mean we should not buy them either? Obviously YES according to some arguments,.. which would render those same arguments null and void....

(N)

Seriously guys, i don't buy a car dependng on what level of skill the local mechanics have, afterall they have little to no skill (BTW most of them can't fix Vtec or VVTi engines anyway - which are available in local cars)

we should force these "mechanics/ustaads" to improve their skills otherwise it'll be the year 3000 and the world will be using floating cars whilst all of us will be cruising around in mehrans and 2.0D's because the mechanics can't fix newer technology on GT road!

Hope you get my point, i'm not here to fight i'm here to discuss (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as VVTi and VTEC troubles go ... these matter with your valves and camshafts. If you get these valves and camshafts ruined in ANY car ... you are looking at hours of work, probably a head replacment.

ECU troubles also need a computer nearby to diagnose the problem. Which local mechanics dont have ... one of my usual mechanics called up Toyota guys who came and fixed my Honda City because of some ECU wiring problem (... you know the irony of that ? They came in a Liana!) Even though he usually works on BMWs, Land Cruisers, Mercs and the likes ... even that shop didnt have the equipment!

There is NO difference in the engine of a Vitz compared to any other car. Or ANY working of the Vitz engine.

As far as market pricing goes ... all cars have lost market value.

You get a 2001 Civic EXi for less than 6 lakhs! Phele aisa scene nahe tha! Corollas have same scene with the Indus 1.3 models ... and so does Cultus!

You cannot get 'bad' cars from Japan .. and if you do, unlike the Pakistanis ... they clearly state that in Auction Grading. It is the BUYERS fault if he doesnt check the auction grade. Anything below 3.5 should be avoided at all costs ... and preferably should buy 4 or 4.5 grade car.

JAPNEESE JUNK WHICH MOSTLY R TSUNAMI EFFECTED
    Tsunami japan main kahan aya tha bahi ? Khariat to hai ?
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ahsan1702
    Good reply (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow quiet "INTELLECTUAL" discussion we are having on pro's and con's of different cars

so far i have gathered that local manufactured cars are better because

• Parts Availability
      /li
    • Price of parts
      /li
    • They are NEW
      /li

Now can you please tell me the last time you took a zero meter car out of showroom ( local assembled ) and didn't had any problem, i doubt there would be higher percentage of buyers who drive home 100% cleared car, its my believe that majority of customers tend to come back to showroom(s) with one problem or another with their brand new sparkling car ...... new eh?

Debate on parts is silly in my opinion, buyers of imported cars are very well aware of pro's and con's for going for imported vehicle, if they are not than they are simply dumb *** and are way beyond the subject of this debate, so coming back to the point, parts are not that expensive as the common perception in the market

Secondly its been like 5 months and i have not once needed any parts for my vitz, maybe thats because i don't have to make frequent visits to mechanic due to one problem or another? infact during these 5 months my vitz is 75% cheaper on maintainance than my 2001 Cultus VXL

I rather pay more for parts which last longer than pay lower price but more frequent ...

As for gentlemen who talks about car breaking down, than my dear fellow that can happen to each and every car, point of debate is that local cars are more subjective to abrupt fails than JDM's

regards,

Saquib
    Lost in /dev/null

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes ! every body is right on his grounds but I would like to add one thing , in 1993 daewoo Racer emerged on the sky of automobile industry of Pakistan as a yellow cab, later on people acquired that car for home use also and that car has nuthing very complex regarding engine and other areas except a few , after 16 years even now 8 out of 10 mechanics get their forehead wrinkled after seeing a daewoo Racer as a patient to their glorified workshop. 16 years my friends 16 years so wont u think innocency *** stupidity of that mind who thinks we can have changed attitude of our mechanics towards off the track cars and I bet INSHALLAH after an year of two all these local VVTi VTEC cars would be skilfully handled by the same mechanics but they wont agree to refix more or less same kind of engines which are not famous in our local market. back in 1984 mechanics had handled very well piston carb 12valve 1.5L corolla's engine and after an year or two they had expertise in simple carb engine 12 valve which we had in 1999XE. these good men will never deviate from their track of Toyota (local) , Suzuki and upto some extent honda. these men will be happy enough with 4EFE or 4AFE in jdm corolla but daewoo Racer is a mess in their view and that irritates me alot. daewoo racer is a good car but due to these mechanics I swaped it with corolla! and trust me on this after few years all these after market cars would be treated the same way as they treat daewoo, mitsu etc at the least this is really heartbreaking for me BMW , Merc , porsch etc these r not common man's vehicles so simply take em out of the discussion. they can Import 100k item easily but for a common man spending 30K for a bumper can spike the hell out of him and after some time these cars will be out of the market and no one will purchase them for 100 or 200K which is quite obvious. one of my RICH fellows purchased platz about 3-4 months back for 800K and couple of days back I saw a nicer platz compared to my fellow's one getting sold for 470or480K ........ my fellow is importing rear bumper for his platz because he visits dubai just as we go to sadder of any city having sadder bazaar... He can and spending 30K for a bumper is just not a deal for him.... bottom line

always go for commodity of market but SHOQ DA KOI MUL NAHIN and I respect everybody's choice and car because spending a handsome amount requires lot of dil gurda! everyone's car is best in his own vision so enjoy but do remember murphy's Law..... anything which can go wrong will go wrong ..... ALLAH HAFIZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nadeemkhan207

Very well said and i agree with you on most of your points. I also travel alot and therefore can always pick up parts for my vitz (like your friend).

I agree that the vitz & platz shoudl not be bought by the common man looking for economy as even my vitz which 99% of the dealers in KHI knew was a mint condition car costed me another 29151 rupees in maintenance etc after i bought it, which is alot f people are buying a carin the false hope that it woudl be cheap to run. i spent an aditional 40000+ on toyota rims & pirelli tyres (and transport from KHI with insurance) so all in all the vitz was quite expensieve in a way.

My main reason for buying a 2003 vitz was that in the same price i wasn't able to buy a car with ABS/airbag/crumple zone, build quality & an auto box with a small engine in the local market.

If i had to do it all again i'd still buy a vitz, but the lancer 1.3 would be a very close 2nd option as the price is very good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nadeemkhan207

very well said. agreed 100%.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Wud just like to say one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why a person buys a 1000cc car,????,,,,,,,i think first priority is economy,,,,,saftey and comfort are also important,,,,,but for 1000cc in pakistan where ppl dont have huge amounts of money, they become secondary,,,,,,,,,

so talking of vitz as an economical car is just amuzing

one owner just has mentioned that he is very happy with his car,,,,,,,it gives him 90 km in a cylinder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats is just horrifying ,,,,,,,,,,,,a local ill manufactured cultus(as most of the cultus haters say) gives atleast 160-170 kms in a cylinder

the ppl who buy 1000cc cars dont buy it for MERC like comfort (which i dont believ is there in vitz),,,,,if they buy cars for comfort they can easily buy 2003 city and civic in 7 lakh range which are far more comfortable and reliable ,,,,are also provided with huge boot spaces,,,,,,,,,,,absent in vitz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so why go for daddddooo looking vitz which is also 3-4 years old,

secondly ,,,,,there is a point ,,,,,,,,somebody has mentioned that new civic and altis are more complex than vitz,,,,,,,,,,,but ppl can buy these cars with 100% confidence that if somethin wrong goes with these cars,,,they can get it straightened bcoz of the reliable 3S dealerships available,,,,,,,,and that they wont have to throw away their car if something is wrong bcoz in the price of the parts u can buy a whole new car

On the contrary no reliable dealerships are available for vitz

the daily maintenance services that are required for vitz cost somethin like this

A.T.F Oil (Type TIV) 1380
    Air Filter 1250
    Brake Fluid/oil 345
    Brake Fluid/oil change (labour) 100
    Brake Service Labour 500
    Engine Oil & Filter Labour 100
    Engine Oil (4 litres) TMO 2000 700
    Engine Tune-up (Fuel & Air Filter) Labour 500
    Fuel Filter 2100
    General Checkup Labour 300
    Oil Filter 450
    Power steering oil & Transmission oil Labour 300
    Radiator (LL Coolant) 890
    Service Sundries 34+2 36

from Open market
    Fog Lights (w/ OEM Switch) 4200
    Rear Hatch spoiler 2500

from KHI
    Brakes (all round) 2000
    Suspension (front tokiko, rear toyota) 13000

this is just unacceptable for a small car like vitz,,,,just check out the prices of air filter 1250 rs,,while u can get japanese suzuki air filter for 650 rs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then check the prices for the fuel filter ....the oil filter ,,,,the labour charges from toyota,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is just rubbish,,,

u can well maintain a civic in this much money

and yes this is true that most of the ppl who have fitted cng in their vitz are not at all happy with it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

so what i say is that this is worst car a person can buy in this price range,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i am not at all asking anyone to sell their vitz,,,,,,,,,,,,its just my opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and it is a help for prospective buyers

if some ppl can afford to buy expensive parts ,,,,,and also have contacts for this,,,,,,this doesnt mean that everyone has such huge amount of money to buy expensive parts,,,,,,most of the ppl lok forward to spent as less as they can ,,,,,,and still be able to maintain their cars well
    ammar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very very positively said hamdani
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello!
    Waiting For The Conclusion .....
    well........CNG is Vitz needs experts to have a right match of Advancer with Kit....Mostly advancer messes up and spoils all...improper settings is the 2nd reason of ppl getting troubles in CNG Vitz.....!
    Vitz is a good car and i still consider it better than all local 1.0L ones.....as it was all 60k+ driven.....! still they are in Mint conditions.....just all they need is replacement of parts... Sensors and Injectors fails after sometime and you have to replace them just.....!
    meanwhile maintain it with regular checkups and fluid change and it will long last.....!
    Thanxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still consider Vitz a better car than 2003 City, the only drawback is boot space. Also, please note the point that the 3S dealership we have here for the most popular brands also get there spares from underhand sources and stamp them, selling them as Japanese, trust me,uts from more than one reliable source. Again, most people still take their new cars to mechanics rather than dealerships, because they get fed up by problems not dissappearing when their new cars develop faults due third rate construction and shawdy workmanship

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hamdani_08
    good points you have made and i shoudl point out that the prices you quoted were posted by me when i took my vitz to toyota ISB in abpara. no doubt if i had sourced the parts from a dealer (in KHI) they woudl have been much cheaper.

afterall toyota ISB is asking 11000 per shock absorber/damper, whereas i got a set of 4 for 13000 and they were OEM parts as well.

I should also point out that toyota ISB is offering 100% support for the vitz now so parts is no longer a problem.

I know that even if you take a merc to shahnawaz and get a horn it'll cost you around 1800 rupees plus 400 rupees fitting!!! whereas if you go to the open market and get a OEM Bosch part it'll set you back only around 800 and to fit it's only 1 clip and a nut. my point being that to maintain a car from the authorized dealership is expensive no matter what the car. I could have done all the work on my vitz as well since i'm a qualified mercedes mechanic but at the end of the day it was 2nd hand i thought it better to tkae it to the pros once and get rid of all the older parts and fluids onceso the car woudl be 100% reliable. Ever since then the car has never given me a headache, whereas a friends vitz which he bouhg for 5.6lacks and was NOT serviced by toyota broke down due to oil transmission fluid.

People who buy a used car (including vitz) shoudl realise that all they are doing are buying someone elses problems and shoudl not think that just because it is built by toyota and has a VVTi engine that it will last forever and will be very economical. infact 2nd hand cars can become a pain to keep since you never know how the revious owner kept it and that is why i replaced every wearable par/ fluid just to be on the safe side,... which made it expensive in the short term.

The honest truth is that i bought a vitz was (as i've said a million times before ) safety etc, but the main reason was that my wife said "i want one of those" otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have bought a lancer (if the prices were then what they are now).

Khair i've bought one now and i've spent alot on it and it is running fine now so i guess i'll keep it and enjoy it for as long as it runs, afterall ai never bought it worrying about resale,... specially not at the price I bought it for.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hamdani_08
    U r absolutely right. The main reason for buying a 1000CC car is just economy and good comfort. The prices of vitz/yaris is also very high in international market. Yesterday i visited malaysian forum. Wahan bhi yaris ki prices bohat ziadah hain even 1.3L swift is cheaper than 1.0L yaris. So most of them were written that they should go for a swift as it is a much better car compared to yaris. Even some sedans are cheaper than yaris there.
    Secondly auto trans par hamaisha CNG problem karti hay. So its better to buy a local car.
    I was planning to buy a vitz but in 750K yeh mujhe theek naehin lag rahee thee jab mujhay is price main new car mill sakti hay tou main LUNDAY ki car keun loon. So main nay new Liana le li.
    HONDA the power of TOYOTA's dreams...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

User Tag List