Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Read before you buy, Vitz experience.

DEAR MEMBERS I BOUGHT VITZ 2003 FOR RS 660000/ FULL OPTION SCRATCHLESS 13000KM DRIVEN FRESH IMPORT AFTER READING ALOT ABOUT VITZ ON OUR FORUMS,THE CAR IS GOOD ,SPACIOUS,ALOT OF FEATURES, I FILLED THE TANK AND IT GAVE ME AVERAGE OF 9KM/LTR,WHICH IS NOT AFFORDABLE BY ALL MEANS,I CONSULTED 6-7 GOOD CNG CONVERSION CENTRES EVERY BODY SAID DONT CONVERT ITON CNG U WILL HAVE BAD EXPERIENCE,I DID NOT TRUSTED THEM AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON A FRIENDS CNG STATION 2 CHEK THE VITZ CNG EXPERIENCE FROM THE OWNERS I INTERVIEWD ABT 10-12 PPL AND BELIEVE U ME EVERY BODY SAID ITS A PAIN IN NECK,THEN I WENT 2 SPARE PARTS SHOPS & I WAS SHOCKED ABOUT THE PRICES OF BODY PARTS ITS AS EXPENCIVE AS MERC & AVAILIBILTY IS A BIG QUESTION MARK,FINALLY I SOLD THE SAID CAR IN RS10000/ LOSS AFTER DRIVING IT 500KM,IN MY VIEWS LOCAL CARS IN ALL CATEGORIES R MUCH BETTER LIKE CULTUS, ALTO ETC TELL ME IF U R GOING FROM RWP 2 LHR & UR CAR HAS SOME PROBLEM AT JEHLUM,KHARIAN OR ANY SMALL TOWN WILL U ABLE 2 FIND HI TEC MECHANIC OR ENGINE PARTS, SO MY ADVICE IS BUY LOCAL CARS THEY R MUCH BETTER & MEMBERS SHOULD NOT MISGUIDE THE NEW BUYERS.I CONCLUDE BY SAYING,
    "HUR CHUMKTI HUI CHEEZ SONA NAHIN HOTEE"

(closed by admin/mods - infinite arguments, points both for and against have been made)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so the conclusion:

""the vitz & platz shoudl not be bought by the common man looking for economy""

""main reason for buying a 2003 vitz is that in the same price one wont be able to buy a car with ABS/airbag/crumple zone, build quality & an auto box with a small engine in the local market""

by strom :p

**END OF DISCUSSION**
    we'll miss u...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeh end.
    HONDA the power of TOYOTA's dreams...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL@LUNDAY ke car!!
    WW3 the star studded extravaganza is coming to countries near you....book your weapons now!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsen
    very well summed up i think (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not my place to say anything cuz I have not owned a vitz but I have owned both local assembled cars & imported cars at different times. But I just could not hold my tong after reading this post.
    In Pakistani car market buying decisions are governed by resale value and how secure your “investment” is. We buy cars that can be sold instantly and all our invested money given back to us and then some. We as a majority do not value quality and comfort. We value a safe investment. We (majority of people) want to be able to drive a car for 5 years and still be able to sell it at double our purchase price. That is what we are after.

Fact of life CARS DEPRECATE IN VALUE OVER TIME. It dose not matter how rich you are or how poor you are. There is no free lunch you have to pay for what you want and use.

After 10 years majority of cars are usually worth less then 10% of there original purchase price. It is a fact of life. No where in the world can you go and purchase a vehicle for X amount of money and drive it off the showroom floor and then turn around and sell it for a profit of around 2000 US $’s. But in the piyare watan Pakistan you can do that.

We as a majority want to use a car and then let the next potential buyer pay for our usage of the car. In this market you can sell a car for more then what you bought it for after 2 years of usage and are able to pass your cost of usage to the potential buyer. A pathetic and absurd notion and we are so use to it when buying and selling our vehicles.

With imported cars coming in the country the demand and supply gap has been brought down and the black marketers are loosing there control. The manufacturers will never condone a policy that will have them loose the monopoly they have in the Pakistani car market that lets them do whatever they want in terms of quality and value for money and the product they are providing to the Pakistani consumer.

Pakistan’s car market and after sales service has been monopolized by a limited number of manufactures protected by government policies and our own attitudes. They have been given a free hand to manufacture what ever they like with no emphasis on quality control and providing value for money. Why are there no fair and implemented checks and balances on local manufacturers to provide better quality and value for money and benefit the consumer? The market has been monopolized to benefit the manufacturer and not the consumer why? And we as a nation and as a majority back that up by saying yes local cars are better? Throw the low quality tin cans at us and we will still buy them because they are better and safe investments.

The consumer has been further put into trouble with all the black marketers with the so called “OWN” issue on top of the already unrealistic prices of cars as far as value for money goes.

I will give an example to make you understand. Take the price of a brand new Suzuki Cultus which is approximately rupees 600,000. Now convert it to US $’s which is around 10,000 US. Now go to any country of the world and be amazed at what you can buy. You will be able to buy a older BMW, or a Mercedes, and in better condition then this brand new Suzuki Cultus and will outlast this Cultus by any means.

Ok wrong example, comparison should be made on equality basis and cars in the same class can be compared. So cannot compare a Cultus with a BMW. So lets compare a Pakistani assembled Corolla to a Japan Assembled one. Same year same model and same trim. Buy a corolla SE Saloon brand new zero meter 2006 Pakistan assembled and then drive it and then take the same amount of money and go buy a 2006 SE saloon Japan assembled in Japan and drive it and then compare the two. You will be enlightened. Why is there such a huge difference in ride and build quality?

It is really true to what they say “heray ke pehchan johari ko hoti hae baqi logon kay liy who sirf iek pathar hota hae”.

We have to change our attitude as a nation and our current market attitude is my profit=consumer’s loss. This attitude should be my profit=a quality product worth the value of money received. Gaandh ghoul kay bayech do and then claim that you are doing a service to the nation by providing cheap cars with after market parts and service available even on GT roads and remote areas of Pakistan. First monopolize the system and then reap the benefits of that monopolistic market, pathetic that’s what it is.

Pehle behter kha-o ta keh tumhain pata chale aur us kae baad rona roo keh Pakistan main mujhe behter khane ko kyun nahi milta. Jab tak tum nae behter nahi khaya tum ko nahi pata lage ga keh kiya behter hae aur kiya nahi hae.

No disrespect intended towards anyone and I have put my comments for the benefit and education of Pakwheelers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abc
    that is one of the best posts i have ever read on Pakwheels,... seriously you deserve a reward for what you wrote.

BRAVO

my hat comes off to you (from here all the way to the big apple)

READ B4 U BUYVITZ EXPERIENCE -679257
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A little note ...

Maintaining ANY car from a dealership is purely getting r*ped!

They will charge double or even more for every part they want.

One who goes to a dealership to mantain his car should expect MAJOR expense!
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ abc bhai,,,,,,chalain aisa karain aap hi acha khila dain sub ko,,,,,,,,,bcoz pakistani market mein to yehi milta hai

if these cars are so good in their price and comfort why doesnt the company import them by themselves?????
    ammar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar admins should close this topic now because more than required discussion ahs been made and the outcome of all discussion in front of everyone ! the post got almost completed wiht due attention but now this post is getting useless as some one has again tried to satrt it from point A
    some one here typed very good statement about ACHA KHILADO and if u look at the satrt of this thread you will find the same essence which we r getting after having 7 - pages of discussion so why to waste our time better start posting good answers to other useful threads another simple question ! ok we all r ready to get any XYZ ex (vits platz march etc etc) models and will eat SO CALLED acha then better provide its good and cheap maintenance too after eating acha we must be at ease rather getting pain in neck. simple example couple of days back some one broke my corolla's tail light , simply went to SHOBA BAZAAR and got it replaced in 600RS as original as previously it was and didnot take more than 1 hour as almost 30-35 minutes were consumed in travelling come on yaar please think use brains rather making brain masala of those useful brains I guess only Mehran and then corolla can get such a cheap and instant maintenance I bet none other than these can provide you with sucha prompt maintenance and originality so I request all of you please dont start this again and if anyone can provide me with same example for xyz imported cars ( remember not talking about imported indus similar models) would definitely regard his experience but again my experiences about these cars r really bad cause of platz bumper and other small parts.... trust me on this! and bottom line every one would continue loving his own choice no matter if it is a local car or imported simply depends on that individual's driving force for cars so please han...... kuch nayee achee baat hojaye! peace , cheers and no offense and apologize if typed anything against ground facts! ALLAH HAFIZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hamdani_08
    if toyota imprted the vitz it woudl cost the buyers around 10-14 lacks depending on spec and engine,.. would anyone pay that much for a 1000cc car?

Same can be said about ANY import (not locally manufactured). A REAL altis would cost you (as an import) around 22+ lacks, same with the civic. that's why they build stripped out versions here,... it's cheaper to bnuld here and use the Govt to protect you.

otherwise for 14lacks i can buy a brand new (JDM) 2006 civic type-R in th UK, only thing stopping e is the taxes placed on imports ONLY to protect the local manufacturers and their overpriced garbage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BTW for those of you who think CNG doesn't work on an auto vitz, here you go! I've seen this car running properly right in foront of my eyes last night, and kkooool & born2ride can vouch for it as well.

READ B4 U BUYVITZ EXPERIENCE -679527

READ B4 U BUYVITZ EXPERIENCE -679528

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm,,,,,,i may be wrong ,,,but how is it possible that a full spec 1600cc OPTRA with air bags,,,,sunroof,,,,,,four wheel disc,,,,,,,,alloy rims ,,,,audio controls on steering,,,,,,,cooling compartment and loads of other things can be imported into Pakistan and given a price tag of 12.5 lakh,,,,,,,,,,while its lowest model can be bought in 10 lakh

and a dinki with 1000cc engine will be imported and given a price tag of 14 lakh,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats not digestible although i might be wrong

also storm bhai the vitz u have shown is just having CNG installed ...............is it working great on CNG prior to installation,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just kiddin bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i think the Cng not working well is an expert problem,,,nothin to do with the car
    ammar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abc Wonderful Post.
    Indeed very Sad but unfortunately true.
    If you walk away from your car and don't look back, you have bought the wrong car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hamdani_08
    Optra's are usually under invoiced when they are imported (afterall it's the manufacturer who sets the value of the car, not the government) and if toyota wanted to it could do that too,.. but if they imported a car like the vitz/yaris/platz/belta/ecco like that what do you think would become of the local corolla??

As for the vitz installation, obviously if you read my post you'd see that i said "I've seen this car running properly right in foront of my eyes last night" and that would mean that i took the pics during installation.

I think i's time to close this thread because it is going nowhere now. the bottom line is that if people are happy with their civics and rollas so be it, and as for those with a vitz,... let them drive safely (with ABS/airbags/crumplezones/etc.) in what others call false security.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

User Tag List