0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @Xulfiqar CVT oil pressure

Solution
    Hi,

I serviced cvt (T410) including torque valves,filter and oil when car was 40,000 kms. now when car is 45,000 what oil pressure should I expect. I measured this by logging the oil pressure pid

I am getting the following with cvt temp of around 35c (cold engine)
    On Park I get 350 psi at 1500 rpm
    On Reverse (with break pedal pressed) 0 psi
    On Neutral I get 285 psi at 1500 rpm
    On Drive (with break pedal pressed) 0 psi

Whilst driving the car (cvt temp around 70c) I get
    400 psi at 1500 rpm
    520 psi at 2400 rpm
    1100 psi at 4500 rpm

what is your opinion please ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you get the pm I sent 3 days ago?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE007 View Post
    Did you get the pm I sent 3 days ago?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
    Sorry, for some reasons cannot se pm's, the site admins are looking into it. Will reply to you when it's fixed (should be soon)

edit: Replied to your PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman-17 View Post
    Hi,

I serviced cvt (T410) including torque valves,filter and oil when car was 40,000 kms. now when car is 45,000 what oil pressure should I expect. I measured this by logging the oil pressure pid

I am getting the following with cvt temp of around 35c (cold engine)
    On Park I get 350 psi at 1500 rpm
    On Reverse (with break pedal pressed) 0 psi
    On Neutral I get 285 psi at 1500 rpm
    On Drive (with break pedal pressed) 0 psi

Whilst driving the car (cvt temp around 70c) I get
    400 psi at 1500 rpm
    520 psi at 2400 rpm
    1100 psi at 4500 rpm

what is your opinion please ?
    What diagnosis software you are using. Get your hands on techstream and do some active testings for the cvt fluid pressure and get the readings. Both on low and high ends.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    What diagnosis software you are using. Get your hands on techstream and do some active testings for the cvt fluid pressure and get the readings. Both on low and high ends.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am using a home made software I did, it captures the cvt pid from live ecu data directly from the cvt pressure/temperature sensor. So value is live. I can override the gas pedal sensor and instruct the ecu to rev engine at a specific rpm

Which techstream do you recommend?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply.
    I am using a home made software I did, it captures the cvt pid from live ecu data directly from the cvt pressure/temperature sensor. So value is live. I can override the gas pedal sensor and instruct the ecu to rev engine at a specific rpm

Ok so you are also the fan of diy projects good. Only reading the oil pressure doesnt help in diagnosing the low oil pressure or actual situation of the transmission. It can only be diagnosed properly by activating the line pressure up solenoid in the transmission on idle rpm to see the actual oil pressure on both high and low ends. The values does vary according to load and and acceleration demand. For example on idle normally we see an oil pressure of 300 psi but on other hand if we put the vehicle in d mode and climb a hill the oil pressure can go upto 2000+ psi so a diagnoser cannot see the actual integrity of transmission by just analyzing the cvt transmission oil pressure pid only.
    So the proper way of analyzing the oil pressure is to activate the line pressure up solenoid only. For more info I had written all details in a forum by the name ok K410 cvt valve body servicing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply.

Use toyota techstream any version later than 7.0

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use toyota techstream any version later than 7.0
    I have a mini vci cable which i use for my software, will get techstream and look for some videos on how to use it, it will be nice to have another challenge for a hobby

Btw, i can activate the line pressure up solenoid at idle, do I need to read the oil pressure from pressure sensor while the solenoid is on? Maybe that's why pressure was 0 psi on Drive at idle with hand brake on

Thanks for your help and knowledge about this subject!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a mini vci cable which i use for my software, will get techstream and look for some videos on how to use it, it will be nice to have another challenge for a hobby

Btw, i can activate the line pressure up solenoid at idle, do I need to read the oil pressure from pressure sensor while the solenoid is on? Maybe that's why pressure was 0 psi on Drive at idle with hand brake on

Thanks for your help and knowledge about this subject!
    The pressure cannot be on 0 when the engine is running. Infact you had to see the readings when the line solenoid is on. But I will recommend you to use the toyota techstream for the testing purpose only and diy thing can easily damage the start clutch piston and pressure diaphragm so work on techstream and how to operate it you can get my help on that too..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The pressure cannot be on 0 when the engine is running. Infact you had to see the readings when the line solenoid is on. But I will recommend you to use the toyota techstream for the testing purpose only and diy thing can easily damage the start clutch piston and pressure diaphragm so work on techstream and how to operate it you can get my help on that too..
    Ok true, am getting V11.10.034, and v10. Will try to install them on windows 8.1 and have a look around

Is it possible to emulate the 1kr-fe ecu on techstream?

Thank you!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok true, am getting V11.10.034, and v10. Will try to install them on windows 8.1 and have a look around

Is it possible to emulate the 1kr-fe ecu on techstream?

Thank you!
    All of the versions above 10.0 had some dificulties running on windows 8 platform. And for the interface driver if you use mvci x horse driver it will crash on win 8 platform. The engine parameters cannot be simulate on techstream. Bad for all of R & D guys. Cannot simulate the engine on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All of the versions above 10.0 had some dificulties running on windows 8 platform. And for the interface driver if you use mvci x horse driver it will crash on win 8 platform. The engine parameters cannot be simulate on techstream. Bad for all of R & D guys. Cannot simulate the engine on it.
    I have a mini vci cable, i think it should work but all this is new to me: ) i work as a senior bios firmware developer for a huge company and always learned to do things the hard way developing software and modifying hardware by myself. With the vitz (as a hobby) i have reversed 80% of its ecu and can overide a sensor by software when a hardware sensor fails on the road.

I am always keen to learn thus decided to learn techstream so, which version of techstream and cable do you recommend please ? (the laptop i will use is a win 8.1 x64bit) all other laptops are linux

Thanks a lot!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a mini vci cable, i think it should work but all this is new to me: ) i work as a senior bios firmware developer for a huge company and always learned to do things the hard way developing software and modifying hardware by myself. With the vitz (as a hobby) i have reversed 80% of its ecu and can overide a sensor by software when a hardware sensor fails on the road.

I am always keen to learn thus decided to learn techstream so, which version of techstream and cable do you recommend please ? (the laptop i will use is a win 8.1 x64bit) all other laptops are linux

Thanks a lot!
    All software guys had the interest to build their own stuff. Its a good thing. Ok now come the techstream download the version 8.0 and get the drivers for xhorse mvci drivers v 1.4 and get your hand on old school win xp or win vista or 7 32 bit edition. Techstream mvci drivers doesnt work on 64 bit platform. Using techstream is a bit easy as compared to benz das star or bmw platforms install it and if need assistance I will assist you on whatsapp or skype..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All software guys had the interest to build their own stuff. Its a good thing. Ok now come the techstream download the version 8.0 and get the drivers for xhorse mvci drivers v 1.4 and get your hand on old school win xp or win vista or 7 32 bit edition. Techstream mvci drivers doesnt work on 64 bit platform. Using techstream is a bit easy as compared to benz das star or bmw platforms install it and if need assistance I will assist you on whatsapp or skype..
    Thank you very much indeed, shall I get a genuine xhorse mvci cable, the mvci cable i have is with firmware 2.0.4 (modified by me for 30% faster CAN protocol speed and x64 support) but i can go back to original easy

Will techstream allow you to program additional keys with this cable

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List