Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: @imrananr need advice for Oil (Vitz 2013/16 1000cc)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up @imrananr need advice for Oil (Vitz 2013/16 1000cc)

    hello
    i just purchase vitz 2013 (import in last month from japan)
    ODO Meter Show 62482 Already Run in Japan,

    so please advice me which Oil is good for my vitz for all Weathers, i live in Faisalabad.

    Thank you very much

    pic attach
    @imrananr need advice for Oil Vitz 201316 1000cc -1719261

    br
    Kashif

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    you should only recommend such long intervals if you have experience or doing so.
    don't recommend anything crazy which can be potentially harmful for engine running on PK fuel.

    Your given intervals are most recommended for German Cars like BMW-LL, Mercerdes, Volvo, etc. where engine takes 6~8L oil and their fuel quality is best in word.
    Oh I just forgot about the fuel quality....yea yea the fuel is so poooor it cant buy more octanes for it...........


    Just joking.....

    Fuel quality in pakistan is not that bad like other developed countries mixing ethanol and methanol in their gasolines.....

    .
    Engine oils do survive if it the grading and formulas are correctly selected according to your vehicle engine health and condition. There is a definition exist in our automotive industry about selecting oils for used engines.
    " every used engine needs a tailored oil viscosity according to its condition ". It will never die and keeps running if you feed it proper viscosity and formulas.

    Mr Google doesnt helps in this matter as experts dont release their secret recipes on internet. ..........

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Already did
    What is your drain interval????

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    What is your drain interval????
    Sir i have two cars in my personal usage

    Using Lm 5w40 in gli 1.3 and drain interval is 6-7k

    Using Lm 5w30 in Grande 1.8ltr with ceratec added at 2000kms and using drain intervals of 5k

    Now due to my driving style on 11500 kms i will shift to LM5w40 and keep using it.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Sir i have two cars in my personal usage

    Using Lm 5w40 in gli 1.3 and drain interval is 6-7k

    Using Lm 5w30 in Grande 1.8ltr with ceratec added at 2000kms and using drain intervals of 5k

    Now due to my driving style on 11500 kms i will shift to LM5w40 and keep using it.
    From which outlet of lm you get your oil replaced.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    From which outlet of lm you get your oil replaced.
    I am in islamabad. Get it changed from Pearl Lube At GT road.

    We are using Lm in many other cars too

    5w30 in vitz 40k kms milage
    10w40 mos2 in corolla altis 2009 1.8 170k kms milage
    5w40 in Mercedes c180 2007 @110k km run.

    Great oil
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    I am in islamabad. Get it changed from Pearl Lube At GT road.

    We are using Lm in many other cars too

    5w30 in vitz 40k kms milage
    10w40 mos2 in corolla altis 2009 1.8 170k kms milage
    5w40 in Mercedes c180 2007 @110k km run.

    Great oil
    You are doing it all wrong.......... sorry for the earl lubes giys even dont know about that they are sitting on a gold mine.......

    Ok here are the drain intervals for your 3 vehicles amd recomended oil viscosities....

    In gli 1.3 if using synthoil then inwinters your drain intervals goes upto 13000km's on hard throttle and on extreme loads. And on low loads you can go upto 15 k. Keeping in mind to replace the oil filters aftee 6000 kms incorolla as the filter is fixed housing one use only leppon im that.......


    For your 2nd car
    Altis grande

    If you are a hard pedal driver and this cvt vehices stays under continuous hard loads then you should shift it to LM 10W-60 GT1 full synth oil. Remember these ZR series engines had a common problem of low oil pressure on high revs.. and also its exausts vvti actuator fails due to that and a little rattle sound jumps in after 50 k km's. So to prevent it shift it on gt1. The drain interval for winters is 20k upto 25k. And for summers 15k upto 20k. Change it and you will fell the difference ....


    For the other altis with ZZ series engine shift it from 10w-40 mos 2 to 15w-50 mos 2. As its a very roary engine and 15w-50 mos2 will help it keep its compression healthy. The change interval is 12 k for winters and 10 k for the summers with oil filter replacement at every 5000kms. Good luck.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default @imrananr need advice for Oil (Vitz 2013/16 1000cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    You are doing it all wrong.......... sorry for the earl lubes giys even dont know about that they are sitting on a gold mine.......

    Ok here are the drain intervals for your 3 vehicles amd recomended oil viscosities....

    In gli 1.3 if using synthoil then inwinters your drain intervals goes upto 13000km's on hard throttle and on extreme loads. And on low loads you can go upto 15 k. Keeping in mind to replace the oil filters aftee 6000 kms incorolla as the filter is fixed housing one use only leppon im that.......


    For your 2nd car
    Altis grande

    If you are a hard pedal driver and this cvt vehices stays under continuous hard loads then you should shift it to LM 10W-60 GT1 full synth oil. Remember these ZR series engines had a common problem of low oil pressure on high revs.. and also its exausts vvti actuator fails due to that and a little rattle sound jumps in after 50 k km's. So to prevent it shift it on gt1. The drain interval for winters is 20k upto 25k. And for summers 15k upto 20k. Change it and you will fell the difference ....


    For the other altis with ZZ series engine shift it from 10w-40 mos 2 to 15w-50 mos 2. As its a very roary engine and 15w-50 mos2 will help it keep its compression healthy. The change interval is 12 k for winters and 10 k for the summers with oil filter replacement at every 5000kms. Good luck.
    Thanks for the added info.
    Yes drain intervals are higher but i tend to change oil earlier.

    And many LM oils are not available here. So limited choices. 10-60 not available only 5w40 molygen is available.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Thanks for the added info.
    Yes drain intervals are higher but i tend to change oil earlier.
    Dont do it quickly you are losing the proper cleansing properties of these oils let them cleanse the engine internals properly and keep them healthy quick oil change intervals will not help you in securing your vehicle engines in healthy condition it will worsen up the situation.....

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Dont do it quickly you are losing the proper cleansing properties of these oils let them cleanse the engine internals properly and keep them healthy quick oil change intervals will not help you in securing your vehicle engines in healthy condition it will worsen up the situation.....
    Any suggestion about oil fikter which can handle 10k milage ?
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Any suggestion about oil fikter which can handle 10k milage ?
    Its better to stay with leppon this time with filter change interval at 5k.

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Its better to stay with leppon this time with filter change interval at 5k.
    I use genuine.
    Dont trust leppon its of lower quality
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,848
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Zic xq 5w40 is much less in performance too from LM.
    Personal experience i was a zic fan until i changed to liqui moly and found huge improvement.
    Hearing so first time about ZIC XQ.
    A close distance businessmen is running fleet of 8 Cars on rent. (Mostly Corollas)
    He was feeding havoline and every in few weeks were facing tiny issues.
    On my suggestion he shifted to zic xq and now more than happy. I advised him to change it after 7~8K. But he is doing it after 10K.

    I used XQ in my previous cars and after running 8K it did not reduce a drop and performance was good.

    However, how did you notice the difference between ZIC XQ 5w-40 and LM 5w-40 ?
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,848
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    This is something has been discussed million times before but still this discussion seems endless.

    People using Havoline 20w-50 & Petron 20w-50 in 2010 or latest vehicles since day 1 and are happy/satisfied.
    There are people using ZIC XQ & even LM in their vehicles and are unsatisfied.
    I literally seen People by myself using 5w-20 in Suzuki Bolan & Suzuki Mehran and Honda 125 in Hot Summers. And are happy.
    I personally used Delo Gold (Diesel Engine oil) in my petrol cars and results were absolutely good.

    So everyone is having their own experience which we discussed here at forums to help each.

    Some people follow heat index as you said, but mostly go for what company recommends to use.

    At the last, its not only engine oil who pops up every disease in the engine. There are so many other possibilities too including driving habits, dirty filters, bad cooling sytems, etc. etc.

    But the change interval you recommend maybe workable in V8 or heavy engine running on pure filtered fuels. But majority of other cars here only takes 3~4L engine oil and that seems very inappropriate to use it upto 15K mileage.


    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    Well by your comment. It seems that I come from Maaaaarsss and know nothing about your world and pk in this world........................
    ....................

    I am maintaining a fleet of more than 1500 vehicles of all types consisting. Merc May bach to this little JDM vitz which is so much sensitive as you see it.............. the intervals I had mentioned are tested safe with this tooooooooo expensiveeeee jamaneeeessss tokonolgy... and it work likes charm on this little machine.......



    And alll of you guys who follow the boooook for oil recommendation Should burn alll of the research papers about heat and viscosity index............. any thing from -20 to -30 is suitable for a temperature range of upto 20 C. It collapses on further increased temperatures........

    .........
    Just see the temperature in your city amd choose the viscosity.


    Other wise this pakwheel form is full of crying peaoples whose engine smokes whitish bluish at part or full throttle loads........



    Once again its your choice to follow the book recommendation of some region whose year round temperatures are stabled at 25 C. And destroy your vehicles engine or be a sensible man and follow the heat index chart to avoid the hassles you will face after a season or 2 by using these low visc oils and there after math consequences.




    One thing more I will share with you guys low viscosity oils like 0-20 5-20 5-30. Doesnt protect your vehicle engine ilfrom extreme internal heat generated by your engine. Thus the thermal efficiency drops down and the results are faster wornout of your vehicle engine parts. One common problem now a days I am facing in islamabad about vitz 1kr-fe and 2sz-fe are engine oil pump failure due to the continous usage of these oils in extreme summers.........


    If you dont believe it dont do it and just wait for your personal experience about a little bang.....

    Goood luck.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    399.ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Swat
    Age
    19
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As the topic is being discussed so i also want to know about these oils.
    Currently using zic 10w-40 in vitz 1sz-fe driven almost 200,000 km so should I keep using this or change to another?
    Reason as we don't have any liqui moly products in city.

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashifone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Any famous brand with 5W30 viscosity and API SN or ILSAC GF-5 certification. Usually you will get fully synthetic oil. Liqimoly 5w30, shell ultra 5w30 are good brands.
    Thank you for all,
    i really appreciate your answers,

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    This is something has been discussed million times before but still this discussion seems endless.

    People using Havoline 20w-50 & Petron 20w-50 in 2010 or latest vehicles since day 1 and are happy/satisfied.
    There are people using ZIC XQ & even LM in their vehicles and are unsatisfied.
    I literally seen People by myself using 5w-20 in Suzuki Bolan & Suzuki Mehran and Honda 125 in Hot Summers. And are happy.
    I personally used Delo Gold (Diesel Engine oil) in my petrol cars and results were absolutely good.

    So everyone is having their own experience which we discussed here at forums to help each.

    Some people follow heat index as you said, but mostly go for what company recommends to use.

    At the last, its not only engine oil who pops up every disease in the engine. There are so many other possibilities too including driving habits, dirty filters, bad cooling sytems, etc. etc.

    But the change interval you recommend maybe workable in V8 or heavy engine running on pure filtered fuels. But majority of other cars here only takes 3~4L engine oil and that seems very inappropriate to use it upto 15K mileage.
    Brother it is not that I, you and somebody else is happy using 0w20 or 5w25 or 0w30 or 5W30 etc, with 5000, 10000, or 15000 hrs of OCI (oil change intervals). The proper way to check interval is to carry on lube oil analysis from a lab and follow the recommendations on oil change intervals. How can we judge an oil and be happy.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    To all people who are respected members, experts, googling experts, and the respected guests who visit these forums of Pakwheels. We are here to help each other by sharing our technical expertise which do had a background of lot and lots of R&D and practices which we learned from manufactures book and their SOP's and ground realities. We are here to help other people by guiding them in right direction on which they dont bear any kind of loss or face some kind of hassle which they does face by those street mechanics. So be straight and guide them in right directions.

    And for this topic someone who argue on heat and temperature viscosity index is like a man who saws the moon and says its sun.... for example

    If the temperature in your area is aroud 35-45 degrees and viscosity chart is suggesting you to go for the xx W-50 and you insist to pour the xx W-20 in your vehicle then you are a big nonsense man on universe who is denying the research done on these things and after those research these SOP's and formulas and indexes are created. If you still ignore the viscosity chart according to your area temperature than keep fooling yourself until you face those consequences. But dont implement your foolness on others and do damage to their precious vehicles and their trust.



    An example of this is some one on pakwheels forum suggested a fellow member to pour 5W-30 in his toyota vitz vehicle in peak summer season and the brand was LM. After few hundred km's the oil runs out of the level all of it was consumed by the engine. He contacted me and told me every bit he has done to his car. I suggested him the correct viscosity index for his vehicle and the best brand available was LM. When I told him about the LM 15W-50 his first reaction was a straight NO as according to him LM was a fraud company thays why his previous experince was bad. But I assured him that nothing will went wrong and If some thing happens I am responsible for the loss and will pay for it. After my assurance he poured the LM 15w-50 MOS2 in his vehicle and this time not a single drop was loosed by the engine. That was due to correct tailored viscosity.

    So all members who study the book of the vehicle must keep one thing in their minds that the book they are studying is for their country or weather and temperature index or it is for some other country with continuous icy season.

    Of it is not for your country then follow the universal oil temperature and viscosity index amd choose the best tailored viscosity for your vehicle and keep it running longer than average engine life..... thats it and have peace

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,848
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    The proper way to check interval is to carry on lube oil analysis from a lab and follow the recommendations on oil change intervals. How can we judge an oil and be happy.
    Its just theoretical and let me call it difficult to take out the 100~200 ml engine oil from car and test it in the lab to know either its still good to go or need to change. Because it takes time and ofcoarse Money. Because sample testing body is PCSIR which is very costly.
    In USA and some European cars, they gave a new sensor that tells when you have to change the engine oil. It gives the digital readings. For example after you change the engine oil last week, it will show you like 200/9000. Means you drove 200 KM since last oil change and its present condition is still good to go upto 9000km more.
    I wish once this system is introduced in PK, then our discussions will be totally different.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,848
    Follows
    8
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    As I mentioned in above post, the engine oil sensor is not introduced/available here yet. But once its introduce then you will get the answer of your question by yourself.
    This is how?

    You feed 20W-50 to Mehran and sensor gives ready that oil is good to drive upto 5000 km.
    You feed 20W-50 to Corolla then sensor will give different reading.
    Similarly you keep feeding different engine oils to same car (or different cars) and it will be telling different readings for each case.

    This example explains everything but in the technical way.


    Well you mention to consider the outside temperatures for engine oil choice.
    Then what about Engine’s working temperature which is much higher as compare to outside temperatures? Does it or Doesnt it affect from the choice of engine oil?

    Quote Originally Posted by rajaatta View Post
    To all people who are respected members, experts, googling experts, and the respected guests who visit these forums of Pakwheels. We are here to help each other by sharing our technical expertise which do had a background of lot and lots of R&D and practices which we learned from manufactures book and their SOP's and ground realities. We are here to help other people by guiding them in right direction on which they dont bear any kind of loss or face some kind of hassle which they does face by those street mechanics. So be straight and guide them in right directions.

    And for this topic someone who argue on heat and temperature viscosity index is like a man who saws the moon and says its sun.... for example

    If the temperature in your area is aroud 35-45 degrees and viscosity chart is suggesting you to go for the xx W-50 and you insist to pour the xx W-20 in your vehicle then you are a big nonsense man on universe who is denying the research done on these things and after those research these SOP's and formulas and indexes are created. If you still ignore the viscosity chart according to your area temperature than keep fooling yourself until you face those consequences. But dont implement your foolness on others and do damage to their precious vehicles and their trust.



    An example of this is some one on pakwheels forum suggested a fellow member to pour 5W-30 in his toyota vitz vehicle in peak summer season and the brand was LM. After few hundred km's the oil runs out of the level all of it was consumed by the engine. He contacted me and told me every bit he has done to his car. I suggested him the correct viscosity index for his vehicle and the best brand available was LM. When I told him about the LM 15W-50 his first reaction was a straight NO as according to him LM was a fraud company thays why his previous experince was bad. But I assured him that nothing will went wrong and If some thing happens I am responsible for the loss and will pay for it. After my assurance he poured the LM 15w-50 MOS2 in his vehicle and this time not a single drop was loosed by the engine. That was due to correct tailored viscosity.

    So all members who study the book of the vehicle must keep one thing in their minds that the book they are studying is for their country or weather and temperature index or it is for some other country with continuous icy season.

    Of it is not for your country then follow the universal oil temperature and viscosity index amd choose the best tailored viscosity for your vehicle and keep it running longer than average engine life..... thats it and have peace
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaatta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    12
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    As I mentioned in above post, the engine oil sensor is not introduced/available here yet. But once its introduce then you will get the answer of your question by yourself.
    This is how?

    You feed 20W-50 to Mehran and sensor gives ready that oil is good to drive upto 5000 km.
    You feed 20W-50 to Corolla then sensor will give different reading.
    Similarly you keep feeding different engine oils to same car (or different cars) and it will be telling different readings for each case.

    This example explains everything but in the technical way.


    Well you mention to consider the outside temperatures for engine oil choice.
    Then what about Engine’s working temperature which is much higher as compare to outside temperatures? Does it or Doesnt it affect from the choice of engine oil?
    By your first statement of course the companies in pakistan will not install a 3k$ system in a mehran like a BM, audi or merc. So let it keep it on a side. By your last question I presumed that you need to study more about lubrication and thermal efficiency of engine oils then you will not ask this question again. Take your car to northern areas in a frosty temperature and pour in the toyota petron 20W-50 and leave the vehicle for overnight at morning start the engine and keep on listening to the abusive language your engine barks until the oil is forcely sucked up but until then most of your vehicle crank bearings will be grinded away. And in few days you will be listing that death noise fron your vehicle engine.



    Now come toward thaar desert.


    Pour in the 5W-20 or 30 oil in your vehicle and at full day along with a/C you will also listen the abusive language again and in few days again your vehicle engine will die......



    For a better research search the following things on your favorite search engine.

    Thermal efficiency of engine oils
    Correct viscosity indexes according to seasonal temperatures.


    Study them for your future questioning. If you understand them well then its fine other wise I will start a coaching class for you..........

    Good luck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •