0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz problem

yaar i have the same issue vitz is very low n hitting breakers need to uplift it ... what should i do some says you need to weld rods with the springs .... and some says use spacers,,,, vitz owners kindly advise and guide me abt reliable workshops in karachi who have done this successfully in vitz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also have a vitz and started facing height problem after getting CNG installed. I went to a shocks workshop and they used spacers (aluminium ones on rear and rubber on front) to uplift the car. Since then, the height is no more a problem even with 4-5 persons but the ride has become bumpy and rough even on small holes/humps on roads.

@yasir_01
    i felt the same problem in my vitz and got it checked from Toyota dealer who told me its normal ABS noise and u wud hear that noise whenever u brake suddenly and ABS activates.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you really wanna lift your car..then a cheap hack-job of spacers or welding is not gonna works.. you need to get longer spring with proper stiffness and matching shocks..or else you will mess up the CG of car and increase chances of turnover at speedy maneuvers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@trojan
    yes i you remove the packing your car will drop by the amount of height of your packing/spacers (sorry for th elate reply, i must have missed this thread)

@vitz
    i always suggest you drive these cars with care but ifyouwishto fit rims you shoudl go for it, afterall you only live once buddy, enjoy it. you CAN go for rims AND maintain original height by ensuring the rims & tyres you fit are the same height as the ones you have (overall height)

@yasir_01
    the grr grr is the ABS, which is there to make sure your wheels don't lock up (you can also safely steer with ABS)

@theboss
    you are 100% right but since it is almost impossible to get ideal spring for the vitz here so far the spacer/packing optino is the only simple option available out there, though i agree with you about the springs 100% (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@strom

thx storm bhai no prob
    can u please explain more i dont understand.. the ones i have right now ? or what

"..maintain original height by ensuring the rims & tyres you fit are the same height as the ones you have (overall height):

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vitz
    the original SCP10 (vitz) tyres are 155/80R13 on the 1.0L (1SZ-FE engine), that givese the tyres an overall height of 578mm. you must ensure that whatever you fit the overlal tyre height should be around 578mm.

you can do this by puttig a new set next to the old one (when off the car) and visually seeing if they are the same height, that is usually enough to get the right height.

I have fit 195/50R15's on my car (576mm) and as long as you fit rims with an offset (ET) of 38-45 you shoudl not encounter rubbing problems. My car has ET45 (offset) rims and they only rub when i cut hte steerig fully right, which is aceptable to me since i only do that at parking speeds. otherwise it never bottoms out or touches the bodywork.

Good luck.(Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thx a lot strom i really appreciate your assistance