0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Fuel Average

I need information about fuel average of Vitz, how many kilometers it does in one litre petrol?

Infact someone told me that Vitz costs 4 Rs/Km on petrol and 3 Rs/Km on CNG. If this is true then there is not much difference in fuel average whether to use petrol or CNG. I don't understand then why people convert it to CNG.

Please guide me as i have to decide for Vitz and its important information i would like to have from experts.

Thanks in anticipation for your expert views.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also want to know the mileage of vitz on petrol. Mine 2003 vitz seems to go 11-12 km with AC. Mine engine is tuned with all plugs, filters and oil recently replaced.

Is this the right one. If not how to increase mileage.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A friend's Vitz used to give about 15 kms/liter with AC...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar i got 11-12 with a/c on cng ( same wid petrol)
    & around 13 widout a/c on cng ( but never i got 14)
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

acrobat did you get your answer by someone else? What did you decide? I mean, over here there is no certain answer from any Vitz owner. My friend told me his Vitz 2004 runs 90-100km (depending on the traffic) on full tank with AC
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

11-13km with ac, carefull driving
    catalic converter not removed.

55rs/13 == 4.3 RS/km
    44rs/11 == 5.0 RS/km

my honda city vario does the same figures
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vits average iz really bad on CNDbut impressive on Petrol...we hav 2 cars in family both have same problem comparitive to mehran
    Im not intrested in cars....Im intrested in technolgy .
    ??? ???? ? ????? ????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So is it worth it to get a CNG kit installed in Vitz? Also, with catalytic converter removed, does it produce more or lesser mileage?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my cuzin's 2004 vitz gives 500 km with A/C in full tank(38 ltrs)..which means almost 15kms/lts with A/C.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz Avg on petrol is v good...
    mine giving almost 14-15kmz.....
    Dunno abt CNG....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HunnyAhmed: Yeah but there is a 5km difference! 15km/liter is something that's not shocking but 20 is!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep vitz petrol avg is cool mine is very good as well.. i am sure its above 15. depends on the model so dont compare every car in same line. mine is 04.. so 99-02 might not produce same results.

I dont know how its on CNG but i really want to know how it works although i am pretty sure this car will never like CNG.. its a trend now to convert every car to CNG even if its new accord or xli or vti .. as for the vitz i will highly recommend you to keep it on petrol it does not count so much.. here is my status my office is almost 45-50 min of drive from my home and it costs me around 2500-3000 max rupess per month so i will never go for CNG.

One thing more find a good petrol pump.. i have noticed lots of shell and caltex pumps are cheaters.. they never puts in what you pay PSO is good and difference is quite noticeable so better choose 2-3 pumps which are reliable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@VITZ: My friend who owns a 2004 vitz told me that he gets around 90-100+ km/full cylinder with pressure 200. If the pressure is more than 200 then you are more likely to get more mileage on CNG. He also said that the average he gets on CNG is on the busy streets of Karachi that means traffic jam and all plus he never runs it without AC. I believe 90-100+ is good for an auto transmission car. My brother's Suzuki alto does 100-115 depending on the car's tuning.

I would like to add something to this whole CNG vs Petrol thing. Basically, I have also been trying to calculate stuff. I believe that if you don't plan to running your car more often then I guess running Vitz on Petrol should not prove to be that expensive. If you take your car out to your work only and your route is not heavily jammed every now and then, then I guess Petrol should be the first and only choice.

Now, if you are planning to use your car more frequently, if you visit your friends, relatives etc more often then you might wana consider CNG i.e. unless of course, you have got $$$ in your bank and don't really care about petrol expenses.

Infact someone told me that Vitz costs 4 Rs/Km on petrol and 3 Rs/Km on CNG. If this is true then there is not much difference in fuel average whether to use petrol or CNG. I don't understand then why people convert it to CNG.
    See there is a difference between the cost of CNG and Petrol. You get 1 liter petrol for Rs 54 and you get 1kg CNG for 33. The difference is either costing or saving you Rs 21. So, that means that even though your Vitz is producing almost the same results as it is on Petrol but it's costing you less. Also, if you are saving 1 rupee on every kilometer that you drive then know that you'll be saving 100 rupess every 100 kilometer.

Basically, it depends on your useage, the area/city where you live and your driving techniques (I am yet to learn more about driving techniques).

I will be getting my Vitz in 5 days inshAllah and I am planning to run it on Petrol for a month or so. I am gona see what results I am getting and how much am I paying for the Petrol. If it costs me an arm and a leg (and I am sure that it will), I'll defenitely go for CNG BUT, I will make sure that I drive it on Petrol for a few kilometers every other day if not every day.

Just my two cents
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshan

i agree bro there is a difference you might be traveling more although i just mentioned my office trip but off course i use it for other purposes too well i am against CNG on vitz not just because of money.. it automatic and even on petrol u can feel the difference between the pickup and power its not upto manual car and with AC and heavy tires your can expect more slow pick up.. i dont want to ruin up my car although you might be saving some money at the moment but you have to bear the maintenance ur engine life ..slow pickup ..loss of power and lots of other hassles. so i dont want to face these issues.. i just want smooth and lovely drive. neither do i have lots of $$$ in the bank but i certainly want to see my ride happy and i know vitz does not like CNG at all. Also for a good CNG Conversion it costs upto 40-45k and other tuning charges as well. you will be recovering that amount in 2-3 years + lots of hassles and tuning charges

Its upto your choice you might not agree but its true vitz will be very economical believe me, according to my knowledge CNG works best on bigger and powerful engines 1.3+.

sd
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar i have vitz 2003. its first owner since 2003. i have brought here in khi in 2006. its gives me on A\C in city 17km\ltr, & on highway on A\C it gave me 25km\ltr. many people dont believe that. my engine is in stock condition. the plugs etc are of company factory fitted in 2003 when it was manufactured. my engine is also soundless. i drive very carefully. my engine is very very new. so i dont need cng. seriously i hate cng.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
    >>>>D£Ŧƛᵯƛ§Ø ƁØ¥§<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zeeshansyed

You're becoming an expert on vitz!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vitz 2000 giving 9kms/per Ltr with AC
    its not good what should i do ?
    J.A.K LAW ASSOCIATES F-8 DISTRICT COURTS ISLAMABAD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys,
    I've got Vitz 01 and got CNG fitted in it. the cylinder is of 40 kgs or litres (whatever), which is filled up in around Rs 200. the mileage with AC is as fol :
    Long route 120-130 kms - around 1.5 to 1.6 rs/km
    Inside City 90-100 kms - around 2 to 2.25 rs/km
    i think that with luxuries and qualities offered in this car, the mileage cannot get better than this.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaamz All,
    Well guyys I have a Vitz 2004, fitted with Landirenzo Kit, Advancer and emulator and a 55 KG Cylinder. On the busy streets of Lahore with full time A/C it gives me 110 KMs, and on highways doing intercity it gives me 170 KMs.
    What I have leant from experience is that the biggest factor towards the mileage thing is how HARD you drive it? and how many engnie starts are involved in burning all the cylinders gas.
    On my way from Lahore to Multan (340 KMs), I got two speeding tickets and reached there in 3.5 hours, the average was 145, on the way back from Multan to Lahore I drove like an ACHHAA BACHHAA and reached back in 5.5 hours and did 170 KMs per cylinder (and offcourse did not get any tickets ).
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tyrone_40: Hahaha, not at all my brother! It's only what I have learned from you guys and some calculations based on simple logic. This place is soooooo good to learn. I have NEVER had such a huge learning experience in a local forum. I am amazed to see the number of brilliant people they have here on PakWheels. Truely, I am turning into a PakWheels.com fan and it's all because of guys like you who share their thoughts and experience with complete devotion and honesty! And oh hey, u shud come online on MSN more often We have hardly ever had a proper conversation.

@cooljamshed: Check the Vitz Owner's Club thread. It has all the information you need. Try out all of that and even then if you face any problem, you might wana ask there on that thread.

@Adnan34 - @Cache: You guys have just shared some BRILLIANT info. Seriously, it will help a LOT of people make an informed decision. Great work you guys!
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List