0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Expert help on Vitz '99

Salams to all. Wish I had found this forum earlier! Have been a vitz '99 (silver, a/t, no cng) owner for about a year and over all it's been a great experience and very good value for the money!

Except for a minor issue that started about 3 months ago. And that's what I was searching on when I found PW.COM.

So here goes...

Some times, when accelerating from dead stop (e.g. at a signal) the car wouldn't respond. It would go max to 5kmh for 2-3 seconds... during this time if I press the pedal more, the car sort of starts choking... and after 2-3 seconds everything is back to normal. Once it starts accelerating, it runs as good as anything and nobody can say there's something wrong with the car!!

Now this problem used to occur very rarely. It was more noticeable when there was some load (e.g. a/c was on, more than 2 ppl were sitting or car was on a climbing road).

During the past 3 months, since I first noticed this, the problem has slowly become more and more noticeable. Now everytime I start from a dead stop on a slightly climbing road, I see the 2-3 second lag in response. Even the choking has now become so severe that during this time the brakes become hard (maybe enough power is not being produced).

I have already changed the spark plugs and gotten the throttle body cleaned up (don't know if the mechanic did it correctly). The "engine check" light is also normal - doesn't light up after the car is started. According to the silencer guy and a mechanic, the problem is not with the cat converter either. Now I have to leave the car with the mechanic as he'll clean up the sensor (probably the O2 sensor on the air intake) and see if it solves the problem. Otherwise he says that sensor will need to be replaced.

Any suggestions?

Plus, now that I think of it, it seems the most significant degradation came after the last service/wash done. Also, there is a very minor knocking sound that has developed along with this problem. Have tried hi octane too but even that doesn't reduce the slight knocking sound.

Will appreciate the help. Thanks.

A. Moiz
    -

JCM
    Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

error time is 2 to 3 second if any manual or physical equpment perfrom malfunction it require more time..

remember VITZ EFI controll via Programming burned in IC's.. local language Vitz EFI Electronic Card..

take your car to any goood workshop where thay have computer dign ... thay will tell you the exect problem

i've 300 vitz at my place i face these types of issue on daily basis..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

300 vitz r u an importer?
    There is nothing in this world that can end your potentials for doing something..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the guy already said the problem is found and fixed.still people are giving solution's

@jcm
    u work at karachi dry port ?
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

JCM
    Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm exporter (Japan) not importer.. "hash4u" bro.. with all your respect. karahi is not dry port..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@moizp

what was the price of the component u changed?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mwaqar

Got the air sensor for Rs.2.5k. Another source was giving at 4k. Toyota doesn't have these parts, so they also buy from the market, so price can vary.

@tyrone_40

On Khalid B. W. Road... going from Shaheed-e-Millat end to the other end (Noorani Kabab), you'll see it on your right. Can't miss it. The cost of 40k maintenance (since my car has crossed 80k km - yes hopefully untampered car) was 2.5k. Further 2k were spent on the fluids (coolant, brake, ATF).

Update is that after the service, the left rear brake started making some noise. Took the car back to them and they fixed it (for free ofcourse). Also, there was some thing different about the response... e.g. late shifts. I suspected it was the wrong ATF (they had put in D-II instead of the recommended T-IV). So I spent another 1.5k on T-IV and got it changed. The car is now running quietter, smoother and not late shifting either.

I plan on getting CNG installed now (after enjoying petrol drive for about an year) . The place where I'm getting this done from claims to have fixed cng on almost 100 vitz and I've heard they do a good job. Any recommendations? They suggest a 50k cylinder for vitz with Tomasetto Achille kit (with emulator and advancer). And what is lambda? Is it needed? Heard it costs around 15k???
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List