108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Suspension Question

hey a.salam, all experts and Vitz experts, ive been feeling that my car is a lil hard, on jumps, bumps, and things like that, i mean its stiff, this is real life and not NFS so the suspension cannot be adjsted from soft or hard, i was jst wondering if any one has opted for a shock absorber & springs change for a Vitz Front and rear....

i have tried Platz springs in the front, but its the same, and i guess i also hear sum Tuk Tuk noises from the right front, while going on bumpy roads so either its the bushes or the shock absorber, .........

i have also replaced a front right shock absorber *( as it leaked i had a hard jump at a speed breaker at seaview)

i jst wanted to noe that wat cost can incur if a go for all brand new shockers, and springs, and bushing wagera. and wat else can be the problem

or is there any other solution for the stiff suspension........

please help ur replies wud be realy help ful .....

Thankx in advance.....

Murtaza Shahid.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you recall i already changed the shocks on my vitz and i gave the prices in the vitz owners club thread.

It's never advisable to change just one shock. and honestly speaking if you hit a speed breaker or anything so hard that you felt as if you have damaged a shock the chances are you have done more damage than just that.

generally speaking it's also a bad idea to mix and match parts from other cars so i'd suggest you stick to the original springs and get new shocks all around.

the main reason you may feel that the car is really stiff is because local cars flex and imports don't.

appart from getting an aftermarket set of soft dampers i think you only have one choice, get originals. BTW what size tyres and rims do you have on your car. you'd be surprised how much of a difference these things can make to the ride of a car, and remember that bigger is not always better when it comes to tyres.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx for ur reply sameer bhai,
    umm well actually dunt remebr, ill check the vitz owners thread, again well replacing the shocker stoped those wierd noises from the front end, then the car became a lil low, ( spring beth gai they) to i replaced the springs, now as i dunt get a chance to sit at the rear of my vitz a friend today sat and told me "that i may need a new rear susupension as its too stif" and i drove a friends car and its realy soft

im using 185-65-14,( i noe its the wrong size) ... (yokohama A-539) and same is the case with my friend but hes using (dunlop lemans lm702)

and the person who did the suspension work is obviusly a layman, but said that vitz and platz have the same things its jst that platzes parts are better in quality or sum thing like that. but i got them new.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

b.t.w wat do u mean by soft dampers??

and one last question do the springs also play a role in the softness of the car or only the shocker does that..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If i'm not wrong, storm quoted 12K in his post somewhere for the new suspension.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

185/65R14 is being 3.5% too big for car, this is making problem for suspension.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^I don't think tht little increase in the profile can harm the suspension..185/60R14 is the ideal match. It does affect your speed reading but isn't tht 5% extra profile making your suspension to do less work?

I may be wrong. Can anyone explain this technically?
    1. Live and LET Live !

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

problem is being that tyre is too big for car and it increasing load on suspension parts. this making problem for shock absorber on bound and rebound as it working too hard and slowly causing shock to heating up and losing ability to working correctly. this is be leading to premature wear and failure in component. this car is designing to working within certain parameter and this tyre size is simply being too big.

if you looking at difference of load on wheel bearing & suspension with increase in even 2% tyre size you noticing that car can behaving strange and parts can be failing (more common in small car). in this member case the wheel is being near 3.5%

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all, thanks for replying, changing tyres is not a option for me, now if i get the new suspension, i should go for the shockers only or the springs also??...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey check out my thread

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!76352~ForumID!27~page!5~pw.h tml

Im using adjustable coilovers in VITZ and Running 15" but have to go with spacers in front rims mite remove after the tires got a litle bit shrink or u can say ghiss jaien ga after some miles.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wassay, thanx for ur reply but as far as i noe, spacers only make the car stiffer, which already is my problem.

my tires are new i got them in feb 08 there manufacture 28th week of 2007, so most probably the shockers have become hard and arent taking shocks anymore, and forwarding it to the cabin, or may be because of the wrong tire size, althoug its not giving me trobles, but my city, corola, baleno, are less nosier, in VITZ i can actually feel dhuzz dhuzz... thug thug......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    Yes sir springs play a vital role in making your ride stiff or soft ... i would recommend you to get those stock vits coil springs back and put spacers with them if you need to increase the height i m telling you on the basis of experience....
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Chinyoti

I have the same tire size on my car as yours. And dude, vitz has a very soft ride (in fact too much soft). There's definitely something wrong with your shock absorbers.
    1. Live and LET Live !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ vitz owners

I also felt the wave of duzz duzz, whenever pass over a bump. I thought my front and rear shocks are not working properly. Then I purchased new rear shocks, replaced the old ones. The front shocks were also opened and thoroughly checked but the front are ok.

After that I still feel the duzz duzz wave in the cabin. Now I assume that VITZ is not good shock absorber as compared to my Corolla 86.

So we have to accept it as it is.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Rafay, well ure very rite, thats y em a lil worried coz my friends ride is really soft, as if ure driving a city, or sumthing like that, but my isnt, and remember i posted thoose pics how to reduce the noise which came from door locks, but this is like dhuga dhugg, if u ever pass thru KH_E_ Itehad, u must have noticed they have reflectors there to reduce speeeds, wen ever i pass my vitz thru that dhurrr dhurr dhurrr...... first i thout the speaker board made noises but its not like that either, and in my baleno its lyk thuk thuk and finish

@all, i guess then vitzes suspension isnt gud enuff for our pakki Road conditions... well em definetly going for the Spring Swap to Vitzes from from Platzes, but i still need to worry about the rear suspension being stiff....

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and other suggestions are welcumed..

^aantherax, Sir spacers, no never, i jst hate wen people do that to their cars,,, its like so mch lifted from the rear end as if the cars caling sum one to hit it from the back, the front end jst liking the roads..... (no offence), well i have got spacers (0.75'') in BALENO after cng but that only to get the genuine height back....

any other suggestions are welcumed..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vitz does make dhurr dhurr sounds when passing on cat eyes. Which i think, is because of the plastic material used in the cabin. I always try to avoid them and slow down most of the time.

Btw..Stiff springs for the rear are available in the market. they're the same size as the stock ones. so the car doesn't go down when you have CNG cylinder at the back.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir jee putting CNG coil springs increase the height but putting spacers on stock spring just increase the height by 2 inches only
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When i bought them i compared them with the stock ones and they were the same size. The only difference was that they were stiffer.

Proof: See, This is my car and it has 50l cylinder at the back on CNG springs. It doesn't look lifted from the back.
    Vitz Suspension Question -891781

These are Vitzrulez and Sam_007's ride with no cng and they have put spacers. Notice the gap between rear tires and the body.

Vitz Suspension Question -891782
    1. Live and LET Live !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rafay, yar its already stiff

@all, my mechanic, said that 30psi is too much for karachi counditions and the bigger tyres add more misery, he sujested me to keep 28psi, and try to pack all dhug dhug areas, yesterday was sunday, i have personaly felt a better drive but still il go the the mechanic and ask him to inspect

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where to get good springs for vitz in karachi? also am not satisfied with my shockers... how can i test whether i need new ones?

just installed brand new CNG (50L wala cylinder).. hits EVERY SPEED BREAKER!! waat lag rahee hay gareee kee neechay say
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List