122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Improving Economy of Vitz 05

I bought a Vitz 05 sometime before last Eid. The fuel consumption was extremely low, around 8kmpl local. Now it is 14kmpl local minimum and 17 kmpl on highway /motorway at speeds between 120 and 140. Max speed of the car 160 and at times it touches 170 on flat roads. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Washed clean the throttle body with petrol. Sensor should be carefully washed.
    2. Cleaned plugs, another tricky job and not recommended without exact knowledge.
    3. Put genuine air cleaner.
    4. Replaced all three mufflers with local ones .. original are still with me. Now CAT is out.
    5. Cleaned EFI and oxygen sensors, care required.
    6. Put ZIC non-syth oil. I don't agree with using synth oil in 1000cc cars, specially used ones.

Next on the list is to change plugs but out of budget for now. Overall the engine sound is excellent and pick is great. Used Hi-Octane in 1:3 ratio once but otherwise it behaves ok, so don't feel the need to continue wih the practise.

Anyone needind help ... I'll be more than happy. Comments and querries are also welcome as I did a lot of research before doing any one job
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i get all your points but not the 4th point.. What do you mean by replacing all three mufflers??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

170 on a 3 cylinder 1000cc car , are you serious . .
    I Love JDM Cars . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

afnan_88
    Well i have touched till 140km/h in karachi and would have even crossed more unless the road wouldnt have come to an end..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ive seen an alto vxr going beyond 150kmph on CNG bro.vitz wod definitely b able to do so.did 173kmph on 2.OD Saloon 2006 on motorway,203kmph on oriel prosmatec 2008 model,130kmph plus in mehran!n no jokes bro.
    'RESPECT',DIY projects: 1) 'CRUISEMATEC' 1st PKDM 8th Gen Civic with OEM Honda CRUISE CONTROL 2)Steering Audio Controls 3)AUX for OEM 8th Gen 6 CD CHANGER 4)Leather RED H logo!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what do u mean by cleaned EFI?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sarsalans
    there are three mufflers in vitz 05. one has CAT(in engine compartment) . one has a normal mesh(rear main one) and one is a bit smaller in the middle but hollow from inside. i removed CAT first and replaced it with a pipe, but output noise was too loud then replaced the rear muffler.still no good, plus with more pressure the car at idle vibrates so finally two small mufflers were put in place of middle dholki. everything is fine now. have taken snaps of whole process in my mob, will load them soon.

@afnan
    my car is on petrol no cng. it easily touches 160kmph anytime but at times it also touched 170kmph, the road was flat as it seemed. next time i'll make a video clip but won't try it on any other road it is too risky.

@inspire
    EFI sensors, the three sensors on top. just open and clean them preferrably with a carburetor cleaner type spray. This part was done by toyota motors, as they say the sensor tips are too delicate and may malfunc, if not properly done.
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have tocuhed 160 on My vitz couple of times!
    http://www.haseebawan.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DO NOT remove all the mufflers, just get the cat opened adn clened out (remove honeycomb) or replace the cat with a small muffler, but that is it.

removing a good OEM muffler and replacing it with a pathetic locally made one is one of the worst ideas in the world.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    First of all, please accept my belated smypathies on your serious accident. By the time I read your thread it had so much progressed that I felt emberressed to join in. All I would say is that Allah has mysterious ways of rewarding His people, you never know if it is a blessing in desguise.

Now to your comments: I also agree that the CAT may be replaced with a small muffler but I got in a sequence of actions were reverting back and experimenting would have costed me more. That is why I am keeping the original mufflers with me. And the fact that CAT is a costly item, the price has not been appreciated in Pakistan as yet, but it will be sooner or later.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

naweed, no need to be embarrased sir, the point of the thread was mainly for safety and to explain why i have been MIA.

now for the cat, indeed they are worth quite alot of money, but untill someone figures out how to remove the platinum from them OR till we get lead free fuel they will never appreciate in value.

I get your point about the cost thing, that is always a alot factor for most people when doing experiments, same thign happend to me with my 1996 Vti, woudl have worked out cheaper to simply buy a local backbox and headers, but back then neither were available so i ended up importing them (12 years later and they are available EVERYWHERE, LOL!)

great thread (Y)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    Thanks for support. I can always help you in purchasing new parts. A few contacts with local supplier here and there. I suppose you are looking for a kabli wind screen. Kabli is out my reach, so let me know whenever you need a new part and it is not available in market or you think it is too expansive.

I opened the thread to help others as generally people are still not clear about CAT removal, as vitz club doesn't cover the area for 2005 onwards model. Plus some people like me get an initial shock when they buy this car and don't get a decent fuel economy.

I have all the manuals for vitz 05 in softcopy if someone needs it.

Wish you best in quick recovery of your family and repair of your wheels. I'll be more than honoured to be of any assisstance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi dear i have vitz-2000 n facing same problem of low millage Approx. 7-9 km/litre wt should i do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^
    I think your car is automatic.
    Firstly don't push on accelerator in local driving rather keep it in as high a gear as possible. This is one of the major effects.
    Second is air flow, air cleaner be changed max after 10,000km with genuine. Exhaust should give good air pressure( meaning CAT is not choked). There should be no smell of unburnt fuel from exhaust gases. Which means mixture requires adjustment or is incorrect.
    Lasltly is plugs and wires, vitz 05 with irridium tipped plugs has a std gap of 1.1mm ... no idea about previous models.
    Sensors which control oxygen and fuel flow also need to be clean. A good and clean engine oil also ads to fuel economy.
    Hope it helps

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wt abt the fuel filter n pump?? hows th pick of ur car?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as I know the filter is built in the pump and the whole unit costs 14000/- approx, so can't affort that. Pick of my car is ok. As it automatic so initial pick is pathatic but once it touches 30-40kmph then it is quite good for a 1000cc car. My previous car was city 02 and in comparison I feel a lot of difference. City is superb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I drive 2006 Vitz A/T. No problem, but the engine noise. I feel too much engine noise especially when u accelerate after a stop. Is it common or u can improve on this? I get about 16/L city driving, mainly due to driving habits.

You mention about Vitz manual, soft copy. Is it Vitz or Yaris. If it is Vitz I need one. How? Cheers
    “Do or do not ? ? ? ? there is no try . . . no success”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regular and on time servicing always helps that. By servicing I don't mean car wash stuff, I mean changing oil on time, plugs, filters etc
    Thy name is Sumair Thy love Skyline Thy is very interested in DRIFTING Thy has PHD in drifting from the university of Street Racing!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Naweed
    Naweed bhai i also want the manuals for my Vitz 05.. How can i get it??
    And please can you tell me that what or where is the throttle body??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam,

I bought a Vitz 05 couple of weeks back. The car is Masha'Allah excellent in consumption wise and power wise.
    But I have one observation/concern. It knocks too much on slow speed, or pushing the accelerator slowly.
    I have tunned my car as well, cleaned thortle body, cleaned plugs, changed oil, both oil and air filters.

Used the synth PAO (LG) oil and car smooth running really increased. Much diff. felt from normal Havoline Oil.

All the good mechanics are saying that this knocking will not be completely finished, it is due to the fuel.

So what experts on this forum says. Also what about the GPS system in the car. I don't have the software for it. Where can I find one?
    What about if the player can be used for DVD playing or VCD?

Looking forward to your prompt replies.
    Allah hafiz,
    Irfan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List