I bought a Vitz 05 sometime before last Eid. The fuel consumption was extremely low, around 8kmpl local. Now it is 14kmpl local minimum and 17 kmpl on highway /motorway at speeds between 120 and 140. Max speed of the car 160 and at times it touches 170 on flat roads. Here is what I have done so far:
1. Washed clean the throttle body with petrol. Sensor should be carefully washed.
2. Cleaned plugs, another tricky job and not recommended without exact knowledge.
3. Put genuine air cleaner.
4. Replaced all three mufflers with local ones .. original are still with me. Now CAT is out.
5. Cleaned EFI and oxygen sensors, care required.
6. Put ZIC non-syth oil. I don't agree with using synth oil in 1000cc cars, specially used ones.
Next on the list is to change plugs but out of budget for now. Overall the engine sound is excellent and pick is great. Used Hi-Octane in 1:3 ratio once but otherwise it behaves ok, so don't feel the need to continue wih the practise.
Anyone needind help ... I'll be more than happy. Comments and querries are also welcome as I did a lot of research before doing any one job
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad