122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Urgent Help Req .. Vitz 05 ATF

Yesterday I got Auto Trans Fluid of my vitz 05 changed. After going thru manual and info on net ... I purchased 3 litre toyota ATF-IV but all of it has been filled yet there is no over flow indication .. I think it should have been 2.5 litres ae max ... tried consulting local toyota motors, few mechanics, etc. No confident reply.

What is the exact quantity of oil required in vitz 05 transmission? I have run some 20kms so far will any damage of over or under filling have occured by now? Any contact nos will be appreciated
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are you facing any problem in gear shifting...try on the long.....give some sudden jerks...if it shifts normally

its oki nothng to worry about it...

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you don't know how much capacity of ATF it can be check in cold condition like morning, start engine shift pos in P then pull dip stick clean it insert again then pull again check where oil level show its position "it must be at cold high" or cold which ever mention on dip stick if up from it lose ur drain bolt slightly drop some and check again if engine in hot cond oil level must on hot level, that work is hard but not on price of ur exp trans.
    Autolite Xtreme Performance Iridium spark plugs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check for the ATF Fluid capacity in the owner's manual, that is the ATF fluid that your transmission needs.
    remember that ATF readings are different for an automatic transmission ( hot and cold)

Yes having less ATF or more ATF would indeed cause damage depending on how overfilled or underfilled the transmission is. YOur ok caz even if the transmission fluid is slow or high, u did not drive a whole lot.

Do not drive the car however, unless and untill ur 100% sure that u have the right quantity of the fluid.

it is also best to leave such jobs to Toyota dealers as opposed to relying on petrol stations and third party mechanics..

I hope u do know that there is transmission filter for a vitz automatic transmssion, just like your engine does.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see that ur in islamabad, if u dont have owners manual with u than u should consider asking toyota islamabad, abpara or Toyota i 10. both are good with knowledgeable technicians.. again, i would reccoemdn that you do not drive the car AT ALL unless and untill u know the exact quantity of fluid. it may not be a bad idea to drain all the fluid and put new fluid in, just to be on the safe side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks ATI41 .... MY permenant residence is in rawalpindi but these days i'm in multan for some while. Anyways .. i'll surely call toyota motors islamabad first thing in the morning. The only user manual every vitz owner here on
    pw has is of 2007 model and probably for 1500cc though i am not sure. Nothing more is technically available on net
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raufnadeem
    I failed to find a dip stick in this transmission ... there is a filling hole on top with plastic cap ... a level chack nut on side as i presume but no dipstick

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i think there should be an indication on the side of the hole....if im not wrong
    Toyota Engineered for the BEST.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AVOID DEALERSHIPS

PREFER WELL REPUTED LOCAL VENDORS AND TECHNICIANS

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

normally transmission oil level is checked with engine in running condition (hot temp)... there must be a dip stick to check oil level...
    one more thing if the oil level in transmission is less then required... it will start shifting gears late and check transmission ligt will also pop up.. (N light blinking while car is in D)... frequency of blink will tell u if oil is getting heated up but is below required level... might be different for different cars...

u can get an estimate of how much oil was drained out of the tranny and fill in approx the same quantity...
    these r few things i consider while changing tranny oil of my 97 Lancer auto... since i dont have any manual around

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All automatics have dip sticks.. It is just a matter of locating it.. May be vitz owners can help here.

Checking Transmission Fluid Level

Put your foot on the brake and move a few times from park to R, N, D and other Gears. Do it a few times ( 2 or 3 is sufficient) and than check the fluid. it should be near or at the hot mark.

Remember that UNLIKE Engine Oil a Tranmission Fluid DOES NOT change color as it ages (used). The color of the tranmission fluid stays EXACTLY the same regardless of how old it gets in a normal transmission.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Naweed
    In Vitz 2005 there in no dipstick to check the level of transmission oil. Only way you could see it from the fill bolt. The car had to be at full operating temperature, remove the fill bolt and u could see the quantity of oil. The Yaris manual says it should be 2.5L. If u put 3L, may be it is overfill.
    “Do or do not ? ? ? ? there is no try . . . no success”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Problem solved.....thanks for everybody's help and advice.

Just for knowledge of others the vitz 05 onwards has a check bolt UNDER THE gear box, yes... under the gear box sump .. even check is written in bolds there. Secondly it has a capacity of 3.5 litres. Third to change oil first remove complete sump then after fitting it back loosen or remove check nut now start filling from side window (after removing its nut). When the level completes the bottom nut will start dripping oil and thats the limit.

Found a nice and competent guy at toyota motors today and got the job done free of cost ... My prayers to all those who know their job and kind hearted as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any Idea which ATF should be used i have changed my Vitz 05 oil to ZIC ATF type 3
    some people says Type 4 ...My mechanic says for new vitz its type 3..
    Yes new vitz has no dip stick, u have to check from bolt(which can be checked by a mechanic). i have filled it with 3 liters.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HAshims View Post
    Any Idea which ATF should be used i have changed my Vitz 05 oil to ZIC ATF type 3
    some people says Type 4 ...My mechanic says for new vitz its type 3..
    Yes new vitz has no dip stick, u have to check from bolt(which can be checked by a mechanic). i have filled it with 3 liters.
    i only know the old vitz used type 4, not sure about the cars after 05 though.

never trust the mechanics though as most are as knowledgeable as an untrained monkey, check the owners manual.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    i only know the old vitz used type 4, not sure about the cars after 05 though.

never trust the mechanics though as most are as knowledgeable as an untrained monkey, check the owners manual.
    Thanks @storm well he is dealing with our cars from last 8 years. So he thinks 10 times before doing anything to our cars. He is like brother to me. Please reply to my message at Vitz owners club
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for your information only, vitz with CVT don't need to have the oil changed (atleast before 100,000 km) and if you desire, use only ATF-WS and nothing other than that. I don't know if ATFWS is available here in Pakistan, but after a lot of research and talking to goras, one in Toyota dealership, head of technical department, whom I know through a forum.. he said that these transmissions don't need to have the oil changed, however, if there is a problem or UPON first inspection which is at about 100,000 kilometers something is fishy, they change it. Otherwise there is no need to change nor you can put in any other ATF than ATF WS. Good luck.

And the new vitz with CVT doesn't have a dipstick, it has a nut on top to fill and one on the bottom to drain, you just fill it till the upper nut (which is essentially at the left side of the trans) and let it go.

What year VITZ you've got exactly?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one tell What is the exact quantity of oil for auto transmission required in vitz 99 ?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List