1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VITZ Auto Drive Feature

Hello. I am Abdul Qayyum from Lahore. I have bought Toyota Vitz Model 2003 in December 2006. It has been fantastic experience uptill know. it has so far no repair work except oil/ filter change, plugs, brake pads. It's giving me mileage of 11-13 kms per litre. I just want to know one thing that is

In my car over drive (O/D) feature when you start car is by default on. which mode should be used with in city for better milage (O/D) On or Off?

Also i want to share one information that is
    My car(Vitz) is automatic and during each wash it's engine is washed with petrol+detergent and then washed with water and then air pressure to dry parts and it's working fine so far so good. I have pratisced this three to four times and i have no problem with engine wash as well and all censors are working fine.
    It has two advantages
    engine remains new
    Water radiator remains clean of dust and other materials.

Well if you want any other information regarding vitz you can contact me any time you are more than welcomed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I mistakenly wrote wrong.
    ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Sam_vitz007

See i told you its ok.
    1. Live and LET Live !

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Information needed

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Always keep OD On !
    Dear i have vitz 2008 would you plz tell me what is OD?

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have bought vitz 2000 and confused in O/D feature. can you tell me when you press the O/D button which is in below your gear shifter then no display show in dashboard " O/D Off " that mean actual O/D is off .

Thanks
    Asif Naseem
    asif_mnaseem@yahoo.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AbdulQayyum View Post
    Hello. I am Abdul Qayyum from Lahore. I have bought Toyota Vitz Model 2003 in December 2006. It has been fantastic experience uptill know. it has so far no repair work except oil/ filter change, plugs, brake pads. It's giving me mileage of 11-13 kms per litre. I just want to know one thing that is

In my car over drive (O/D) feature when you start car is by default on. which mode should be used with in city for better milage (O/D) On or Off?

Also i want to share one information that is
    My car(Vitz) is automatic and during each wash it's engine is washed with petrol+detergent and then washed with water and then air pressure to dry parts and it's working fine so far so good. I have pratisced this three to four times and i have no problem with engine wash as well and all censors are working fine.
    It has two advantages
    engine remains new
    Water radiator remains clean of dust and other materials.

Well if you want any other information regarding vitz you can contact me any time you are more than welcomed.
    Bro... let me first explain the meaning of word "Overdrive" to you. When moving in lower gears, your car is low on speed n high on power and as u shift the gears up, the inverse relationship starts to act. Your car gains speed but the power gradually decreases and the same is visible on your RPM meter. In a layman's language, In lower gears, the engine revolution will be more than the revolution of your wheels. Input revolution will be more than output revolution. As u shift the gears up, the engine revolution starts to drop and your wheels revolution increases. At one point, the engine revolution will become equal to the revolution of your wheels. input=output. That's known as a 1:1 drive or a direct drive. The moment your wheels start revolving faster than the engine revolution, u achieve an Overdrive. input<output. Generally, 5th gear in almost all vehicles is an Overdrive gear. Within city, keep it off... u don't need speeds above 70-80 kmph... going uphill or downhill, keep it off because u need power n engine braking, not speed. when u need a quick overtake, turn it off. Your car needs power now. Top gear of your car will not be engaged when it's off. On highways keep it on. It will give u fuel economy on high speed. Within city, on lower speeds, it hardly matters whether it's on or off .. You will otherwise be limited to 3rd gear.
    No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfils a man's ego like an automobile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List