0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz scenario!!

Dear Pakwheelers!!

Hello!

I just bought a 2005 vitz with 08 registrations and 15 inch alloys with dunlop tyres. The car has been driven 40k. The car is total genuine, I had let it checked. Interior is totally clean. I had bought it for 900k. I think the price is quite high!! What to do you guys think. I am not an expert in buying cars, so I doubt the dealer has made a fool out of me!!

Another reason why I think like this is because I have to spend 5000 to tune the engine on the second day of buying the car, to make the engine run the way I want as it was bubbling a bit on the first day.

Above all that, yesterday the AC stopped cooling, the mechanic found out that the compressor is gone, so had to replace it with another one (used) for 8k. Now the thing is; I am wondering if this car is actually a shitty car like everyone at my home is saying, or is the compressor story just a bad luck??

Experts please give your opinion. Please tell me I did not make a wrong choice in buying a vitz , as everyone at my home and friends are saying that I have wasted my money and should have bought a cuore or a cultus in this price range, but I personally don't like locally assembled cars..

However I am actually enjoying the ride. it is pretty comfortable.

Another question was that I cannot run a cd in the CD player, can someone suggest me what to do..
    Beauty Wins the Heart, But Character Wins the Soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm...i'd agree to the thukk...50% buit the thing ijs if the car is worth it havent seen it...so....enjoy ur car bohat hota 50-100k kam mill jati but 1 thing i's day here....its a lot b8r car than cultus.However, i'd like to say that see stringray's vitz on PW...he's asking 900k....awesome awesome car....!
    The future of Automobile...Mercedes-Benz S Class Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Thanks buddy!!

Anyone else wants to comment!! Actually the car is doing fine now, I am feeling better now Allhamdolillah!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Fuwad

I am using a Vitz 2004 Lavender edition FL. Previously I was using a Cultus. I can safly say that the difference between a Cultus and a Vitz is just like a difference between "Guddhaa Gari" and a proper car.

Now I give U a formula of buying a Second hand car. No matter wot tha Oddometer shows, take it for granted that the car has done 25000 km to 30000 km a year, this is a universal formula(though the exceptions are always there). All the meters are tampered in these second hand JDMs. Like when I bought my car last year it was in imaculate condition and showed only 27000 KM on the oddo but I think that as it was a 2004 and I was buying it in 2008 that meant 25000 KM multiplied by the number of years which in my case came down to 100,000 Kms.

A 100,000 Kms on an averragly maintained toyota Z Gen and in your case K Gen engines is nothing. Your engine I am sure has got a good 300,000 Km life left in it if you miantain it properly and dont run it on CNG. CNG cuts the engine life by 75%.

Now the compressor Issue. I am sure the A/C Compressor must have been faulty from Japan and ur dealer or previous owner of the car must have known it, but my dear we live in a funny country where lying & Dhokka Baazee is part of every day life. So as you have changed it now it shudint be a problem.

Now the price issue. U paid 900,000 for a car which these days is for 925,000 to 950,000 unregisterd out of the showroom. I think your should not have been anything more then 850,000 but then you saved 25,000 rupees which you wud have paid for registration, so dont think much about that at all.

Your car might have a few more glitches or nasty surprises but once wid a bit of attention and money, U will be able to manage them. Once running smooth, toyotas are prety much Bullet proof, and unarguably Toyota Vitz is the best 1000cc car in the country & arguably one of the best in the world.

Enjoy it and take care.

P.S. please for god sake do not convert it on CNG the cost difference per kilometer is not more than 2 Rupees but trust me U will ruin your car.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ hsumbal1, Thanks for your kind and valuable reply. It was very encouraging, and I second you completely!!

Thanks once again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sometimes bad things happen

price is high.. but again.. last night i had a call from someone who wanted me to sell his vitz 2007, 1.0, F/L, for not less than 1150,000/-

i don't know why people r demanding so much.. or why r they so much money hungry...

for the used jappy.. remember... its a forth fifth hand that u drive.. don't take it as a brand new.. and defect free, since highest recalls happen in japan
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai dil chota na karo. you've made a very wise decision of buying vitz. and i think your deal is also fair. do post some some pics of ur car to get praise from all PWheelers.

Yeh to sab ke saath hi hota hay k jab gari lay laytay hain to or acchi or sasti gaarian nazar aanay lag jati hain. Fikar ki bat nahin, be happy on ur decision and enjoy it.
    UAEfied

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all .. Thanks,

I will post the pics of my ride once I clean it, its too dirty these days CIAO CIAO..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ hsumbal1

i totally agree with you. to add what he said here is my opinion you paid a little more than you should have. i think 825k would have been a great price. but more importantly if you are 100 percent sure the car is genuine then dont even think abt what you have already spent. it will give you great service. one thing i learned from my futile search for a vitz was dealers are big time liars they will hide stuff they dont want you to know. i paid token money twice only to take it back later after finding out the car wasn't genuine. even mechanics are cheats they know the dealers too well they will OK the car, take the money from you and then take their commission from the dealer later. so its really hard to trust these people. i knew my mechanic well and he charged me Rs.1000 (his normal rate is Rs.2000) and he picked up things i would never have picked up in a million years. so having a good trustworthy mechanic is cruical.

This car is way better than any of the local cars. dont even think abt comparing them. i think your compressor should be fine. do the regular maintenance and you are all set. and dont put CNG on it unless you really start hating this car and want to give it a long, slow, painful and torturios death.

i hope this car gives you years of trouble free service. good luck!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^825k...oops, that means I paid around 75k extra...damn. anyways, now the car is fine, so I am okay.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

825k is a conservative estimate. i checked the prices in Dec. before i left Pakistan.

forget the price its the car that you should be concerned abt now. dont kill yourself over what you paid. its not like you have been robbed. typically outstanding cars are sold at what you say in urdu "Monh boli keemat par". so it might be you bought one of those.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ good good, i get your point. Since the time you made a price check, the car prices have gone high for around 100k as far as per my info. That means I had an ok sort of price. hehe.

no problem buddy, you are right, i should be happy, and yes I AM!!

CIAO CIAO

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List