Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VWCOP Karachi Chapter

Salams to all VW owners and lovers,

Welcome to the Karachi Chapter of the Volkswagen Club of Pakistan!

Please feel free to join the club, there is no rigid criteria to qualify for the membership. Anyone who owns a VW, be it a pristine low mileage gem, a daily driven rat looker, or a basket case project can enter.

Please copy n paste the particulars from the following list and add your vehicle’s details here to help us create a database of the VWs in Karachi.

1. Owner’s name:
    2. Pakwheels nickname:
    3. Type of VW owned (Beetle, Micro bus, Variant, Ghia, Thing etc):
    4. Year of manufacture:
    5. Chassis number:
    6. Engine number:
    7. Engine displacement/cc:
    8. Any modifications done:
    9. Registration number:
    10. City of registration:
    11. Owned since:
    12. Number of previous owners:
    13. Vehicle’s nickname, if any:
    14. Vehicle’s mileage:
    15. Owned since (year):
    16. Color:
    17. Owner's contact number and email address:

Please try your best to provide all the above information. If you feel anything must be kept private (for example the registration number), you may email that info to my email address

asadishaque68@yahoo.com

If you have any suggestions to improve the above list or any other input, please don’t hesitate to voice your thoughts.

Best wishes and regards,
    Dr. Asad Ishaque.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    Since we stumbled upon the subject, is there a neat way to install seat belts in a bug? With the usual inertial seat belts, the machine is usually installed at the bottom of the pillar where it is a hindrance for passengers in the back. Non-inertial ones get spread out and tangled all over the place and also gets in the way. So i guess that leaves the lap belt? Where to get those? What about a harness?
    let me check and if required will try to purchase VW lap belts from Ebay if available.

Regards
    Mj

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since we stumbled upon the subject, is there a neat way to install seat belts in a bug? With the usual inertial seat belts, the machine is usually installed at the bottom of the pillar where it is a hindrance for passengers in the back. Non-inertial ones get spread out and tangled all over the place and also gets in the way. So i guess that leaves the lap belt? Where to get those? What about a harness?
    VWs started to come with seat belts installed as a standard equipment in 1967, before that seat belts were only offered as accessory at an additional cost payable at the VW dealership, where the seat belts were available as accessory.

Not all seat belts installed 67 onwards were retractable units. There were both lap as well as over shoulder options available over the years.

For points where the seat belts are mounted on a bug, read this post on my thread. A little more detail about seat belts in VWs is available on the previous page of the above post on my thread.

The hardware required to correctly mount seat belts on the bug include following special type of bolt/bolting cap that goes into the tunnel on the pan:

VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371480 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371481 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371482 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371483 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371484 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371485 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -371486

Above hardware unfortunately, not only has become hens teeth here in this part of the world but in west as well. Wolfsburg West used to offer repros but that too is no more available.

I have this single bolt/cap with me, thanks to @shahzebulhaq, which I plan to get replicated. If any of you want a set, let me know as I might be able to get these made rather quickly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    VWs started to come with seat belts installed as a standard equipment in 1967, before that seat belts were only offered as accessory at an additional cost payable at the VW dealership, where the seat belts were available as accessory.

Not all seat belts installed 67 onwards were retractable units. There were both lap as well as over shoulder options available over the years.

For points where the seat belts are mounted on a bug, read this post on my thread. A little more detail about seat belts in VWs is available on the previous page of the above post on my thread.

The hardware required to correctly mount seat belts on the bug include following special type of bolt/bolting cap that goes into the tunnel on the pan:

VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371480 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371481 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371482 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371483 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371484 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371485 VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 371486

Above hardware unfortunately, not only has become hens teeth here in this part of the world but in west as well. Wolfsburg West used to offer repros but that too is no more available.

I have this single bolt/cap with me, thanks to @shahzebulhaq, which I plan to get replicated. If any of you want a set, let me know as I might be able to get these made rather quickly.
    thank you for sharing above info please advise if we can install Suzuki Mehran seat belts in my 1302 it does have holes to fit belts but not sure if these will work in a bug

I am more interested to find out if 1965 bug has holes to fit seat belts as i could not locate any or may be they were cover/closed when it was rebuilt

Regards

Mj

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mjaffrani View Post
    thank you for sharing above info please advise if we can install Suzuki Mehran seat belts in my 1302 it does have holes to fit belts but not sure if these will work in a bug

I am more interested to find out if 1965 bug has holes to fit seat belts as i could not locate any or may be they were cover/closed when it was rebuilt

Regards

Mj
    I honestly have no idea if the mehran seat belts would fit your 1302 as I have never tried anything like that. But I am sure someone here would know what you are seeking an answer for.

About your 65 seat belt mounting locations, please click the link I provided in my last post.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    Salams,

Updating today....I just checked my month's schedule. Sat the 18th I get free from work around 4pm, Sun the 19th I have to sign in at 9pm.

Would it make sense to postpone till next weekend?? We can manage an evening meeting then, provided all others are free from commitments.

Waiting for your thoughts on this......
    Dr Asad, Mughal Sb and myself meet on Saturday to discuss next meetup but unfortunately no one else lurned up.

We decided to have next VW weekend on March 23rd, our first option was at forum parking as VCCCP is not having their show on 23rd incase forum parking is not available than we will meet at hill park parking (entrance from Ferozabad Police station).

We plan to meet at 110am and stay uptill 4 or 5pm so that we can have plenty of time to discuss future plan of VW Club Karachi.

Hope we will have excellent turn out and participants will exceed previous meet up

I will try to provide you update on location asap so that we can spread the word around before March.

Regards
    Mj

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dr Asad, Mughal Sb and myself meet on Saturday to discuss next meetup but unfortunately no one else lurned up.

We decided to have next VW weekend on March 23rd, our first option was at forum parking as VCCCP is not having their show on 23rd incase forum parking is not available than we will meet at hill park parking (entrance from Ferozabad Police station).

We plan to meet at 110am and stay uptill 4 or 5pm so that we can have plenty of time to discuss future plan of VW Club Karachi.

Hope we will have excellent turn out and participants will exceed previous meet up

I will try to provide you update on location asap so that we can spread the word around before March.

Regards
    Mj
    Thats good!!!
    But sorry from my side that I unfortunately could not join you people as I already had a plan to go for Cholistan Desert Challenge, so I was out of city from last 3 days...

Anyways,, its good to know that plan is finally decided for which both of us were ready and had been trying to meet since long.
    INSHA ALLAH I'll be the part of next VW Meet as planed for 23rd of March.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also apologize for not coming. Was busy with a wedding in the family plus exams. It should be noted that two different teams are planning for the meet. This conflict should be resolved. I'm referring to the fellows compiling the list of contacts at the last meet. I'll try to get their phone numbers so contact can be made. I think they're planning for 25th March. Also, 23rd March is Friday. A sunday is always feasible.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Did you Buy it

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    Few more pics from Interior & Engine bay.

VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 354205
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 354206
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 354207
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 354208
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter - 354209
    @ NashTrooper

Did you buy this beetle?? I think it's the one now standing at Shell Petrol Pump opposite Millenium.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I also apologize for not coming. Was busy with a wedding in the family plus exams. It should be noted that two different teams are planning for the meet. This conflict should be resolved. I'm referring to the fellows compiling the list of contacts at the last meet. I'll try to get their phone numbers so contact can be made. I think they're planning for 25th March. Also, 23rd March is Friday. A sunday is always feasible.
    You know that we never have issues of date and place. all i want is to have a meetup in March 23 or 25th both will do.

i would suggest we combine efforts and focus on one date and place. this should be done before March so that we can circulate the news. best way to communicate is to update comments here

Regards
    Mj

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regards
    Mj
    Hello all,

It was nice to meet up with Mr. Munawar J and have a long chat amongst cups of hot tea.

We decided on the 23rd of March but Naseem Sb and I had miscalculated a bit and thought it was falling on a Sunday.

Anyway and any day, we aim to gather at the Forum Parking lot provided we have suitable arrangement there beforehand. Else, the second option of Hill Park should do. I hope in case of the latter, we do not need any prior permission etc??? Can anyone shed light on this or if one lives nearby, confirm for us please?? The last time I visited Hill Park was somewhere in the 80s when it was still a decent spot for families. No idea of its state now.

If anyone has any suggestions for a third backup venue, pl voice your thoughts. I feel that the people from areas like Gulshan, Nazimabad, FB Area etc have difficulty commuting towards Clifton. The traffic factor would not be too bothersome on a Sunday but the distance is there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am surprised to learn that there is 'another team' trying to arrange a meet. I had no idea of this and do not know who those guys are but am most happy that at least we have a number of active people ready to implement ideas on ground.

Let me say what I believe on this subject here......everyone has the right to voice their individual opinions on this so we have a healthy discussion and debate rather than forming different 'teams'.

When goals are common, there is absolutely no need for teaming up, we are all, and must be ONE team.

The VWCOP, initiated and based in Islamabad are a jolly bunch of VW owners who have become close friends, ready to help each other and spend some very memorable times together. The pages on Pakwheels say it all about their mutually beneficial association. As far as Karachi is concerned, the members of the VWCOP not too long ago decided to have a formal "Karachi Chapter" so we may organize things at our end and get everyone on a common platform as (again) our goals are common. Myself was named as the person to head Karachi, though in all honesty I have failed to do much active work recently given my professional and family commitments.

When Munawar Jaffrani Sb organized the last meet titled as VW Weekend, I was very happy that someone had taken the initiative and most importantly I *JOINED* him rather than considering myself 'another team'. I did attend that meet but was mostly in the background driving one of Naseem Sbs VWs, a fabulous most original orange color 74 Bug.

So to conclude we just need to organize things a bit and get VW owners and lovers in Karachi onto a common platform. It would be best if everyone can voice their opinions here for a healthy discussion as it is convenient for all to view these pages.

Best wishes and regards to all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It should be noted that two different teams are planning for the meet. This conflict should be resolved. I'm referring to the fellows compiling the list of contacts at the last meet. I'll try to get their phone numbers so contact can be made. I think they're planning for 25th March. Also, 23rd March is Friday. A sunday is always feasible.
    Agreed with you,, I also remember that fellows collecting information from all Bug owners for next meet.. so we all should connect here for combine discussion.
    The 23rd of March is also a public holiday so I think date is not a problem here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ NashTrooper

Did you buy this beetle?? I think it's the one now standing at Shell Petrol Pump opposite Millenium.
    Not yet, but I am interested to have this.
    Yes this is the same ride, parked these days at Shell Askari.
    The owner is asking too much so another way for aquiring is underway.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Orange 74

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    Not yet, but I am interested to have this.
    Yes this is the same ride, parked these days at Shell Askari.
    The owner is asking too much so another way for aquiring is underway.
    Yes I talked to him. He is the new owner I think not the one who had it standing since last many years... it will be a veryyyy good project but only at 1/4th of the asking price.

@Asad and all

I have wanted to mention this but have not till now. MJ did ask manyyy times on the forum to arrange gtgs but for the last GTG at the PAF and then at the sea side a LOT OF credit must go to 'Lazeez' he literally went around the city distributing panaflexes it was a huge effort. He went to all the places at which he had seen a Beetle standing to throw in the invitation. Each of my three Beetles got individual invitations.

One fine night I heard a sound of a Beetle engine... my son said baba koee humaaree Beetle le ke ja rahaa hai. When I came out to check out who it was I found the GTG pamphlet stuck on my Beetles )

I saw panaflex at Syed Electrician, Syed Parts guy, Plaza etc they all said koee bachaa aayaa thaa foxy (oops) ka show ho rahaa hai.

I think 'Lazeez' can run an election campaign on his own ).

Both MJ and Lazeez deserve a pat on the back..
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=
    @Asad and all

I have wanted to mention this but have not till now. MJ did ask manyyy times on the forum to arrange gtgs but for the last GTG at the PAF and then at the sea side a LOT OF credit must go to 'Lazeez' he literally went around the city distributing panaflexes it was a huge effort. He went to all the places at which he had seen a Beetle standing to throw in the invitation. Each of my three Beetles got individual invitations.

One fine night I heard a sound of a Beetle engine... my son said baba koee humaaree Beetle le ke ja rahaa hai. When I came out to check out who it was I found the GTG pamphlet stuck on my Beetles )

I saw panaflex at Syed Electrician, Syed Parts guy, Plaza etc they all said koee bachaa aayaa thaa foxy (oops) ka show ho rahaa hai.

I think 'Lazeez' can run an election campaign on his own ).

Both MJ and Lazeez deserve a pat on the back..[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed Lazeez's effort must be acknowledged too, sorry I did not mention him. BTW, what is his real name???

Both him and MJ sb deserve all the credit and appreciation for the VW Weekend GTG.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Lazeez

Speak up apna naam batain shabash betaa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

His name is Harris Qavi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Harris Qavi AKA delicious!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its Haris Qayam. But you were close ... my friends call me lazeez.
    The team is not really any rival or anything and not even a team. Just a couple of ppl. I think they also don't know that anyone else is also organizing.
    @NaveedRizvi: Thank you for the compliments

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its Haris Qayam. But you were close ... my friends call me lazeez.
    The team is not really any rival or anything and not even a team. Just a couple of ppl. I think they also don't know that anyone else is also organizing.
    @NaveedRizvi: Thank you for the compliments
    Good that we have the mystery sorted Btw, just out of curiosity, can you tell us why you got that delicious nickname?

Regarding the other team, I had not implied any rivalry or tussle, as said earlier with common goals we all go hand in hand

Are those two gentlemen familiar with Pakwheels?? If not, pl introduce them here. That would make things simple for all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

User Tag List