Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VWCOP Karachi Chapter

Salams to all VW owners and lovers,

Welcome to the Karachi Chapter of the Volkswagen Club of Pakistan!

Please feel free to join the club, there is no rigid criteria to qualify for the membership. Anyone who owns a VW, be it a pristine low mileage gem, a daily driven rat looker, or a basket case project can enter.

Please copy n paste the particulars from the following list and add your vehicle’s details here to help us create a database of the VWs in Karachi.

1. Owner’s name:
    2. Pakwheels nickname:
    3. Type of VW owned (Beetle, Micro bus, Variant, Ghia, Thing etc):
    4. Year of manufacture:
    5. Chassis number:
    6. Engine number:
    7. Engine displacement/cc:
    8. Any modifications done:
    9. Registration number:
    10. City of registration:
    11. Owned since:
    12. Number of previous owners:
    13. Vehicle’s nickname, if any:
    14. Vehicle’s mileage:
    15. Owned since (year):
    16. Color:
    17. Owner's contact number and email address:

Please try your best to provide all the above information. If you feel anything must be kept private (for example the registration number), you may email that info to my email address

asadishaque68@yahoo.com

If you have any suggestions to improve the above list or any other input, please don’t hesitate to voice your thoughts.

Best wishes and regards,
    Dr. Asad Ishaque.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hillpark is fine with me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    if you delay till friday, how are you going to spread the word?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjaffrani View Post
    hillpark is fine with me
    So its confirmed now as Mr.Jaffrani also confirmed his availability and agreed to meet at Hill Park.
    So what about the Saturday at Beach Parking Lot??
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    So its confirmed now as Mr.Jaffrani also confirmed his availability and agreed to meet at Hill Park.
    So what about the Saturday at Beach Parking Lot??
    So it is official? Saturday 6th October. Hill Park. 5.30? Gives us about a little more than 3 hours till the start of autocross. About autocross, notify when informing about the meet. Whoever has time and wants to come is welcome, others can say bye bye.
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So it is official? Saturday 6th October. Hill Park. 5.30? Gives us about a little more than 3 hours till the start of autocross. About autocross, notify when informing about the meet. Whoever has time and wants to come is welcome, others can say bye bye.
    Yeah!!!
    I agree with your whole idea.
    So now its done for Saturday, 6th October, Hill Park, 5.30pm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets ensure we inform as many bug owner as possible, lets hope this G2G is successful

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets ensure we inform as many bug owner as possible, lets hope this G2G is successful
    Hope so..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is Asad did anyone call him or check, please also post this event on Facebook also

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is Asad did anyone call him or check, please also post this event on Facebook also
    Not yet but I'll do tonight or tomorrow INSHA ALLAH.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right now called Dr.Asad & discussed little bit for G2G.
    He also confirmed his availability.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all,

Sorry I have remained tied up at work and other affairs so could not post earlier.

Thanks Nashtrooper for the call. I shall surely be there tomorrow along with Naseem Mughal sb. I am not sure about others including Mohsin bhai as I have been out of touch with most people thanks to my schedule and more so as my cell phone gave up the ghost along with half my contacts list.

Quite a few people, including Mohsin bhai have moved to Facebook unfortunately as the primary 'playground' so Pakwheels has been left 'mehroom' of a lot of input and activity. I for one, visit FB occasionally only.

Anyway, tomorrow is going to be a 'warm-up round' at best. I suggest tomorrow we have a mini meet and sit down and plan our next GTG which I propose to be on a grand scale.....something like the PAF base meet minus the unfortunate event of having been turned out due to no 'prior permission' from the Faujis. Lets put our heads together and bring forward all our proposals and ideas.

See you all there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all with updates from my end,

First of all a big thanks to the attendees who were as below (in order of attendance, starting from the earliest bird )

1. Naseem Mughal sb with his beautiful mostly original gem, an Orange 1974 standard 1200cc bug.

2. Harris (aka Lazeez) with his deluxe 1974 red hot bug, running a dual port engine.

3. Kashif bhai along with another friend (please mention his name here too) driving a clean quite original 1970 1500 bug. Originally an Auto bug but converted to manual long time ago.

4. Munawar Jaffrani sb along with his son (welcome warmly the young blood in the VW scene), in their Gorgeous Maroon 1302 bug.

5. Nasir bhai ( Nashtrooper ) with his blue babe, the 1974 1200.

I shall wait for the others to post pictures here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Some more details.....

The turnout was low as expected, since we had not spread the word far enough and on time this once.

Anyway, many of the core people were there. We had a nice chat and discussions regarding VWs and more VWs. Most importantly, we discussed when and where to hold our next VW Meet which we have planned to be on a large scale. The essential points were as below:

1. The conclusion was to hold our next event on Sunday the 11th of November 2012. Initially we were aiming for the 9th of Nov but then members pointed out that it was no longer a public holiday so we moved to the upcoming Sunday.

2. All people serious in attending are advised and requested to not keep any family event/commitment on that day. We finalized the day well in advance so you may adjust.

3. Timing should be 4pm I think. Open to suggestions. Please note that even at present, dusk falls just after 6pm and its dark by 7pm. One month later, days would be shorter. So 4pm must be the *arrival time* and not the time to start your journey. Pl adjust your departure time from home according to distance to the venue with a bit of margin for traffic congestion/unforeseen holdups on way etc.

4. Regarding the venue, we considered the options. Concluded that Hill Park was perhaps the best place at least for our initial GTGs. The advantages Hill park offers are:

a. Central location. Many people are reluctant to travel to the Clifton beachfront areas, understandably so given the distance. Karachi is a Mega city so anyone from out of city reading these lines has to understand too

b. Clean environs. To tell you the truth, I had expected to see rubbish heaps, Polythene bags floating around, stray dogs, filth and flies but was pleasantly surprised that the area was reasonably well managed and clean (by our yardstick, made in Pakistan! )

c. Peaceful area. Its a pocket away from the city hustle bustle and no one really disturbs you as all visitors seem to be 'regulars' with their own agendas, be it a calm walk or dating. Whatever. While this is a disadvantage too that the club would not get publicity, I personally think, that for a start the club members need to sit down for some earnest chats with no disturbances in between, especially when we have more 'out of the mainstream' participants who do not visit PWs or the www in general.

d. No one bothered us though the chowkidars had noted the presence of the bugs. We discussed whether to formally approach the Park Management in near future for a permission but dropped the idea especially since Nashtrooper added that he had done so in the recent past and the management people had suggested we quietly go on with our gathering since we were not disrupting things, causing any commotions or having any unusual activity.

e. We just paid Rs 20/- per car as the standard parking ticket. There are a few eating places within the park which are reasonable I think for a tea, cold drink or light refreshments.

5. Now to spread the word. We need simple posters like we had for the 25th Dec 2011 event. Who can volunteer with the designing and implementation? Harris (Lazeez) again?

6. For future events we have discussed a lot but I vote we first have a successful meet on a large scale and then as we have future events we may start planning a variety of events ranging from picnics, maybe at Hawksbay, Sandspit to trips out of Karachi to the outskirts or nearby towns with places of interest. Anyway, this is at the moment in the back burner.

What else?? Am I forgetting something?? Id wait for the others to chime in.

BTW, I am not happy that much activity has shifted from PWs to Facebook. I for one, do not like to visit Facebook as I get 'attacked' from all fronts by a ton of friends and relatives. I feel I cannot give proper time to all the people so stay away and log in occasionally only. I dont like people to think I am ignoring them or giving more time to someone else and not them. But now it seems it is going to be an 'evil necessity'.

Best wishes and regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks every one, it was a pleaure meeting all the hardcore enthusiasts for the first time, some pics of Oct 6, 2012 GTG @ Hillpark.

VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053318 VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053320
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053321VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053322VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053323
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053319
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    d. No one bothered us though the chowkidars had noted the presence of the bugs. We discussed whether to formally approach the Park Management in near future for a permission but dropped the idea especially since Nashtrooper added that he had done so in the recent past and the management people had suggested we quietly go on with our gathering since we were not disrupting things, causing any commotions or having any unusual activity.
    I am still not comfortable with just swinging the plan. A lot of people still remember what happened at PAF and would question the authenticity of this meet. We are asking a big number of people to come to hill park, we should at least make sure that they don't have to turn back and ruin our credibility.
    This meet should be somewhat a compensation for a failed previous meet. I don't want to take any chances.
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am still not comfortable with just swinging the plan. A lot of people still remember what happened at PAF and would question the authenticity of this meet. We are asking a big number of people to come to hill park, we should at least make sure that they don't have to turn back and ruin our credibility.
    This meet should be somewhat a compensation for a failed previous meet. I don't want to take any chances.
    It might be a good idea to get a blanket approval (from the Hill Park management) for a club meet, say, every first Saturday of the month or something... even if you miss a month the chowkidars etc would know that you have approval from the management.

At the same time do keep looking for alternate venues. Places like hotels, eating places may agree to holding a gtg as it gives them visibility too so its a win-win.

The club members, meanwhile, can keep their eyes open for potential venues and share with the group.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you have a very valid point. If things mess up, we lose credibility like last time. Its not good for the image of the club.

I discussed this issue again today when I met Naseem Mughal sb ( we spent the day today tinkering on our bugs ) but he is still of the view that if we go around asking permissions, we shall gain undue attention and anyone and everyone shall be after us demanding sums of money. From the park management to the area Police.

That gives me an idea to start pulling some strings......in Pakistan a danda is needed to keep things thanda.......give me a couple of days to dig up some old contacts in the KMC/ CDGK.

I shall report what I could do/could not do and then we decide whether and when to go meet the management.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    It might be a good idea to get a blanket approval (from the Hill Park management) for a club meet, say, every first Saturday of the month or something... even if you miss a month the chowkidars etc would know that you have approval from the management.

At the same time do keep looking for alternate venues. Places like hotels, eating places may agree to holding a gtg as it gives them visibility too so its a win-win.

The club members, meanwhile, can keep their eyes open for potential venues and share with the group.
    The blanket approval idea is also good especially since it would require the same effort as for a single day approval.

There are plenty of eating places, and yes many might find it good for their publicity. Problem is to find one with a suitable parking space. We can think in this direction too. Any other ideas folks?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    Salam to all with updates from my end,

First of all a big thanks to the attendees who were as below (in order of attendance, starting from the earliest bird )

1. Naseem Mughal sb with his beautiful mostly original gem, an Orange 1974 standard 1200cc bug.

2. Harris (aka Lazeez) with his deluxe 1974 red hot bug, running a dual port engine.

3. Kashif bhai along with another friend (please mention his name here too) driving a clean quite original 1970 1500 bug. Originally an Auto bug but converted to manual long time ago.

4. Munawar Jaffrani sb along with his son (welcome warmly the young blood in the VW scene), in their Gorgeous Maroon 1302 bug.

5. Nasir bhai ( Nashtrooper ) with his blue babe, the 1974 1200.

I shall wait for the others to post pictures here.
    Walaikum Assalam Dr.Sahab!!!
    Glad to see your continuous postings here and a detail introduction of our Cute Bugs & their riders.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^

Pleasure. Its a pity your bug was not photographed and we do not have proof to show others that you and your bug were there

Anyway, next time. BTW, I think you deserve credit for squirming out of your personal commitments and making it, be it late rather than not coming at all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

photoshop it!
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

User Tag List