Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VWCOP Karachi Chapter

Salams to all VW owners and lovers,

Welcome to the Karachi Chapter of the Volkswagen Club of Pakistan!

Please feel free to join the club, there is no rigid criteria to qualify for the membership. Anyone who owns a VW, be it a pristine low mileage gem, a daily driven rat looker, or a basket case project can enter.

Please copy n paste the particulars from the following list and add your vehicle’s details here to help us create a database of the VWs in Karachi.

1. Owner’s name:
    2. Pakwheels nickname:
    3. Type of VW owned (Beetle, Micro bus, Variant, Ghia, Thing etc):
    4. Year of manufacture:
    5. Chassis number:
    6. Engine number:
    7. Engine displacement/cc:
    8. Any modifications done:
    9. Registration number:
    10. City of registration:
    11. Owned since:
    12. Number of previous owners:
    13. Vehicle’s nickname, if any:
    14. Vehicle’s mileage:
    15. Owned since (year):
    16. Color:
    17. Owner's contact number and email address:

Please try your best to provide all the above information. If you feel anything must be kept private (for example the registration number), you may email that info to my email address

asadishaque68@yahoo.com

If you have any suggestions to improve the above list or any other input, please don’t hesitate to voice your thoughts.

Best wishes and regards,
    Dr. Asad Ishaque.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post

3. Timing should be 4pm I think. Open to suggestions. Please note that even at present, dusk falls just after 6pm and its dark by 7pm. One month later, days would be shorter. So 4pm must be the *arrival time* and not the time to start your journey. Pl adjust your departure time from home according to distance to the venue with a bit of margin for traffic congestion/unforeseen holdups on way etc.

4. Regarding the venue, we considered the options. Concluded that Hill Park was perhaps the best place at least for our initial GTGs. The advantages Hill park offers are:

c. Peaceful area. Its a pocket away from the city hustle bustle and no one really disturbs you as all visitors seem to be 'regulars' with their own agendas, be it a calm walk or dating. Whatever. While this is a disadvantage too that the club would not get publicity, I personally think, that for a start the club members need to sit down for some earnest chats with no disturbances in between, especially when we have more 'out of the mainstream' participants who do not visit PWs or the www in general.

d. No one bothered us though the chowkidars had noted the presence of the bugs. We discussed whether to formally approach the Park Management in near future for a permission but dropped the idea especially since Nashtrooper added that he had done so in the recent past and the management people had suggested we quietly go on with our gathering since we were not disrupting things, causing any commotions or having any unusual activity.

5. Now to spread the word. We need simple posters like we had for the 25th Dec 2011 event. Who can volunteer with the designing and implementation? Harris (Lazeez) again?

6. For future events we have discussed a lot but I vote we first have a successful meet on a large scale and then as we have future events we may start planning a variety of events ranging from picnics, maybe at Hawksbay, Sandspit to trips out of Karachi to the outskirts or nearby towns with places of interest. Anyway, this is at the moment in the back burner.

What else?? Am I forgetting something?? Id wait for the others to chime in.

BTW, I am not happy that much activity has shifted from PWs to Facebook. I for one, do not like to visit Facebook as I get 'attacked' from all fronts by a ton of friends and relatives. I feel I cannot give proper time to all the people so stay away and log in occasionally only. I dont like people to think I am ignoring them or giving more time to someone else and not them. But now it seems it is going to be an 'evil necessity'.

Best wishes and regards
    3- I think the time of 4pm is suitable for everyone and no need of further suggestions.

4- (c)The venue is also suitable except the disadvantage you mentioned that 'the club would not get publicity'.

(d) For the proper permission I met last time with the management when we were planing to hold our G2G there, the in charge of the park advised me that there is no need to get any proper permission unless or until we strictly try reserve any particular place and not allow others to visit,, involvement of media or something like this at highly scale,, if the plan is same so then we may get in trouble to pay the amount of Govt fee, some other charges and facing some typical govt departmental hurdles.

5- lazeez (Haris) would be better to design something good to spread the word.

6- For future events INSHA ALLAH we practically would be having some good kind of club activities on regular basis.

Thanks for briefly describe the summary of our discussion.

Btw My opinion is same as you shared for shifting the traffic from here to FB and not having time to give.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    3- I think the time of 4pm is suitable for everyone and no need of further suggestions.

4- (c)The venue is also suitable except the disadvantage you mentioned that 'the club would not get publicity'.

(d) For the proper permission I met last time with the management when we were planing to hold our G2G there, the in charge of the park advised me that there is no need to get any proper permission unless or until we strictly try reserve any particular place and not allow others to visit,, involvement of media or something like this at highly scale,, if the plan is same so then we may get in trouble to pay the amount of Govt fee, some other charges and facing some typical govt departmental hurdles.

5- lazeez (Haris) would be better to design something good to spread the word.

6- For future events INSHA ALLAH we practically would be having some good kind of club activities on regular basis.

Thanks for briefly describe the summary of our discussion.

Btw My opinion is same as you shared for shifting the traffic from here to FB and not having time to give.
    Valid points...allow me to add that the publicity can be achieved by leaving the venue of the meeting together and in an organized way. It is a good idea to drive to a pre-determined point together after every meet and disperse from there.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif9099 View Post
    Thanks every one, it was a pleaure meeting all the hardcore enthusiasts for the first time, some pics of Oct 6, 2012 GTG @ Hillpark.
    VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053318

VWCOP Karachi Chapter -1053319

Thanks for sharing some nice pictures.
    Finally saw you & your Bug in our meet up but unfortunately didn't meet you as I reached there little bit late right after Maghrib while you also had to leave early but hope we'll meet soon in our next Get together.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    I am still not comfortable with just swinging the plan. A lot of people still remember what happened at PAF and would question the authenticity of this meet. We are asking a big number of people to come to hill park, we should at least make sure that they don't have to turn back and ruin our credibility.
    This meet should be somewhat a compensation for a failed previous meet. I don't want to take any chances.
    You don't worry,, I'll definitely visit there again in next few days just to get some more information regarding proper permission and all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Valid points...allow me to add that the publicity can be achieved by leaving the venue of the meeting together and in an organized way. It is a good idea to drive to a pre-determined point together after every meet and disperse from there.
    Yes that is the right way but I don't think that people will be able to leave together in an organized way because no one punctual here most of them will be coming late and would be in hurry to leave so it looks difficult that we'll be able to do so but we'll try our best.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You don't worry,, I'll definitely visit there again in next few days just to get some more information regarding proper permission and all.
    any update?
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any update?
    ....still waiting for an update!
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am selling one pair General tyres for VW beetle only. boths tyres are in very gud condition just like new. If anyone interested in buying plz contact me 0323-5320990 (my location is Lahore).
    Ahsan Qureshi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by kashif9099 View Post
    ....still waiting for an update!
    I need one more day to update you people while I am also waiting for Dr.Asad as he also said to dig up his old contacts in the KMC/ CDGK.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanmq View Post
    I am selling one pair General tyres for VW beetle only. boths tyres are in very gud condition just like new. If anyone interested in buying plz contact me 0323-5320990 (my location is Lahore).
    Can you please post some pictures??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you please post some pictures??
    ok i will try
    Ahsan Qureshi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need one more day to update you people while I am also waiting for Dr.Asad as he also said to dig up his old contacts in the KMC/ CDGK.
    Salam to all,

I finally managed to contact some old contacts in the (previously known as) KMC. Unfortunately, the first hand big shot contacts in the Parks Dept we had are either retired or dead .......my father used to be the Commissioner of KMC in the late 80s so that was expected!

Anyway. Managed to get the contact number of the Director heading the Parks Dept. He has his office at Frere Hall which is quite approachable to me being near my home.

Now for the million dollar question.....*should* we approach the Director or not???? As Nashtrooper says it may lead to an open invitation for trouble, bureaucratic red tape, expectation of greasing of palms etc. I am double minded too as all the guys sitting there are new and approaching them would be a risky game.

What do you guys vote??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets just wing it. Can't mention that something like last time won't happen again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Citizens of VWCOP Karachi Chapter.
    Behold.....
    The birth of new ship BLACK PEARL 2 ( but for time we will call it BP)
    ofcourse, it has 3 seats and a rear air cooled engine.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay thats enough hold , anyways hi to you all.
    Mujtaba here , Finally i have been able to manage a budget to start this car.
    It was suppose to be my wife's wedding gift but unfortunately till now i have been unable to deliver it.
    Anyways, i will ask for you all to wish me luck.

Nasir bhai - > I chose that denter you suggested.

The car is still in my garage as I cannot find a friend who could push it to starting line
    Plus experience has taught me, starting an idol beetle after 3 months. Breaks will not be so good. So that factor is also in mind.
    As the process will start i will start a thread and will let every one enjoy the whole re birth of my pearl.

I would like people to participate in parts and comments.
    My wife wants it in electric blue color , CNG must , A/C must.
    So far, A/C installation and running it on CNG is problem so will need guidance from you people in this regard.

Anyways, wish me luck .
    Vision, Control, Determination are three components of modern day race car driving... Speed is a by product.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the best

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello,

Still waiting for the votes to come in for what line of action to take regarding the venue for the next meet. Just Lazeez has replied.....what do the other folks think???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mujtaba,

We all wish you luck in your project. Is your beetle in running order??

If left idle for 3 months, I shall suggest the following:

Check if battery has juice (current/power/muscle/whatever).

If its weak, take it to a battery shop for a recharge and/or electrolyte change.

Check all fluid levels. Engine oil must be between the two marks on the dipstick.

Check fuel in tank. It must be there in the first place More important, check whether it has spoiled or not. Old fuel has a tendency to turn to a varnish like thingy. Bad for the carburetor and engine. If needed, clean and flush the tank. If not, top with fresh fuel.

Check the brake fluid level. If low or drained from the reservoir, assume that your brakes have given up the ghost and go for a all round brake service with new wheel cylinder washers and (if needed) new brake master cylinder washers or kit.

Above was just a general outline. Details may be provided if you want.

Its good that you are playing it safe by assuming the brakes are bad. Any VW left idle can have bad brakes, especially in a salty city like Karachi. Plus it rained too in the last 3 months.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One more thing......

have the tyre pressures checked and inflate to specs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not enuff ppl seem to be interested in a g2g right now. What is the need of having a g2g on a bigger basis. In the current city situation it gets difficult to get permission from parks etc, plus the problem that private places charge a bundle. There was this discussion on why not to just start getting together every month or so, on SUNDAY Brunch. The mornings on Sunday are usually calmer in the city plus the fact that we can get together at places like bbq 2nite, the sailing club mentioned earlier in the thread, cafe piyala, shanwari at rashid minhas rd, hardees n nazimabad etc etc etc. Most of these places have large parking area available in front of them, and no body will ask for a fees. Once v sit together, only then can opportunities surface and better solutions be formulated.

One more thing. . . . the fb. FB is a great LUXURY of modern technology. More ppl around the city log on to their fb accounts daily then those who visit any other website. I mean that even i am quite regular on fb, and wen i started using it i found around 100 of my classfellows and relatives on it, and am i thankful to hazrat e zuckerburg for it! It is the fastest way of updating the status of a project or group on the internet. I do not talk in absolutes, and do not want to say that v leave pw. No! pw is the website that brought so many of the likeminded together, but the fact of the matter is that even pw has to update its status on fb now !!!

el maestro Asadishaque ordered me to express my 'thoughts' here
    lookin forward for an input please. . . . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Didn't we used to have a vwcop karachi chapter group on facebook?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

User Tag List