Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A good VW Beetle Mechanic

hello boys,

I am looking for a good mechanic of VW Beetle in ISB. If he is in RWP he should be willing to travel to my place, I will obviously pay him for the transport charges.

Please share contact details of good mechanics only. I.e mechanics who you had a good experience with .

thanks

ahtram2725@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Contact Storm @ Pakwheels

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are few mechanics is isb/rwp but i am not sure whether they provide their services by visiting their client.
    But you can contact shakeel at moqeem autos in sadar kashmir road, they have a mechanic who might be helpful to you.
    shakeel # 0345 5223064
    when going got tough then tough got going

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you might know javed in hati chowk, he is a nice mechanic, though u have to convince him to work on your bettle coz he does not do bettle stuf now but maintains bugs of his old clients and i still took mine to him, and yes he goto see clients broken doen bugs as well, i the morning will give you his contact number

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

khalid in westridge is the best VW mechanic in ISB/RWP (03455223066)

Baber (just off peshawar road) is the best VW denter in ISB/RWP (03005561042)

Khalid in G8 is the best VW electrician in ISB/RWP (03335177342)

Sadly none will come to you, their services are in too high demand. what do you need to get done?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm

khalid in westridge is the best VW mechanic in ISB/RWP (03455223066) Baber (just off peshawar road) is the best VW denter in ISB/RWP (03005561042) Khalid in G8 is the best VW electrician in ISB/RWP (03335177342) Sadly none will come to you, their services are in too high demand. what do you need to get done?

hey storm thank you for your feedback.

I am assuming westridge is in RWP .

I just bought a vw and I want to upgrade the engine as much as possible or I want to find a mechanic who can put a different engine in it. Did some research and apparantely you can put a porche and fords engine in it without having to do much alterations.

I know I should leave the engine as it is but not really happy with its power . Also I think there is something wrong with the gearbox and the brakes are a bit to hard i.e you have to press them really hard to apply the breaks .

storm do you know of any good mechanics in ISB? If you find any do let me know. I am afraid if I took my car there it wont reach its destination or it certainly wont come back

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also want to make the engine look as new as possible, clean it up and wouldnt mind a sporty exhaust in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can contact javed on 0300-5502732

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indeed you can swap engines but doing it here is like signing the death warrant for your car. I also secretly planned swapping a porsche 6 cyl in my 1303 but i changed my plans when i realized that i'd have to cut the firewall and make quite a few body alterations.

my suggestion is to convert your engine to 1600cc and then bolt on some HP to it (dual carsb, cams, lifters, heads etc). there are a few posts in the VWCOP thread as well as my 1303 thread where you can pick up alot of pointers.

currently (running an undersized carb) my 1303 can keep up with cultuses whic i think is ample performance considering that i have drum brakes (for now)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm

indeed you can swap engines but doing it here is like signing the death warrant for your car. I also secretly planned swapping a porsche 6 cyl in my 1303 but i changed my plans when i realized that i'd have to cut the firewall and make quite a few body alterations. my suggestion is to convert your engine to 1600cc and then bolt on some HP to it (dual carsb, cams, lifters, heads etc). there are a few posts in the VWCOP thread as well as my 1303 thread where you can pick up alot of pointers. currently (running an undersized carb) my 1303 can keep up with cultuses whic i think is ample performance considering that i have drum brakes (for now)
    yeh I am not going ahead with the porche engine either. I like the idea of getting a 1600cc. Currently I think I have a 1300cc. Do you know how much I can get a 1600cc engine for? You mentioned that I can put some dual carsb, cams, lifters, heads etc, if I go ahead with this can I get these parts from Pakistan or do you think I will need to get them shipped from outside? You mentioned you got drum brakes (for now), I am assuming you got something planned for the brakes . YOu mind sharing that info or is that going to be another one of your secrets hehe :p.

Do let me know how much a 1600cc engine will be for and the labour charges for putting it in to a bug. Most importantly I need a good mechanic who knows what hes doing and not just some tom, dick and harry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indeed Khalid is the best VW mechanic in the twin city but he usually have a dozen VWs to deal with - patience is the name of the game. Alternatively, you may want to get the iniatial settings done up by Ilyas in G-8 (I&T Center). He is an honest mechanic -

Front drum brakes can be replaced by disk types if you are able to get hold of the original kit. Warning, do not alter your braking system to adopt non VW disks etc.
    Matchles G3L 1941, Triumph TRW 1951, Matchless G3LS 1952, Triumph T 100S 1968, Matchless G2 1958, BSA B-31 1952.......... I am insane!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by razaksyed

Indeed Khalid is the best VW mechanic in the twin city but he usually have a dozen VWs to deal with - patience is the name of the game. Alternatively, you may want to get the iniatial settings done up by Ilyas in G-8 (I&T Center). He is an honest mechanic - Front drum brakes can be replaced by disk types if you are able to get hold of the original kit. Warning, do not alter your braking system to adopt non VW disks etc.

can you please give me the no of Ilyaas in G-8? I am assuming disk types are better then drum brakes. Do you think I will be able to get disk type brakes kit from Pakistan? If so for how much?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

disks are very hard to find in PK so i'll be importing them from germany (csp-shop.de) as soon as i can. they make a kit for my specific car to convert it to discs.

as for the the performance parts, they are impossible to find in PK and you will have to import them. moqeem (our local parts supplier) has 1600 conversion/rebuild kits which can be used on 1300 & 1500cc cars as well as 1600's. However you WILL have to source dual port 1600 heads as well as a larger carb (something i've been having difficulties with till now in PK). the minimum size carb for a 1600 VW engine is a single 34PICT but you are better off spending a little more and going for either a dual 34 setup or a single 40 if you can.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List