Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 484 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@psyb0rg
    to use sand is a BAD idea, it's MUCH better to use various crushed nut shells now (less abrasive, easier to clean & doesn't electorstatically charge the body)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, yeah I read about sand being bad for the environment, I was merely mentioning the process of blasting.
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@psyb0rg
    indeed that is a great description, i wish i had some way of blasting my rims on my 1303. next step it ge tthem painted professionally.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No matt finish please
    JAM 2.3 Venolia-Oliver Stage III, Buschur Racing GT67 P Trim Turbo Kit, Injectors 1000cc, Apexi PFc D-Jetro, HKS 272s, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, HKS Typr R, HKS Hi-Power Catback, HKS GD Max Twin, HKS DLI-II, HKS EVC 6, HKS T Timmer, HKS Circuit Attack Counter, Defi Link Control, Defi Exhaust Temperature Gauge, Defi Water Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Pressure Gauge, Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge, Defi Boost Gauge, AEM Uego, CF Hood, CF Trunk, JDM 9 Rear Bumper, C West GT Wing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@buksh
    let me surprise you....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ vdubber.

Apologies to you. Psyborg along with a friend of his were in my area with some work at a potential future employer's office. He just called me to know what I was upto and then dropped in. It was an informal and unplanned meet.

Tomorrow Id be at my workplace for a good 24 hours. You may coordinate with Psyborg and drop in there (after confirming with me). I think it would be convinient to you too given the central location.

Otherwise you are welcome to meet up any time deemed suitable.

Apologies once again!
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Psyborg.

Will delete the fourth part only once you get me a better copy! And do get the fifth part too please.

Alternatively you can make an idiots guide to downloading this and send me over pmail. I do have a pretty fast connection....

Hmmm...blasting.....might experiment with that if I get a chance. Sourcing crushed shells would require a bit of imagination.

@ Buksh

Somehow Im not comfortable with Chemical strippers. I believe their residue is hard to get rid of and causes problems down the line.

Best regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

Today I saw a late nineties Honda Civic at Delhi Colony with an engine fire!

A bit of smoke was coming from the engine bay along with a horrid putrid smell....something like when a KESC transformer shorts. Seemed like the electrics fried up somehow. Car itself was spotless and seemed well kept.

And then people say Beetles are unreliable and prone to catching fire......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

Wanted: Used original exhaust for 1300 engine in good condition.

Any leads???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Shershah today.
    Got a set of used 1600cc pistons. They had rings in them and had almost no play. Got 'em for 500 only And I didn't have to pay anything 'cos the kabaria owes me 2000 rupees. So I've still got a balance of 1500

I checked the size with my vernier caliper and it came out to be 85mm, so I guess they're ok.
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    i can assure you the fire in the civic was down to some "hot plug wires" or a "cool air intake",.. LOL! i feel sorry for the owner. beetles rock, they take abuse all the time and are still running strong.

as for the silencer, why not get one made? i know romano has a lead over here. i'll be designing a system for my sideexit setup since right now i'm using a patched up rusted silencer from the heaterboxes which will fall appart any day...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would strongly agree with sameer but not on the foxy front as i have no knowledge about these fine machines.
    JAM 2.3 Venolia-Oliver Stage III, Buschur Racing GT67 P Trim Turbo Kit, Injectors 1000cc, Apexi PFc D-Jetro, HKS 272s, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, HKS Typr R, HKS Hi-Power Catback, HKS GD Max Twin, HKS DLI-II, HKS EVC 6, HKS T Timmer, HKS Circuit Attack Counter, Defi Link Control, Defi Exhaust Temperature Gauge, Defi Water Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Pressure Gauge, Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge, Defi Boost Gauge, AEM Uego, CF Hood, CF Trunk, JDM 9 Rear Bumper, C West GT Wing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Doc, yeah credit for the fenders. They were really solid! He did sell them, but didn't remember for how much.

There wasn't much good there. He did have a 'pristine' German carburetor. Said it came from Dubai

He was trying to convince me of buying a shagged E series engine which he said was an original 1500...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Psyborg

I was also offered the carb. Said to be from Dubai.....I declined as I have enough spare ones to handle at the moment!

Did you see it though?? Did it LOOK pristine?? And what did he want for it?

I had told him the engine was a 1300 being of E series. Didnt go home as expected.

Cant sleep now though I have a 24hr duty starting tomorrow morning....Ill watch a movie......

If you and vdubber can coordinate do consider meeting me any time tomorrow at the hospital if convinient.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Psyborg

Congrats! You got yourself a bargain. Last time I went the kabaria was asking Rs 2000 for a set of 1300 barrels and pistons.

These people have their moods.....maybe dependent on how their wives treat them the night before!

Hold your horses on whatever you do with the set.....dont rush off anywhere until we have a good plan to check them and determine what they are worth.....decoration pieces or vital bits for your engine rebuild.

I believe the credit is owed for the front fenders? Has he sold them? They were solid!

What else did you see at the toy store????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

The Civic seemed very well kept and bone stock...not even a Type R sticker!! And a decent family was seated in it.

I was all the more curious as to what happened but then did not feel like poking my nose around as already a lot of heros had gathered around to offer free advice peering inside the open bonnet.

Ill ask Romano about the silencer.....

@ Romano

Listening dude???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any details on the carbs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@psyb0rg
    the E is a ultra low compression engine from a type 1, and was offered from august 65 till july 1970 for countries liek pakistan which had VERY poor fuel, it produced 37hp. my suggestion is to avoid it like the plague...

if you want a 1300 go for a 40hp F or AC. However if you want to get serious about power in a 1.3l go for a "highly tunable" 44hp AR or AB.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someone shed some light on the AF series engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fruit rollup
    the AF is a 1600 from the type1 & 2, offered from august 1970 till jan 1980. it only produces 46 hp again due to the fact that is was NOT for countries with high grade fuel and it had a lowered compression ratio (when compared to the AJ, AD & AS engines)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List