Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 484 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad:

Sameer saw the car and he was quite excited to see it, I am sure you will like the car.

Thanks,

Salman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    i already told you in the VCCCP thread that i might be interested in the 62.

@salman1230
    all i can say (and keep saying) is DAYYUM!!

@All
    seeing salmans car is believeing!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AsadIshaque : thanks sir for ur kind response !! i have a request ! can u please tell me these through photo graph ?? plz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

Saw your reply on the VCCCP thread now... Will let you know any details as soon as I get them.

Will go to see the car most probably day after tomorrow. Would see if its worth rescuing ie has not had any mods done.

@ Salman

Would wait patiently now...

@ intelosama

Would need a day at least for me to manage some pics for you.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asad
    what locally available grease is best advised by you to use in the gearbox linkage? or woudl you sugest i make my own blend?

i recently fit my short shifter and find that there is a sever lack of lubrication going on in there.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad.
    This is in reply to your reply in the VCCCP thread.
    Didn't want to pollute it!
    I will let you know if my father agree's to loan me the cash,
    As I am current;y a student with no livlihood of my own,
    Secondly the problem is lack of parking space at my house,Already have a wreck of a car on my hands.
    And even if i do end up getting it its going to be wuite sometime before i can actually get around to fixing it /restoring it.So honestly I'd rather it goes to realy hardcore bettle lover like you and sameer bhai.
    Goodluck and I hope it gets rescued!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

I dont think the kind of grease in this area is critical. I would use STP high temperature grease. I use it for the wheel bearings etc

....the high temperature part is not needed here but it helps in the sense that it would not become too runny and drip away.

Do check if the bushing in the tunnel is holding up....lubricate that area too if you can gain access...very diffiult though.

A short shifter has to be fit precisely as a minute disturbance in the allignment of things would make shifting stiff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ dr3ad555

Do let me know here what the verdict is. Lets see, Id be happy if Storm takes up the challenge, provided its a good enough example for a rescue.

I cannot afford another project as I have my hands full and until I get some major projects out of the way, it would be foolish for me to buy anything.

Which car do you have as a project now??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the info on the grease, i've got a spare bush for the gear linkage (which needs to go in), and i think i threw out my short shifters alighnment once when i was quickshifting my car (don't ask why i did that).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also while you are in this area do check out the pair of rubber bushings under the rear seat. These can cause problems too if worn out.

A suggestion is to mark the gear shift lever position on the tunnel with paint of something (under the carpet of course) so if you do end up going out of allignment, you avoid guess work to go to the initial position.

I also have a quick shift kit bought from UK stashed away for my 68. I have not fit it till now as my linkage needs a lot attention. The gearbox front nose cone is worn too and the 'hockey stick' is loose and sloppy. The gear shift lever in the tunnel would need a new bushing too of course. Since I got the car there is miles of play but I guess Im just used to it....bad I know...

Since the gear nose cannot be fit without taking the engine and gearbox out I have not got round doing it. There may be a way of going round this and getting it done with the engine and gear in car. Would ask my VW net buddies....

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salman.

is this the '66 a chap called tariq is selling?
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asad.

trust all is well. a few things. during your trips to shershah, if you ever come across an ivory steering wheel in good nick, please let me know.

four 5 lug drums in good condition.

left and right torsion arm link without play or not having been repaired. here is an example of a right side link for clarity's sake: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111405352.

i understand these are difficult things to come by in good condition, but i am running them by you in anycase since you are in good with the folk there and they might be able to help you out more than the rest of us.

my '65 is mashAllah in good running order but the drums are at their lifes end, and have been repaired a few times now. as have the torsion arm links. needless to say, i enjoy the beetle in all its rear wheel drive fun!

on another note. perhaps this is a winter issue or something unrelated. but i feel that my car is missing a bit. as such that while driving when i change to a lower gear, it is as if the car is choking, i then rev the a car a bit and then let go of the clutch to avoid the bogging down or choking. the problem seems to go away when the car has warmed up.

does the beetle require winter tuning timing mixture? if so, then what needs to be done? the thermostat has been taken out in my beetle, could this be it?
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Au
    Choke spring out of whack? Old carb diaphragm?
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad.
    Really sorry but the verdict is in the words of my father "nothing doing,fix up your grades first".
    So really sorry but really no can do here.
    Currently the car is not much of a project.Its my grandfathers old W126 that is not too great a condition.The body definitely needs a new coat of pain and some dents pulled out.
    It needs a new clutch and an overhauled engine(if not permitted to go for a bigger engine).The3 interior need minor touch ups.At present someone is working on the car.
    Will show it to you guys once it's done.
    Would love to meet up with you at the VCCCP show.
    Might get it to the show(as in not on display but to use it as my ride).
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ dr3ad555

Its ok, thanks for letting me know soon.

The W126 project must be interesting. Why dont you throw up a dedicated thread for it??? Im sure a lot of members would be able to guide you and make you come up with some wise decisions.

If its your granpas car, then it deserves to be restored well and proper. Do not go for an engine change please!! You would end up ruining it.

Restoring a Merc is challenging and very very expensive. MY khala has a 123 and a 115 so I frequently go out with this cousin of mine for benz parts hunts. Always interesting. I see the parts guys pull his pants down when they quote prices!!

Best of luck.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    i'm also workig on a w123 at the moment, and i did a W115 a few years back. alot of fun.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ au

A hurriedly typed out note for now.....

Will look for the parts you need......

Please post pics of your original current steering wheel here so I can see how bad it is. One cannot get original wheels, especially ivory ones in good condition. All are weathered and damaged in one way or the other but its your luck. Will keep a lookout for something better than what you have.

While on the subject, it is possible to restore a steering wheel. Have never got around doing it myself but should do so soon for the sake of experimentation and experience.

Will see if any 5 lug drums are in available in good shape.

Would also take a look at any old king pin beams. I m quite certain the whole beam would be on sale, rather than parts off it. Lets see. Old style beams are super rare these days.

I shall cover your poorly running engine querry tomorrow in detail. Romano has pointed you in the right direction.

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

Needed to talk, good that you are here!!

I sent a mole on a spying mission today as I could not go to the boneyard.

According to his reports, the car is prolly a 64-65. He says it does not have the smaller licence light housing. Maybe it was changed??

The front fenders are buggered and have been fit with sealed beam universal headlights. Another shop has a pair of early fenders though, so we can think of a change provided we plan on a purchase.

the body is said to be nice. Towel rails are there.

I go tomorrow, coem rain or sunshine. Would you be interested in this machine now that you know it *may be* a 64 and the front fenders are buggered??

If anything has to be done, Id have to finalise the deal then and there tomorrow or the bug gets squashed.

Btw why did you not post pics of the Merc restos here????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    thanks for the feedback on the car. sad to hear that the car is in a bad way, has severly killed my desire to restore it (N), only telling you this now so as not to lead you on and have you go out of your way to go check it out.

as for the merc, i posted pics of the W115 a long time ago in some thread.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm also workig on a w123 at the moment, and i did a W115 a few years back. alot of fun.
    NO pictures
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List