Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 484 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -934728

for ure reference
    when going got tough then tough got going

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

miyaan ......... well bro nice car.

Let me tell you first off, if you want a lowered car with tilted wheels you'll have to spend some money. That look can't be fully achieved by what I'll tell you. Your car will lower by about 2-3 inches and the wheels will tilt a little bit. Not like the ones you have in the picture that you shared with us on the forum.

Questions:

1. R u doing the work urself or using a mechanic?

2. If you lower both the rear and front you'll have to use shorter shocks in the front. Do you have any available? (because when you lower it in the front, the tires will scrape the upper part of the wheel well and the there will not be enough room for a full length shock.

3. What size rim/tire you have on your car currently?

MSKHAN
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. ill use a mechanic

2.nopes... using shorter shocks in front is one option..other thn this cant v just swap in a tyre with a larger profile at rear and a relatively low profile tyre at front?

3. im using 16s on 205s but i plan on swaping 15s
    when going got tough then tough got going

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@miyaan ......... if you are going to use a mechanic (and will be spending money in the process) just tell him to lower your car using torsion bar's splines. If he is any good, he'll know what I'm talking about. (try 1 notch at a time and see how you like it). You can get almost a 2.5 inch drop just by adjusting the torsion bars. The rear ones are quite easy but the fronts will require some doing. (There is a total of 4 inch travel allowed by adjusting the splines in the Torsion bar, 2" up and 2" down). What's the name of your mechanic?

If you want a certain look, be there at the shop when the job is being done and ask your mechanic to fit/refit the wheels until you get the desired look. The wheels on your car will do just fine don't need to get replacements.

Lowering a car - as shown in the picture, is a bit more involved then you think (read costs a lot more money). The front end is a bit tricky because it changes the geometery. You can easily get a wicked look by flipping the tie rods, but then you'll have to create a custom steering for it (I don't think mechanics in pak do it and I don't mean any disrespect to them. They just haven't done these things).

If you are in rawalpindi, go to either Muqeem in Saddar and enquire first. You can discuss it with him and he'll give you good info. For a second opinion, there was another mechanic on GT Road, close to where the old GTS Service station used to be. .I think the name was Khaled. (NO, he is not the same Khaled has a shop in Westridge area).

So for you, my friend, discuss the issue with your mechanic first, get an opinion from Muqeem and Khaled. Then decide if you want to do it.

Let me tell you the negatives as well. If you lower the car like this, it is not adjustable and will remain lowered. So you'll feel each and every bump in the road. Your car will be noisier. The Camber angles of the tires will be harder to adjust so you'll get some stability issues (at speeds) as well as short tire life in addition to shorter life of mechanical components. Your call.

Thats why I like the air ride suspension. It gives me the looks as well as a great ride. (But costs a lot of money and a whole bunch of modifications).

Let me know if this helps or you need more details.

MSKHAN
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me add, air ride suspension is available in Pakistan. Some parts shops can get them for you on special orders. It costs alot, a guy I know got air shocks installed on his civic for about 75k.
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -935668

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -935669
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I checked the prices online. A full kit (front and back for a standard car with no cutting) is $899. (Just a quick search online. One might get better prices by searching, group buys etc etc. So Pak Rs 75k is round about the same price right?

If you're really into it and have the bucks, air ride is a really cool to add to your car. The rid is awesome and cornering response is unbelievable.

MSK
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@psyborg

you asked for a pic of a split micro that was in the family a couple of pages ago well here it is my grand father bought one in the mid 60s intendid for picnics and family outings for the extendid family while he roled in his 64 chrysler imperial that can partialy be seen in the right corner behind the 2 drivers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -935674
    -1969 honda c50 ,1974 honda s110,1966 lambretta sx150, 1964 honda c72 aka dream 250,196? honda c78 touring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check out what i scored today...

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -937731
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Are these made in China?
    My opinions, suggestions and thoughts are strictly my own. I reserve the right to be human and make mistakes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -938506

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -938507

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@riz_
    this is what they call NOS (new old stock). my merc mechanic had this set lying at his shop for quite some time and i grabbed them as soon as i saw them.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@romano
    ooh where is the micro? its been diselised but still looks well worth an effort .
    -1969 honda c50 ,1974 honda s110,1966 lambretta sx150, 1964 honda c72 aka dream 250,196? honda c78 touring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Am trying to rescue it. Viwed it today.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice nice need any help lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

guys what are the major issues with 1302 I really want tohave a 1302 but every one is saying is ke parts nahin hain etc. Can we have a discussion about 1302 and the known good 1302's specially in KHI
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NaveedRizvi honestly speaking i've only seen one good 1302 in the entire country/PW so far and it was rebuit by khalid electrician here in ISB. however i must point out that even that car required around 1 lacs worth of investment (parts from abroad) to make it anywhere close to acceptable on an international level. In all honesty the 1302 was the best beetle to drive, since it retained the classic shape of the beetle yet due to the uprated suspension design the driving dynamics were vastly improved. good luck with your search.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm Thanks but what parts are not available here. I have heard of the suspension and steering box being not available. But I hope they can be imported. How expensive are they, I hope not absurdly expensive.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honestly, almost ALL mechanical parts are not available here. the onesw you do find are either of useless quality (new) or worn out beyond acceptable tolerances (used).

Biggest issues are gearboxes, engine cases, heads, steering racks/boxes, carbs etc. none of these things are available here except the carbs but you're better off buying one from abroad. if in the US, use "CIP1", if in the UK/Europe use "VWheritage",

the good stuff will never be cheap, to give you an idea, i've spent approx 4 lacks on my 1303 and i still have to get items like performance heads, gearbox, steering box, disc brakes & dual 44 carbs.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List