Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 484 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xalmanreyaz

how can i contact 3 worded DOCTOR ASAD ISHAQUE

Jee hamay kisi nay yaad kiya???

Im very much here, though have not had time to post on Pws due to some engagements.

What are your requirements please let us know so we can guide you in a particular direction.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asad
    he's looking for a good VW in KHI his email address is xalmanreyaz@yahoo.com
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Psyborg, yea really! the guy is a disgrace. Why he insists on doing this is beyond me, unless that is the brainchild of some rival manunfacturer trying to ruin the VW brand. Any input guys?

why bother trying to help those who do not wish to be helped? we have good VW's,.. in a few years the rest will be gone and then we can raise the prices of our cars since they will be rare,.. LOL!!!

[/quote]

I find the always-stranded-by-the-road-67 story rather interesting. I think this guy needs to be tracked down and interviewed! the only thing I can imagine is that he is sorry moron who understands nothing about cars or VWs for that matter and is perpetually ripped off by cunning mechanics who make botched repairs to his 67.

Anyway, if giving him a good lecture and a crash course in VW mechs could help then maybe it should be done.

Btw if anyone can get pics of this 67 it would be great, especially a closeup of the attached 'tales of woe'.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano

A recent pic of the car, minus front dent ( I think!)

Storm, Asad, I thought Bugs had steel sunroofs. Is this a US special?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961135

As Aleem has pointed out, this car has/had the steel sunroof.

An interesting fact not known by most volksfolks is that VW offered the ragtop sunroof right uptil 1967 (or was it 66?). But this was only valid for the basicmost standard 1200 models. For the 1300/1500 Deluxe models you could only order the steel sunroof. The reason was that VW considered the steel sunroof far superior to the old ragtop as the former was designed to be theft-proof.

If people have very good memory, a maroon ragtop bug was spotted by Devilspassion a long time ago and a pic was posted here. From the only shot available, I could make it out to be a 66 model car. The ragtop mechanism was all missing but the aperture was original. Sadly that car has never been spotted again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1

Yes...post '63 bugs came with sliding steel sunroofs like on my car. However, the 'steel' is only really a cover and the actual sunroof underneath it is a hard polycarbonate-type material (the black part). Previous owner 'misplaced' the steel cover, so I'm left with this - although it's leakproof in the rain.

I am not aware of such a setup. Not 100% sure in this area though.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano

Hello all, Inspite of the fact that we are now a pretty well known community and offer FREE advice on VW maintenance and resources, I still see Bugs in various states of disrepair broken down by the roadside. What the issue guys? We have the best mechanics and electricians around? What gives? Contact us, we don't bite! In case you are wondering where this rant is coming from; we have a dark blue/silver roof 1967 Beetle in Isb that is frequently seen , abandoned by the roadside,. with a sheet of paper stuck to the windscreen listing its various mechanical and electrical failures. Why do these reliable cars have to get treated that way? Any idea?
    Today I spotted the car parked on the main road in F-6 just before the entrance to shaheen chemists parking lot, seems that he manged to get her to move again since she was "parked" correctly. last time i saw her she was stranded on nazim-u-din road (F-8). i hope this is a sign that he is getting his act together.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Pics please of the 67 whenever you see it next. Its quite a star!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was thinking abotu taking a pic but then i thought that by now somebody woudl have snapped up a pic,.. let me check my hard drive...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Waiting.

@ all

My elder brother is coming down from Cali, USA next month. What do you suggest I can ask him to bring for me??? He cannot afford to buy more of the pricy items (has overshot the budget already) so big things have to wait for a while. Smaller, hard to find items ideas welcome.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know i had a pic but it was from far away with my old cameraphone so i ust have deleted it. will take a fresh one when i see it next for sure.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque
    @ all
    My elder brother is coming down from Cali, USA next month. What do you suggest I can ask him to bring for me??? He cannot afford to buy more of the pricy items (has overshot the budget already) so big things have to wait for a while. Smaller, hard to find items ideas welcome.
    i'd suggest the rubbers that go under the outer door handles, the rubber stopper that prevents the engine lid form banging into the body, the stickers for the entire car (6V, tyre pressure, valve clearance, etc), some urethane suspension bits, carb service kit, engine lid handle gaskit/seal, sunvisor clips (TMI), wiperhsaft-to-body seal etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First guy out there to post a pic of this sorry '67 gets a VW key strap from me!
    Its a dull dark blue with silver roof, and strange TVR type headlights. oh yes, it usually has a paper taped to the inside of the front screen listing its latest mechanical issues!
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On it... Btw any hint on the location? LOL
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I could post his phone number but that would make him feel like a partridge on first day of hunting season! :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

meta content=text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type" /
    meta content=Word.Document" /
    meta content=Microsoft Word 11" /
    meta content=Microsoft Word 11" /
    link href=file:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_fil elist.xml" rel=File-List" /
    !--[if gte mso 9]xml w:WordDocument w:ViewNormal/w:View w:Zoom0/w:Zoom w:HyphenationZone21/w:HyphenationZone wunctuationKerning / w:ValidateAgainstSchemas / waveIfXMLInvalidfalse/waveIfXMLInvalid w:IgnoreMixedContentfalse/w:IgnoreMixedContent w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderTextfalse/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText w:Compatibility w:BreakWrappedTables / wnapToGridInCell / w:WrapTextWithPunct / w:UseAsianBreakRules / wontGrowAutofit / /w:Compatibility w:BrowserLevelMicrosoftInternetExplorer4/w:BrowserLevel /w:WordDocument /xml![endif]--!--[if gte mso 9]xml w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=false" LatentStyleCount=156" /w:LatentStyles /xml![endif]--!--[if !mso]

--]/style
    !--[if gte mso 10] mce:style! /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altcm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margincm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} --

Saw this bug yesterday at a car show here in stockholm

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961193

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961194

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961195

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961196

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not a big fan of beetles but here's a nice picture

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -961339

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

beetle is good for college students

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

romano if you recall i took a pic of this car with you but i can't find it...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List