Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 484 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msm

@ xalmanreyaz i have already emailed u which u must have seen by now. Dr. Asad can help u a lot drop him an e-mail not to mention he knows more than ne1 about the bugs

Thanks for the vote of confidence. However Im still learning.......
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Adeelyamin

That bus is in pretty good shape and the price is very attractive.

Does this vehicle belong to you and do you live in North Nazimabad?? I *think* I spoke to you a few months back regarding this bus on the phone.......I did speak to someone who wanted to sell a 1970 LHD bay window bus and then lost contact.

@ All

This is one sweet deal.......grab it if you can....

Btw the alternator conversion is easily reversible provided an original VDub unit is sourced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msm

@ NaveedRizvi yaar not using it for longer runs due to weather conditions its to hot now a days so i am preferring car wid AC ... its silencer needs replacement, i went to that silencer guy; he told me that i have to wait for 2 days as he will fabricate 1 for me ( according to him there was some company who use to make them and now they don't). i'll spare an hr or so to get it replace. wat abt ur bug how its going ?

Good to hear about your bug. Please share the silencer fabrication experience with us here. I wonder which local "company" made exhausts for bugs?? I think its a tale to impress you .....

Anyway, do keep us posted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ funky

I am tuned in to hear the whole story as told by some nice pics!

If my guess is right, you would have a bunch of them to share here.

@ Naveed rizvi

Whats the problem with the gear??? Pl share here, maybe we can guide you a bit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque
    Sunvisor clips......a 59 doesnt have any.

OOPS!!! i should have realized that one
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I finally sorted out my cell phone to computer transfer issues and now have some neat pics to share with you guys. They are low resolution but should serve the purpose.....

First some shots taken at the famous Shafi Ustaads garage in Karachi......My cousin gets his 74 bug maintained here, I accompany him as its a treat to watch the Ustaad work. Plus he is good to chat with, be it on technical mysteries or stories from the past......

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962561

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962562

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962563

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sunvisor clips......a 59 doesnt have any.

OOPS!!! i should have realized that one

[/quote]

No probs at all!!

Until 1964 the sunvisors were pivoted from the base of the rear view mirror. Ah yes!! an interesting exception being the 68 Aussie bug!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First guy out there to post a pic of this sorry '67 gets a VW key strap from me! Its a dull dark blue with silver roof, and strange TVR type headlights. oh yes, it usually has a paper taped to the inside of the front screen listing its latest mechanical issues!
    I just have to see this!! Esp a close up shot of the actual list which I want to read.
    [/quote]

Romano owes me a keystrap!
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962564
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now for some spy shots taken near Basit denters shop. This is an open area where some of his "cold" projects are stored, the split bus being an exception.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962568

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962569

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962570

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also found somethign VERY interesting yesterday when i started up my 1303. since she stands for the whole weeki have found that she takes a long time to start on sundays since there is no fuel in the lines so i started adding 2 caps of fuel into the carb to make her fire up straight away.

what i noticed is that the bottle of petrol i kept on the side had ALOT of sediment in it. i tool a pic but i had already shaken it a bit when i was opening the plastic bag it was in,.. still this shoudl give us an idea as to why all of our cars almost always have clogged fuel filters!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962573

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

LOL!! Good one! Do post a pic of the key strap too once you pry it off Romano's fingers!

Next time pl do get a closeup of the paper AND the owners face too!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now for some spy shots taken near Basit denters shop. This is an open area where some of his "cold" projects are stored, the split bus being an exception.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -962574

is the one on the right a 1303 or a 1302? can't tell from this angle but it looks liek a 1303. am curious as to why it has those cutouts for the bumpers? those "things" are getting rare, i hope they will be restored soon (alnog with all the rest of the VW's there). your posts are eye candy to us (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm LOL!! Good one! Do post a pic of the key strap too once you pry it off Romano's fingers! Next time pl do get a closeup of the paper AND the owners face too!
    when i was taking the pic i noticed some guy standing behind me, i just ignored him and walked off. i think it was the owner and in all honesty after what i have heard from romano i REALLY don't have time for him. i also noticed that the car hasn't moved from that spot in at least abotu 2 weeks!

will try and get a shot of that paper next time i go to F6 (as long as the muppet owner isn't there). Romano has offered to help him so many times and it just seems that he wants to fix it but doesn't trust romano, even though he represents all of us in ISB/RWP like you do in KHI. I think maybe i shoudl speak to the owner and let him know who "el presidente" is so that he starts trusting him a bit more and then this 67 will at least have a decent chance at life.

BTW i took the 1303 for a ride on sunday, it was approx 45 degrees but the car felt so cool that even the buckets of sweat running down my face didn't phase me. it really was a VW thing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

The pic uploaded! Sorry for that....I get it now.....its those darn fuel station wallas who sell us dirty fuel.....

Glad to know you like the pics! I love these kinda pics and scenes too. Potential potential!!

The bug you see is a 1303. Which cutouts for the bumpers you are referring to??? Those accpet the Europa bumper irons. American spec bugs had hydraulic brackets which would have a different cutout.....

More pics of the Thing....just for you coming up....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad

Whats the latest on your ragtop.

The problem with my bugs gear is that the second and third gear sometimes slip.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Asad Can u guide me to Basits new location. Plus his cell no.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is what i was thinking about the cutouts, they look like europa ones but as far as i have ever seen ALL 73-74 1303 models (standard, L, S & LS) had triangular cutouts and afterthat they had the hydraulic style ones (pionty ovals).Aare these possibly 1302 fenders on a 1303?

Only reason i'm asking you is that i know i'll get a REAL answer and not liek most guys (a shot in the air). I had to source the triangle shaped rubbers from the U for my car since i could only find the "stock" style rubbers here in PK.

BTW do you ever use my starting method if your car has been standing for a while or shoudl my lines always have fuel in them? i've noticed that with 1-2 caps of fuel the car fires right up (i guess the fuel evaporates from the carb). If i don't use this method i have to sit and crank the nuts off the car to a point where the battery starts dying.....:@

eagerly awaiting pics of the thing(s) (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh so Romano has approached the owner.......thats even more interesting.....he does need extensive counselling so to say....

Now I see what romano meant by TVR type headlights.....

Totally agreed with the 'cool factor' theory!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh so Romano has approached the owner.......thats even more interesting.....he does need extensive counselling so to say.... Now I see what romano meant by TVR type headlights..... Totally agreed with the 'cool factor' theory!
    on more than one occasion, but it seems that the guy is worried that romano is showing interest only so that he can benefit from this guy getting some work done. i seriously thing the ISB/RWP chapter needs to pay him a visit with all of our cars so that he realizes that we are serious abotu helping him.

BTW the excitement factor for my things arrival is off the scales! i can't wait to drop that top and cruise! (will be a "rolling chassis" by the time the weather cools off hopefully)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Naveed

Oh a lot is to come on the ragtop thread!!!! Just wait.... I am in 'zombie mode' today having not slept for the past night after a 24 hour sunday call at the hospital. And saturday was spent going round town for all things VW with my cousin in his 74 bug.

For the gear, it may be something serious with the gearbox but do rule out the following before you give yourself a head/heartache:

- Gear oil level topped up.
    - Clutch cable adjusted properly.
    - Gear shift rod bushings (one nylon bushing under the shift lever and a pair of rubber ones at the coupler, under the rear seat) are in good shape.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List