Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 484 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

drove my 1303 yesterday after almost a month. sadly there was something SEVERELY wrong with it. under normal conditions it's fine still but as soon as i tried accelerating hard it would respond like a 1200 (mine is a 1600 dual port). i'm guessing it had alot to do with the heat and humidity yesterday but i've never experienced such a loss of power in my life. normally i can keep up with cultuses etc but yesterday i had a hard time overtaking a mehran,.. i'll check the timing, plugs etc but i don't think that will resolve the issue. i felt as if i was driving with the handbrake on or something it was that slow.

looks like it's time to get another appointment with doctor khalid
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

Yea I remember explaining my 1302 conversion to you. Honestly it's much better for performance i.e. more accelaration and higher top speed, but I cruise anyway. I like to treat her gently although she can take the abuse . I'll be happy to share my experience and will try my best to answer your questions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^to start with you could share some details on your AC, seems alot of the members here woudl liek to see the setup.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

STORM bahi what is khalid workshop number..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, prolly the carbs need adjusting 'cos of the humidity and all...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani_798
    03455223066, call saturday to thursday, 10am-10pm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Psyb0rg
    initially i was hoping my vaccum line had fallen off (it felt that bad) but sadly that wasn't it. it's been a while since i got her tuned up so maybe it's time to get the carb reset (has been 2 months almost since i tinkered with her.)

this time i'm fitting all the performance ignition stuff as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm bahi main ap kee first beetle ka baray main janana chata hon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani_789
    it was a simple black 68 economy, roof removed, door pillars removed, windscreen frame chopped, custom winscreen, reenforced floorpan (like the cabrio beetle) and 225/50R16 tyres on TSW Imola rims (7.5x16). no roof option, built as a speedster but had rear seats under the vinyl cover if needed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm bahe ap ka pass ha ist beetle ha.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello fellow members. hope every one is doing good. May be some of you might know that i own a type1 economy bug 69. but sadly these days its abandoned in my garage as its too hot to drive it and i was very busy studying..
    its been quite some time that i have been planning on swaping its current 1.2 litre motor with a bigger displacement motor. I used to visit this forum so i have an idea that the best option in pakistan is 1.6 litre engine which can get you around 60 ponnies. But i talked to a mechanic Saleem in lahore(mozang)..according to him its possible to get the block machined and bigger pistons from jap cars can be installed to get engine with 1.8 litre, 2.0 litre or even greater. I was confused so just wanted to ask to guys whether its possible or not.. if yes then is it relaible?
    when going got tough then tough got going

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@miyaan1987
    welcome back (Y)

i'd suggest you go for an original VW conversion kit, you can start with a simple1776cc conversion or an 1834cc conversion. after that you can add dual carbs and cams (with all the extra bits as time and budget allows) and you'll have a screamer on your hands.

KPsheikh is currently running an 1834cc engine on a single large carb and basic VW cams and his car is more than fast enough to give a corolla a scare.

before this engine he was running a 2100cc beetle block with dual 44 carbs etc and his VW would powerslide in the 2nd to 3rd gear upshift (way too fast).

i'd suggest you go for a simple 1600 dual port and then upgrade your brakes and suspension. once that is done then you can start thinking about more performance since even back in the 70's beetles had discs up front when they ran 1600cc engines. this is the bare minimum you need to think about before adding any more power.

BTW a good dual port 1600 in my opinion is more than enough for daily city driving. any more power and you'll have to addressing issues like an external oil cooler as well as a dog house fanshorud/oil cooler kit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shani_798

storm bahe ap ka pass ha ist beetle ha.......
    maazrat mangta hu bhai, aap ki baat samaj mei nahi ai.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

earlier i wanted to go for a 1.6 dual port but now i'm in a dilemma because i think that if i go for this option and once i have it done what if its not up to the mark i want it to be and secondly the problem is that where do i get a 1776 etc kit as i do not have any one abroad and its not available here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in that case i think you are stuck with the 1.6 option only as nobody has 1776 and 1834 kits here at the moment.

in all honesty you have 3 options now:

1) build yourself a 1600 duaport, find dual carbs and slowly upgrade the performance as and when you can get parts from abroad

2) find yourself a 1800 or 2000cc VW engine (i think they are from type 4's) convert it to upright cooling (like the fan in your current engine) and use that. the only problem here is that the conversion is big. it requires a good engine to start with (good compression etc) and then you have to modify the engine bay a little so that everything will fit.

3) from time to time you can find what is called a "1700 hydraulic engine" which will give you more torque than a stock 1600 but almost all tuners abroad hate this block since it is almost impossible to modify it.

personally i think you shoudl stick with original parts and you could possibly consider fitting a turbo but first you'd have to upgrade your mounts, suspension, steering and brakes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you for guiding..
    so the punch line is that i go for a 1.6 dual port(as for now)...
    and put that jap parts installation option out of the equation. May be later i can source any kit from abroad.
    and ill require youre help in building performance in it because i am very much inexperienced with aircooled engine as i havnt tinkered with it yet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    are there any vw parts distributer in manchester or dubai?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm bahi you have your first beetle

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@miyaan1987
    aircooled engines are easier to work on than watercooled ones (less to tinker with) also VW engines are pretty straightforward. i'll do what i can to guide you the best i can but i think you need ot head down to khalid ustaads workshop in westrige (pindi). I spent the entire day there today and met alot of interesting people.

i'm still in favour of the 1600cc dualport engine. i fnally got mine running right and i gave some kids in a civic the scare of their lives when i kept up with them (clearly it was an auto and on CNG) but still you should have seen the look on their faces when i was side by side with them at 100

i urge you to have all the mechanicals checked with khalid before you decide on any performance upgrades as it is important to have a good base to start on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shani_798
    nahi bhai, bheych di thi 1999 mei. ub gari khatam ho gai hai.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List