Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 484 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

*abt the drivers side window-i meant that it is there but the smaller window that opens so that wind can come irectly on ur face is not equipped with a locking mechanism so im looking for that!

i meant to say this in my earlier post but noticed that i had messed up in what i was tryin to explaian earlier.sorry.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miy16
    the picsi added earlier,were taken the day my elder bro gifted me the car on my grades-that was abt a month back-since then i have made a few modifications to my ride-but it has never let me down!!!!i would be very grateful if someone could tell me where i can buy/get the rear spoiler which recently broke after my brother sat on it!ino very hard to believe!!!i myself cudntbel soÂ* and dint tok to him for a few days as i was pretty enraged abt the incident!i am also looking for a spare side window for the driver s side door-it was never there from before and i can only blame the previous stupid owner for perhaps breaking it off-owing to that i dont take it to many places.....ohh and i am also looking for the ignition switch because mine got spoilt recently and am temporarily using a local replacement--but am really missing starting my car with the original VW key that came along with my ride when my bro bought it for me......sooooooo i would really appreciate any help you gys can give me!it wud really be a great help because the ppl who ive asked soo far have hardly provided any solid advice or help-so anything from u guys wud be pretty amazing!

HEY... I really tell you two names here:

Sameer / Romano

These are two guys which can help you with your VW ... I would say they are the best people you can come across hat off to both of them... CHEERS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miy16
    the picsi added earlier,were taken the day my elder bro gifted me the car on my grades-that was abt a month back-since then i have made a few modifications to my ride-but it has never let me down!!!!i would be very grateful if someone could tell me where i can buy/get the rear spoiler which recently broke after my brother sat on it!ino very hard to believe!!!i myself cudntbel soÂ* and dint tok to him for a few days as i was pretty enraged abt the incident!i am also looking for a spare side window for the driver s side door-it was never there from before and i can only blame the previous stupid owner for perhaps breaking it off-owing to that i dont take it to many places.....ohh and i am also looking for the ignition switch because mine got spoilt recently and am temporarily using a local replacement--but am really missing starting my car with the original VW key that came along with my ride when my bro bought it for me......sooooooo i would really appreciate any help you gys can give me!it wud really be a great help because the ppl who ive asked soo far have hardly provided any solid advice or help-so anything from u guys wud be pretty amazing!

HEY... I really tell you two names here:

Sameer / Romano

These are two guys which can help you with your VW ... I would say they are the best people you can come across hats off to both of them... CHEERS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh ok thanks fadee bhai-ill try in get in touch with them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@miy16
    congratulations on the VW (Y)

you should be able to get the 1/4 glass from a kabaria, but make sure it is a post 1968 window as the earlier stuff will either not suit your car or not fit.

Ignition switches are becoming harder and harder to come by, specially one that works. best bet is to get in touch with a good kabaria or your local mechanic and have them source you one.

do you have pics of the rear spoiler? where was it mounted?

your car looks like a 1974 economy model, which is quite light and the 1200 will be ok in that car. however i was reffering to running a 1200 in a deluxe or a superbeetle which weigh ALOT more. I had a 1200 in my 68 speedster which weighed about the same as a "thing" and it was REAAAALY slow.

let me know how we can be of help and we'll do what we can and also share some more pics/info on your car.

@fadee
    thanks for the mention, but i wish i knew as much as romano, nasir & asadishaque, those guys are die hard VW nuts, i only specialize in superbeetles and things.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

Thank u so much for all the info!!!!!!im very grateful!

umm yes ur totally right-mine is a 1200cc economy 1974 model.

ohk well i guess i misunderstod u there- i get ur point now-i thought u were tokin abt the 1200cc economy models in general-soo i was a lil offended there to be honest coz i love my car and i know its potential and get quite hurt when ppl say stuff abt my car-so im sorry but i guess i had nt understood u there!LOL-MY BAD!

well many ppl told me to tok to a kabaria abt the 1/4 window and i would really love to but the problem is that i really dont know any!-plus my dad does nt allow me going to bilalgunj and similar places alone to look for stuff coz he says that they ll rip me off which is true but then i get frustrated and he mostly never has the time and soo ive got a lot of work to be done in my bug and the problems are only increasing. My passengers seat big windows mechanism has got spoilt and does nt go up an ddown nymore soo my denter has fixed it shut and ive kept the handle so my friends dont forcefully try and get it down(uno how young ppl react when they see/sit in foxys!!!lol)yeh but its very frustrating coz u have to tell u rpassenger=yaar im sorry aapka sheesha nahi khulta but you can open the smaller side one!lol...soo i feel bad abt that. other than that my glove compartment is almost worn out and im looking for that too. soo yeh ive got a lotta work to get done!!!!

it wud be a great help if u cud refer me to an experienced kharadiah or give me the location of one that wil do a gud job....

abt the spoiler i meant the small spoiler type thingy that rests on the dickey of the beetle-i was actually tkin abt that small thingie.....soo thats what broke a few months back when my brother was leaning on it!lolyes quite unbelievable i still get mad at him for tht!lol-

i will attach more images of my bug as soon as i get the time-im hung up in a lil stuff nowadays but ill try nd do it tomorrow.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just thiking aloud...

Where in Pakistan (I mean absolutely anywhere in the country) would I have to go to find the following VWs in any condition but without being mercilessly ripped off?

1. Oval window Bug ('53-'57)
    2. '58 - '63 Bug RAGTOP
    3. Karmann Ghia (older the better)
    4. Karmann CONVERTIBLE Bug (any model)

Information highly appreciated. I'm currently sitting VWless and not liking it one bit.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Try the light grey early 60s ragtop parked by the side entrance of the PC Pindi hotel. owned some employee, and a good project car. I have no further info.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Romano: that car's actually a 1958 Ragtop that's owned by a restaurant manager in the PC. He's an old man who's owned the car for donkey's years and I tried to get him to sell once or twice, but refuses on the grounds that over the years he's developed a strong bond with the car.

It's rusty but running with mods in the all the expected places - maybe I'll try him again soon.

On the subject of Ragtops in the twin cities, there's also a bright silver coloured 1960 ragtop (LHD) that I've been seeing around Isloo for many years. Last I recall it was owned by a radio presenter (possibly in Radio Pakistan) back in the late '90s and not for sale again.

Anyone know this car/owner?

Cheers
    -Aleem
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1
    @ Romano: that car's actually a 1958 Ragtop that's owned by a restaurant manager in the PC. He's an old man who's owned the car for donkey's years and I tried to get him to sell once or twice, but refuses on the grounds that over the years he's developed a strong bond with the car.

It's rusty but running with mods in the all the expected places - maybe I'll try him again soon.

On the subject of Ragtops in the twin cities, there's also a bright silver coloured 1960 ragtop (LHD) that I've been seeing around Isloo for many years. Last I recall it was owned by a radio presenter (possibly in Radio Pakistan) back in the late '90s and not for sale again.

Anyone know this car/owner?

Cheers
    -Aleem

@Aleem

Ya I know the owner its RIH registered... It is owned by co woker of mine n her dad runs a workshop the car is NOT for sale ...

Regards

Fawaz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brothers,

my elder brother was in USA 2 weeks ago and i told him to bring the tail light cover for my beetle(1974)
    yesterday he came back but unfortunatly he bought the wrong lights by mistake, the light covers r for 1968-70 model beetle i believe.

when i opened the box i was so xited but after seeing the lights i was

anywayz if any of u brother have 1968-70 beetle, u can take these pack light covers from me.

these covers r useless for me so i will be happy if any 1 of u want these covers,

plz see pix and do not hasitate to contact me if u really want these light covers.

regards

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -982699

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -982700

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -982701
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear I was just wondering to change my tail lights I have a 69 vw econo ... What's the deal ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where r u from? i live in sialkot. and u?
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro I was just wondering to change my tail lights I have a 69 1200 econo .. Whts the deal ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fadee
    where r u from? i live in sialkot. and u?
    can contact me on 0300-8710115
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro I belong to sailkot but reside in islamabad bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so how 2 get the light cover?
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My family member own a factory in daska is it possible that it can be delivered or they can pick it up from u sir ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my factory is also on daska road. yes u can send sum1 to pick the lights from me
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok bro please let me know your adress bro???

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List