Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 484 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fadee where in islamabad i mean?
    i am familier with islamabad roads

and 2ndly fadee what abt light covers? can u share ur beetle pix with me, i want to see that is ur beetle a economy model or not?
    Accelerate Yourself.!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure thing I think it at jinnah super market pizza hut
    And ya just talked to the person in daska his name is asghar he ll drop by tomorrow n ya ill send u my VW pics through MMS nw ok

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All

Hi every one I have a suggestion here if the venue for GTG isn't finalizied yet I have a marvalous place in mind it is in f-11 markaz the block in which shaheen & D watson is the place is called MAUSAM's CAFE XO and the food mean iftari is good too I think its 750/- per head buffet I can also try n get discount on that the best part about that place is that it has a huge parking lot in front of it with bright sodium street lights where we all can park our VW,s and exchange comments its just suggestion the rest is all up to u guys CIAO...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can suggest this in the GTG thread
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Sameer bhai: Yeah you are right...
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

spent another day VWing yesterday,... what i great little car

@fadee
    i think they are more or less decided on "tandoori" in G8.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah not to forget arrangers have the veto power to decide the place

So how many Beetles are we getting???

Where should we join for Grand Entrance LOL

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all!

Excuse my long mysterious disappearance, thanks to being under the weather for a good two weeks, followed by immense weakness which continues but is fortunately getting better by the day.

Have quite a bit of catching up to do, updates to threads etc……

For the moment, announcing here that I have finally decided to sell one of my 68 Beetles. Too much at hand, so one has to go. Looking for a customer now…..any takers???

Some details on the car are as under:

Was restored in 2004-05. Not a body off resto but a good quality closely supervised denting and painting job to original specs. No alterations were done to the body apart from strengthening the chassis a bit. All the mechanical work was done which now needs a bit of attention.

Unfortunately, the freshly painted bug was abandoned by my self as I went abroad for about a year. Came back and got busy with a new job so could not give time to the poor bug. The storage did her no good and the body showed signs of rust taking hold.

Currently the car is at a denter’s. About half the bodywork is done. All four fenders were taken off and areas repaired. Both bonnets replaced by good used items as the ones on the car showed some rust.

The roof is awaiting repairs. It does have horrible rust in the rain gutters. My approach would be to slice the roof off and graft in a clean one from a donor car.

Or if someone wants to turn it into a convertible/speedster/roadster/Wizard, this is the ideal opportunity .

I can offer two deals here. One, the buyer takes the car as is where is. Two, I can help with the rebuild, involving my own workforce under the supervision of the buyer and go according to what he wants. I can help with sourcing of parts, technical expertise etc.

I am posting no pictures. If someone is genuinely interested, please contact me and we shall arrange a viewing. I think a physical viewing is a must if someone wants to purchase the car so that he knows what exactly is involved in the project. I do not want anyone to think that I am out to cheat people. Also we can sit down and talk in detail about the task ahead.

Shall prefer a local buyer (mostly due to above reason) but its not a condition.

Can post more detail if any one has genuine interest. I have no demand whatsoever, the buyer can offer what he thinks is reasonable. Clean papers in my name, taxes up to date till June 2009.

Best regards
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank u so much for all the info!!!!!!im very grateful!

umm yes ur totally right-mine is a 1200cc economy 1974 model. ohk well i guess i misunderstod u there- i get ur point now-i thought u were tokin abt the 1200cc economy models in general-soo i was a lil offended there to be honest coz i love my car and i know its potential and get quite hurt when ppl say stuff abt my car-so im sorry but i guess i had nt understood u there!LOL-MY BAD! well many ppl told me to tok to a kabaria abt the 1/4 window and i would really love to but the problem is that i really dont know any!-plus my dad does nt allow me going to bilalgunj and similar places alone to look for stuff coz he says that they ll rip me off which is true but then i get frustrated and he mostly never has the time and soo ive got a lot of work to be done in my bug and the problems are only increasing. My passengers seat big windows mechanism has got spoilt and does nt go up an ddown nymore soo my denter has fixed it shut and ive kept the handle so my friends dont forcefully try and get it down(uno how young ppl react when they see/sit in foxys!!!lol)yeh but its very frustrating coz u have to tell u rpassenger=yaar im sorry aapka sheesha nahi khulta but you can open the smaller side one!lol...soo i feel bad abt that. other than that my glove compartment is almost worn out and im looking for that too. soo yeh ive got a lotta work to get done!!!! it wud be a great help if u cud refer me to an experienced kharadiah or give me the location of one that wil do a gud job.... abt the spoiler i meant the small spoiler type thingy that rests on the dickey of the beetle-i was actually tkin abt that small thingie.....soo thats what broke a few months back when my brother was leaning on it!lolyes quite unbelievable i still get mad at him for tht!lol- i will attach more images of my bug as soon as i get the time-im hung up in a lil stuff nowadays...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello All - I'm back ... and now have a new project in mind... when i was a kid - we used to live in khi and my dad said that we would build a dune buggy for the beach and have loads of fun in it !...

...now the plan is the same - the city is different and i believe it can be driven in the banks of the ravi.. what say ?

i need a beetle with a good chasis/suspension and good engine.. as powerful as it gets would be the best - like the one Adil had (Aridsoul) - we took that beaut up to ayubia - ran the engine non stop for over 11hrs in our drive straight down from ayubia all the way to lahore ! ... yes believe it or not - we did not shut her engine off ! - it was a 1.6!

so guys i dont care aboiut the body as im going to take it off... rest of the car should be good... can i get this kinda car for between 10-20k ? do let me know.

thanks for keepin this forum going - HOOWAA to VWs...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Asad - bro can u please send me pics of the vw that is in poor body condition - the one that can be converted to a buggy / roadster... also let me know what engine its running and the condition of the engine?..

what work does it need on suspension?

wheels?

engine?

u know the stuff ill need off the car... is it in running condition? drivable?

u can email me pics @ miylive@hotmail.com... id like to use it as a project car but baseline is i need a powerful engine.. at least 1.5!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    i have a 1.2 litre engine up for sale..but no idea about the price..reason for selling is that im replacing it with other engine..
    can anyone tell me how much should i b asking for it?
    it is in a running condition but may need overhauling
    when going got tough then tough got going

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the maroon one is nice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -986397

This iswhat I spotted a few days ago any guessed why there are vents in the hood
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the radiator ..................???????
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And this is where the engine is supposed to be.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -986398

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Front wheel drive Bug, with a Jap engine! Someone get a shot of that pls!
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

luckily im getting a high compression piston kit...but according to the mechanic it would heat up the car on long run and ill have to run it on hi octane...should i go for it or the mechanic is right and low compression pistons are good for pakistan?

the engine is 1.6 by the way

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miyaan1987

luckily im getting a high compression piston kit...but according to the mechanic it would heat up the car on long run and ill have to run it on hi octane...should i go for it or the mechanic is right and low compression pistons are good for pakistan? the engine is 1.6 by the way
    even the high compression mahle kits (like what i'm running) can be run on super so tell your mechanic that he's a muppet (7.5:1 isn't high by todays standards). KP used to run a 2100 with dual 40+ carbs and even that engine could run on super. i'd say go for the piston kit but ensure that you run in the engine before trying to push it hard.

as for your old engine value, i'd suggest you ask asad or romano.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any one selling blade bumpers? both front and rear.
    i have europa type(early ones)...if interested in exchange.

my europa bumpers are in mint condition.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List