Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 484 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

American serial killer Ted Bundy was arrested after police noticed the VW Beetle he was driving was wearing stolen numberplates. His car is pictured above, 20 years after he was electrocuted for killing at least 26 people. The current owner wants $25,000 for this most notorious of cars.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dimenxions

Hello VWers.. ..

This is my first post on this thread and I am fairly new to project cars and modification. I have always had a project car of VW beetle in mind and I am planning to execute it now. I have a few questions regarding the engine.. The mechanic I have been talking to .. suggested that the VW engine is better ... but he also gave me an option of replacing the VW engine by 1.6 VTI or maybe a 1.8 engine of some other car...

I dont have ay knowledge of engines, and I would like your input in whether it is possible to put such engines of other cars and fix them in the VW Beetle.. and if it can be done.. any feedback regarding performance or anything..

Thanks... sorry for any stupid questions... but hope you understand.
    it's not a stupid question. with VW's it never is. you can fit anything you want but it's a bad idea. many have tried and ALL have failed. these cars have alot of tuning potential with their original engines. best bet is to fit a 1600 dual port, and then bolt on some performance parts like heads, cams etc.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miy16

@fedd/romano

salam ppl. i heard abt the VWcop stickers and i wud nt mind getting two for my 1974 1200cc..i heard they are available in LHR so plz let me know when and from where i canpick them up.....

Regards...miy16

contact fedd, we left a few stickers with him on our last LHR trip.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by miyaan1987

my 1.6 dp is on verge of completion..but i cant decide on which carb to install as my mechanic is insisting on 30 pct because he says it will give me good petrol average... other option is 34pct carb which im interested in because whats the point in spending so much geez n then not get the optimum potential out of it.. what do u all suggest?
    i'm running a 31 on my 1303 and it's a disaster. the car runs like a 1300. romano has a 34 on his car and it returns about the same average as my car, but is alot faster. as mentioned above, there is no point having a rebuilt 1600 when it drives like a 1300. however, finding a good 34PICT carb is next to impossible in PK. I've been searching for one for almost 10 years (since i built my first 68).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for my long disappearance from PWs.

Back with some offers for rescue services/ projects available for sale.

First is of course my own 68 bug. As already mentioned, its an ideal project car to turn into a convertible/ roadster/Wizard. I can help with the project if anyone asks.

Have been in touch with my local junkyard contact. He has recently scrapped two or three bugs. Currently there are two more on death row.

First is a 74 standard bug. Saw it a couple of days ago as it was being driven around town on its last journeys. Quite complete and in decent shape with a metallic green finish. An ideal beginners’ car. Can be used as is as its very presentable and can be restored at a later date when funds allow. The downside is that there are taxes accumulated for some 20 years! Thus this makes the poor bug destined for heaven. It is in good running condition and equipped with LPG (Liquid petroleum gas). The scrapper has asked a flat price of Rupees 35 thousand for it from me. No bargaining. Metal prices are down so these people are trying to recover lost profits from every source they can.

Second is a 64 bug. Have not seen it but is said to be a good project car. Said to be ‘easy to start and bring back on the road with minimum effort’. I have not seen this car personally yet so cant say anything about its condition/potential. Papers for this car are relatively easy to handle. I think the last tax paid was Dec 2002 (I may be off by a year or so). It is said the engine, a 1200cc unit probably if original for the car, was recently overhauled and much mechanical work was done, including front suspension king/link pin repairs. I have to see the car to believe anything.

The 64 is available for 25 thousand rupees flat and fixed as is where is. I was thinking about acquiring the chassis of this car along with the running gear (that is engine, gearbox, wheels…..that is everything except the body). The scrapper only offered 5 thousand for the body, that is 20 thousand for the running chassis.

Any interest in this chassis????? Its best for the buggy project someone wants to undertake. A pre 65 king/link pin suspension makes a superb off-roader. One would know details on this if the area is researched.

Both the 64 and 74 are due to die early next week. By Tuesday or Wednesday they would be history. Anyone with genuine interest in any of these cars or any parts can please contact me via pmail as soon as possible.

Best wishes and regards to all,

Dr. Asad

asadishaque68@yahoo.com

PS: Would write more soon. Have a lot of catching up to do.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad : coming to KHI on Friday. Business on Friday should be free most of Saturday. Really, really need to find my lost '60 Ragtop. Will start the hunt at the area/police station where lost and work forwards from there, really only have half a day available as must be back to ISB on Sunday.

If possible I would really appreciate any help or tips on the hunt from you.

I really dont want to have to buy another car without trying my damnest to get hold on my own Ragtop, but God forbid, just in case, would also appreciate if you could give me info on any older (ie pre 63 or so) Bug or other VW your local scrapper has or has in sights...
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WANTED...DEAD OR ALIVE....MY MISSING CAR - FOR THE RECORD:

These are the only surviving photographs of the car, which were taken in July 2006 shortly after its purchase, on main M.A. Jinnah Road, Karachi (opposite BVS Parsi High School) where the vehicle was last seen.

To refresh everyone's memories....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -997836

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -997837

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -997838

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -997839

Help!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aleem!

I cannot promise to meet up this saturday but do send me an SMS (please call only after I return you an SMS) as soon as you are in town this friday. I remain busy with my new job, cant promise whether Id be able to join you in your hunt on saturday though I would love to.

I suggest you stretch your visit by a day or two if at all possible for you. We might need to run after some people provided we are able to locate the missing bug (hopefully InshAllah). Its a mission indeed.

May I ask why you prefer a pre 63 bug???? What is special about a pre 63??

You might want to consider the 64 I mentioned in the last post but it may be a major project.

Best of luck and regards,

See you soon.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Asad. Will SMS you on saturday just in case you're available...it may be that the whole thing turns out to be a big wild goosechase after all these years. But must try. As for my preferance for pre '63 bugs- well '63 was the last year for the ragtop sunroof, and the small popes nose type numberplate light, two classic beetle traits in my opinion and watching Herby as a kid also gave me a soft spot for '63s. You'll also notice that while post 64 bugs are relatively abundant in Pakistan, for some reason 63 and older are usually damn hard to find. Will consider 64 project mentioned. Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aleem1
    good luck on your quest

@asad
    as usual you come up with the goods (Y) hope all's going well with your project.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys i want to sell my VW 1968 Delux..Its in a genuine condition..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Pictures woudl help sell the car faster and it'd also allow us to see what state the car is in.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

QUEST TO FIND MY 1960 RAGTOP THROWS UP MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS

KARACHI:
    After an entire day's worth of scouring the streets for my car, the search has proven more than a little disappointing. I started my search in the very area the car was last seen standing (M.A. Jinnah Road, opposite BVS Parsi High School), asked the old chowkidars, and moved towards Preedy Street Police Station.

The traffic section told me to go inside the station and check for an FIR under section 550 PPC (abandoned vehicle), found nothing, and went to ACLC office (main Saddar Police Station) near Governor's House. The vehicle lot was completely empty (a large ground), and police station was unhelpful.

I then diversified, and went to visit the mother of all city car lots - a proverbial car car graveyard - called the Aziz Bhatti Nazarat (Central Car Pool) where literally hundreds of cars and motorcycles and scooters of almost every description lie in various states of disrepair.

There are 4-5 VWs there, mostly 70s Beetles in scrap condition. My car was nowhere to be seen. I ploughed through the deep jungles of this lot, climbed over car roofs, watching out for snakes and scorpions while the midday sun was out in full force. But to no avail.

All I could do was to ask the police guard/ranger's official to take a copy of the flyer i made, with pics of my car and a brief description, and to contact me after checking both the computer database and the lot physically - accessing the areas I couldn't.

Let's see what happens.

-Aleem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALSO...I wonder if anyone here remembers an ad that appeared in the NEWS a few months back (maybe 3-4 months ago) advertising a 1962 Sunroof Beetle LHD for sale in Karachi, stating the car was in very original condition.

Apparently car was owned by a businessman/industrialist in KHI for a very long time, and asking price was about 250k.

Anyone know of this car - where is it now? Was it sold?
    Would appreiciate any info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aleem
    that sucks, i'm sure if you keep at it you'll find som egood leads eventually and will be re-united with your VW.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello all!!

just to share that i got my engine ready couple of weeks ago and in process of completing engine running... its a 1600cc dual port strong enough to raise my bugs nose:-P...along with complete engine overhaul i got a long ratio gearbox, new suspension, brakes overhaul with new parts and a good steering box.. now the car is mechanically fit.

also replaced old 16 205 55 tyres with 15 195 65...which makes the ride smoother.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -1001138
    when going got tough then tough got going

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@miyaan1987
    Looking sweet (Y)

what is the code of the gearbox? is it one of the boxes moqeem/shakeel had?

i can't remember what engine you had in the car before but i'm sure a fully overhauled 1600DP must feel great in it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1959 Beetle in Abbottabad (Abandoned):

A recent discussion on Asad's 59 Ragtop restoration indicates that there might still be an abandoned red coloured 1959 beetle in Abbottabad, specifically on the Abbottabad-Nathiagali road. It was certainly there a few years ago, and I clearly remember talk of this car but I never had the time go visit myself.

Is this car still there? Can anyone here, who is or lives in the area, give me any info? If this car is there, I guarantee I will personally go and rescue it this weekend. If it's there, the car is as good as
    saved

Awaiting your input!

Many thanks,

Aleem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

P.S.
    I asked Romano, who says that he didn't notice the car standing there during his recent trip to the area.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    the car was previously running on 1200cc.
    i didnt bought it from shakeel but he was talking about some long ratio gear boxes...i dont know whether my gear box is similar to ones he has...where should i look for the gear box code?
    the one i have right now has longer gears compared to what i used to have with 1200cc...but the 1st gear is still too small..
    when going got tough then tough got going

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List