Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 484 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    hmmm. i dont wanna let go off my alloy rims. i'll try and get as thin as possible on those rims. whats the profile size reommended? im thinking 70?
    165s require an 80 profile on 15's to maintian correct height. however the width of your rim cannot be more than 5.5-6 inches.

i'd suggest that if you rims are wider then you'll have to go for 185/65R15 tyres and deal with a slightly less harsher ride than you have right now. khair many have fit wide tyres so if you don't mind changing your bearings and bushes (eventually) you can stick to the current setup (with correct tyre pressures - stated above)

BTW when are we getting updated pics on your car? i wasn to see how the wheels look now on it.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    guess what's so special about this car?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -16423

it's a 1303 body mounted on a boxter S frame!!!!
    http://www.bugster.at/
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sharjemad View Post
    @Storm
    After many days search I m thinking to get this bug plz suggest that rather i can own it or not?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 15839 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 15840 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 15841 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 15842 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 15843
    didn't i answer this question already on page 216????

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/2001526-post4307.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    165s require an 80 profile on 15's to maintian correct height. however the width of your rim cannot be more than 5.5-6 inches.

i'd suggest that if you rims are wider then you'll have to go for 185/65R15 tyres and deal with a slightly less harsher ride than you have right now. khair many have fit wide tyres so if you don't mind changing your bearings and bushes (eventually) you can stick to the current setup (with correct tyre pressures - stated above)

BTW when are we getting updated pics on your car? i wasn to see how the wheels look now on it.
    thanks for the detailed explanation storm.

based on what you and romano have suggested, i'll try and get as thinner tires as possible, and keep the pressure at 17-front / 22-rear......how's that?

i'll snap and post some pics soon. the rims looks much better now after being painted white.
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all beetle lovers,

I am offering my bug for sale, you can have details at
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/buy...e-fs-islamabad

your help getting me sell my bug will be highly appriciated, for any further query you may contact me on following number,

Regards,
    Muhammad Mahmood
    +92 333 5522 376

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the detailed explanation storm.

based on what you and romano have suggested, i'll try and get as thinner tires as possible, and keep the pressure at 17-front / 22-rear......how's that?

i'll snap and post some pics soon. the rims looks much better now after being painted white.
    anytime buddy, but do note the following:

the correct tyre pressure is 19 up front and 27 at the rear, and 165's are 5.6x15

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess during these posts I forgot answering fadee, well buddy the video was done in a hurry, will share with all soon, just got busy with my semester finals
    However I had to cut out ur part of the interview coz of the background noise...

I wish I had been more proffessional with it but it was strictly University work and I did get thumbs up even for a mediocre job... InshAllah will make a detailed and proffessional video on VWCOP that could even be aired on TV... (Depends highly on the time I can allocate)

From now on I will be with my camera at VWCOP GTG's...

Arslan
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Funky
    what about the contact number of the owner of 66. Do u got the number or not?
    Sharjeel Ashfaq Butt 0313-8484880

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    Dear all beetle lovers,

I am offering my bug for sale, you can have details at
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/buy...e-fs-islamabad

your help getting me sell my bug will be highly appriciated, for any further query you may contact me on following number,

Regards,
    Muhammad Mahmood
    +92 333 5522 376
    My offer for the bug is still valid my dear but you have to pay the 5 years missing tokens
    Sharjeel Ashfaq Butt 0313-8484880

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sharjeel
    not paying any tokens and not intrested in your "valid" offer, which i dont consider to be valid at my end, come face to face with me and whatever you say will be considered valid to me for consideration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sharjemad: As soon as possible... You might have to wait... I am getting busy in my Finals...
    Labrador Puppies FOR SALE: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sale/139500-labrador-pups-show-winner-parents-sale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, the 65 bodyshell in F11? Well, its gone! Went over with Storm this evening, and NO CAR! a young twerp turns up saying he had sold the entire body for 4500/- to a Kabaria, who promptly cut it up on the spot and carted it away! Am so pissed off. We rescued the speedo, glasses, steering wheel and column, a front bumper, and some other little bits. Such a pity. @ Aleem, if you had called me just a bit earlier I would have given you a plan to save it.. but I guess we always think the grass on the other side is greener. Wake up guys! That split window with sunroof may or may not be 'out' there, but meanwhile, lots of classic Beetles are going to the wreckers. Time is not on our side.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys, i got new tires put on....185/65/15. the ride is MUCH better and the steering is also lighter...but now the height seems a bit too much...any idea how to get it set?

the ride is still too hard. i'm suspecting the shocks may be busted...any ideas?
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Romano

Agreed, shame the car has gone to waste. But in retrospect it would have been a bit too ambitious a project to take on, even for me, who's gung-ho for a challenge right now. The 'twerp' you mention said I could take it away for 9k.

Well gone is gone, but you're right to say that time isn't on our side. Lessons to be learnt for the next time then, including faster responses/better intelligence and coordination between all concerned...jeez, I sound like a failed army general now.

The proverbial sunroof split probably exists out 'there' somewhere. Only God and the Provincial Departments of Vehicle Registration really know...
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the meantime...Another News Flash! Another VW potentially up for saving from the scrapper in ISB...this time let's try and get this right!

The car in question is a 1963 Beetle in white, with an old Mianwali number. This car has an interesting history. It used to be a regular fixture in the Blue Area for umpteen years, and was apparently an 'abandoned' vehicle.

In the early 2000s, the car was taken away by the Kohsar police in preparation for the August 14th parade one year (back when they used to be public events). The car was then impounded at the Kohsar police station, in F-7 where it stood for several more years. I noticed the car there one day when visiting a client in custody.
    My contact at the Kohsar station, an ASI, now tells me that the car is awaiting either auction or scrapping at the Abandoned Car Lot/Pool in Tarlai, which is somewhere near the Commissioner's Office. I am not familiar with the area.

Can anyone help out? The car is complete minus docs and largely original. too old for the scrapper!

Aleem
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aleem,
    This wont be easy, the auction procedures are absurd, and often entail several months if not years. Papers should not be a problem as long as you are able to get a sales recepit from the police. I have been looking for a 63 or earlier bug since long therefore, you can count me in as a potential buyer. I hope this can wait until my next visit around mid-feb. With 2 bikes to restore and a Moggy to zoop up, my hands are full but, pre 65 VWs are becoming rare by the day.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone interested in rescuing the green vw at workshop in Golra? Car has been extensively modified so cannot be fixed but frame should be good for a future thrown away body. The number is 0323 510 2185. Go on guys, try yr luck. A frame with papers is of VALUE to someone out there! I spoke to the owner some months ago and he was asking 20k, not a lot since the car will yield doors, window glass, speedo, steering, engine and gearbox, plus the complete frame of course. all wheels on it.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Donot tell me you cut the part man ...no gals will see the video than ...you have a super model giving you an interview and that was the only part where evry one could have apericated you man just kidding :d...you know i just wanted to see how i looked hehehhehehehe thats ok mate have fun :p
    tc

Quote Originally Posted by funkycapricorn View Post
    i guess during these posts i forgot answering fadee, well buddy the video was done in a hurry, will share with all soon, just got busy with my semester finals :p
    however i had to cut out ur part of the interview coz of the background noise...

I wish i had been more proffessional with it but it was strictly university work and i did get thumbs up even for a mediocre job... Inshallah will make a detailed and proffessional video on vwcop that could even be aired on tv... :d(depends highly on the time i can allocate)

from now on i will be with my camera at vwcop gtg's...

Arslan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

happy new year guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey guys, i got new tires put on....185/65/15. the ride is MUCH better and the steering is also lighter...but now the height seems a bit too much...any idea how to get it set?

the ride is still too hard. i'm suspecting the shocks may be busted...any ideas?
    Congratulations on the new purchase. Now yours cars wheels & tyres are moer or less at the correct height (634mm). Both the front and rear heights can be adjusted but do check to ensure that you are not lowering it too much as these old cars WERE high. if it must be lowered you MUST get it doen from a pro as there is a high risk of losing a body part if you incorrectly open the rear suspension. As for the shocks, have a suspensino pro check them AND check to see if they are the correct size & spec for your application.

as you are getting it opened you must have the mechanic check the bushes and your bump stops as now would be a great time to replace them.

good luck and post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by fadee View Post
    @all

happy new year guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and to you buddy.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List