Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 484 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mus1 View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry I don't post often, just that time and work don't allow - I'll try and be more regular! (fingers crossed)

I was wondering if we could have an all VW meet sometime in MArch? do let me know who all would be interested..

Venue must be Lahore, exact location - well I'm open to discussion!

ciao!
    Mus1
    sure, why not
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in! I REALLY want to see a proper meet in another city! It seems the only VW related activity seems to be Isb based. Why is that? No enthusiasts out there? Only owners/hoarders?? BE the change you want to see!
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@romano
    as long as i get my (entire) vision back by then i'm ready to take the 1303 for another endurance test... or maybe the 182.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    I am in! I REALLY want to see a proper meet in another city! It seems the only VW related activity seems to be Isb based. Why is that? No enthusiasts out there? Only owners/hoarders?? BE the change you want to see!

@ ROmano and Storm - your enthusiasm is appreciated! .. so then I can expect you guys to show up ? .. we can hold it somewhere where there's ample space to move around without too many interfering crowds.. I don't know how about Jallo?.. its wide open.. suggestions are welcome and there should be ONLY beetles!... how does that sound... yes a beetle exclusive meet - the little car does require pampering every once in a while hehe .. let me know what date in march works for everyone?... anyone willing to volunteer to coordinate the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    sure, why not

@ Storm .. hey what happened to your vision bro ?!?... my eyes are going too!! .. especially night driving i try to stay away from.. anyway all the best with getting your vision back!

Hi All,

can anyone give me a rough quote on alloys for a 72 beetle... i wont a straight bolt on - no mods to hub or rim..

preferably hollow alloys.. to make the car look lower..

any help appreciated - what about with the wheels and without?

thanks!

also looking for a good body and paint shop - any recommendations.. and estimates on how much a decent job would cost - body is in failry good shape .. jus a few dents and scrapes on the fenders (mud guards whatever u wana call them :p)... thanks!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm .. hey what happened to your vision bro ?!?... my eyes are going too!! .. especially night driving i try to stay away from.. anyway all the best with getting your vision back!
    I have a severe eye infectino which has caused my lids to swell to a point where i'm barely able to see. my eyes are red and VERY itchy. got it from rubing my eyes with dirty hands (i'm alwyas working on my cars)

Hi All,

can anyone give me a rough quote on alloys for a 72 beetle... i wont a straight bolt on - no mods to hub or rim..

preferably hollow alloys.. to make the car look lower..

any help appreciated - what about with the wheels and without?

thanks!
    you'll need to find a rims with a 4x130 bolt pattern. in pakistan that is impossible. my advice is to either stick to stock, find some original GT rims or import a set of rims for your car. DO NOT fit anything chinese, and NEVER get the bolt pattern altered.

it took me alot of money and time to get my 1303 back to an original VW bolt pattern. the previous owner/muppet had fit toyota rims to it,.. which is an insult.

@ ROmano and Storm - your enthusiasm is appreciated! .. so then I can expect you guys to show up ? .. we can hold it somewhere where there's ample space to move around without too many interfering crowds.. I don't know how about Jallo?.. its wide open.. suggestions are welcome and there should be ONLY beetles!... how does that sound... yes a beetle exclusive meet - the little car does require pampering every once in a while hehe .. let me know what date in march works for everyone?... anyone willing to volunteer to coordinate the whole thing?
    if we say we're coming, we'll be there no matter if we have to push the cars there. i don't know lahore too well so wherever it's decided please put up a map. my 1303 is ready for the run as she's already done a great endurence test on the motorway (in the rain) and i can say with confidence that romano and zohares cars will also be there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^thats what happened my eyes when i was dismantling almost all of the front my mehran :s
    same reason, that I used to rub my eyes with dirty / sort of greasy hands because I wasn't actually habitual of working on cars.. but now I am, but still need to buy some heavy duty tools but they are freaking expensive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I have a severe eye infectino which has caused my lids to swell to a point where i'm barely able to see. my eyes are red and VERY itchy. got it from rubing my eyes with dirty hands (i'm alwyas working on my cars)

you'll need to find a rims with a 4x130 bolt pattern. in pakistan that is impossible. my advice is to either stick to stock, find some original GT rims or import a set of rims for your car. DO NOT fit anything chinese, and NEVER get the bolt pattern altered.

it took me alot of money and time to get my 1303 back to an original VW bolt pattern. the previous owner/muppet had fit toyota rims to it,.. which is an insult.

if we say we're coming, we'll be there no matter if we have to push the cars there. i don't know lahore too well so wherever it's decided please put up a map. my 1303 is ready for the run as she's already done a great endurence test on the motorway (in the rain) and i can say with confidence that romano and zohares cars will also be there.

@ Storm ... good to hear ur eyes are just a passing phase... i used to get the same dirt particles in my eyes when i was working on my cars.. i restored my nissan and my merc... add me on facebook and the whol album is up there

about the meet - well I need someone to coordinate it, I honestly dont have the time... any weekend in march would be good however i do prefer the first week due to time commitments.. maybe saturday ? how does that sound? its actually 6th MArch - saturday....

ciao.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32038 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32039 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32040 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32041 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32042

my cuz's bug - fully restored from catch .. its a show winner.. porsche engine... over 200bhp! ... very smooth and very fast.. check out the interior and the paint job on the outside... he has been offered over 15000 dollars for it but still doesnt sell!! one beauty!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32044 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32045 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32046 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -32047

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    Hello all,

Have been tied up with work commitments and all.....

Have placed an advert for one of my 68 bugs. Have to let it go as Ive got too much at hand.

Its a non-running project car, was rebuilt in 2005 but fell into the current sad state due to the fact I wasnt in the country and upon return could not give time to it.

Some features:

1968 year model

Body: Has extensive rust in the roof. Therefore I consider it suitable for a roof off roadster custom project. Otherwise, one may graft a good roof off a donor car or get the original repaired. Other areas of the body roof down have been repaired for rust damage.

Paint: White in colour. Would need a repaint definitely.

Engine: Overhauled a second hand one from Shershah. Needs a silencer fit to go into car (silencer components are included). A second option is the cars original engine which one might take and rebuild fully.

Suspension: No work as it was all done up.

Wiring: Brand new wiring was put in. Would need tidying up only.

Brakes: Had a brand new master cylinder put in at time of rebuilt. All wheel cylinders are excellent. Would just need a service with new rubber seals.

Tyres: Decent condition.

Interior: Seats and upholstery were all redone. Now would need just new upholstery only. Roof liner and carpet is off and stored at home to keep them safe.

Papers: Car in my own name. One year tax outstanding (would be paid by myself on sale). Original receipt for the second hand engine available.

Demand: No demand. Just need it to go to someone who would bring it back on the road.

Any questions: Ask please.
    Dear Asad
    Please post some pics of your 1968 bug
    Sharjeel Ashfaq Butt 0313-8484880

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Wanted to ask some thing... while denting/getting the car ready for paint what is better removing all traces of paint or removing the layers of paint used in previous repaintsexcept the original paint what ever is left of it.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my cuz's bug - fully restored from catch .. its a show winner.. porsche engine... over 200bhp! ... very smooth and very fast.. check out the interior and the paint job on the outside... he has been offered over 15000 dollars for it but still doesnt sell!! one beauty!
    Mash'Allah! that is a beatiful "german look" beetle,.. however point out to your cousin that it is a VW engine (with all the right go-fast parts) with porsche cooling.

would love to know more about this vehicle, it looks like alot of time, effort and cash have gone into this car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @all

Wanted to ask some thing... while denting/getting the car ready for paint what is better removing all traces of paint or removing the layers of paint used in previous repaintsexcept the original paint what ever is left of it.
    better to remove all paint and go to bare metal, then priming it and painting it again. there is no guarantee that the old paint will stick on the body after the denting (and there is no guarantee that the new paint will stick to the old paint either) and you'll need to go to bare metal if you wish to have a good finish of the upper layers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Any Chemical treatment to ensure that the metal stays the way it is right now i.e sh

@ Storm

Thanks my denter was trying to persuade me into thinking otherwise....I was discussing the paint job with one of the painters ...he said that the paint is bound to come off sooner or later on a repainted car may be in 3-4 years and the body will catch rust also as the body does not go the sort of chemical treatment that new cars undergo...

Any ideas what sort treatment/ preparatory material can be used to ensure maximum protection...
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Thanks my denter was trying to persuade me into thinking otherwise....I was discussing the paint job with one of the painters ...he said that the paint is bound to come off sooner or later on a repainted car may be in 3-4 years and the body will catch rust also as the body does not go the sort of chemical treatment that new cars undergo...

Any ideas what sort treatment/ preparatory material can be used to ensure maximum protection...
    a good primer/base coat makes all the difference. also try and ensure that only a VERY thin layer of filler/puttin is applied otherwise it'll crack and fall off on the first pot hole.

remember, the primer and basecoat will save the body,.. the paint is just there to look good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Have u heard abt Epoxy coating on cars. I saw it on a Restoration site.... Can it be done here...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

Have u heard abt Epoxy coating on cars. I saw it on a Restoration site.... Can it be done here...
    as in powder coating? not a bad thing to do on the frame, but NOT for the body panels.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No not powder coating...I am not sure if its the same thing ... I saw the whole body being covered wit epoxy just like a base coat...

www.motorworksrestoration.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No not powder coating...I am not sure if its the same thing ... I saw the whole body being covered wit epoxy just like a base coat...

www.motorworksrestoration.com
    what?? where??? this is all I found....
    Our full restorations include:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet
    Body-off treatment (where applicable)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Media blasting of body, chassis, and suspension
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Custom sheet metal work, using German/European metal when available.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Powder coating of chassis, suspension, steering, etc. (where applicable)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet 2-stage painting, including etching primer, urethane primer, 4 color coats, and 4 clear coats
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Engines built to customers specifications
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet New interiors, stock or custom
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet New German seals and hardware
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet New Wiring
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Stainless steel fasteners where available

Our APR’s include:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet
    Optional body-off treatment
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Media blasting of wheel wells and rusted areas
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Optional media blasting of entire body, chassis, and suspension optional
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Sheet metal work, using German/European metal when available
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Optional powder coating of chassis and suspension
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet 2-stage painting, including etching primer and urethane primer
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet New stock interiors
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet New seals
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - checkmark20bullet Stainless steel fasteners where available

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA, I want to buy Vw Microbus, regarding this anybody help me