Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 484 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    that SLR (and the 74 bug) guy is me....and i stand guilty as charged for not being able to post pics...

had a little *incident*, hence no pics

on the day of the meet, i had a mila'ad at my home and rushed out without telling anyone. In the haste, i forgot to grab my memory card which was in my laptop to make space for the meetup pics.

the camera that i use doesnot allow the pics to the be stored in permanent memory without the mem card, so as i switched it off, all the pics (there were a good above 50 pics) got wiped off

more than sharing the pics with all you guys, i can't say how disappointed i was, being so excited about the meetup.
    grrrrrr!!!

ok, i think to redeem yourselves you all haev to have another meet soon so that we can see more of the great VWs in KHI,... or perhaps you could all post up some individual pics....
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    grrrrrr!!!

ok, i think to redeem yourselves you all haev to have another meet soon so that we can see more of the great VWs in KHI,... or perhaps you could all post up some individual pics....
    true....i think asad is already planning on the announcement of the march meetup...

i'm also hoping for more participants this time since the ball is on the roll.

and meanwhile, i've bought another memory card to be kept permanently in the camera bag as a backup!
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

true....i think asad is already planning on the announcement of the march meetup...

i'm also hoping for more participants this time since the ball is on the roll.

and meanwhile, i've bought another memory card to be kept permanently in the camera bag as a backup!
    good news, just make sure you do't forget the memory card again

i think once KPsheikh gets back the ISB/RWP guys should do another GTG as well.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vw 1303

i'll post the pics tomorrow evening. takecare.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Kashif

Location of car.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that SLR (and the 74 bug) guy is me....and i stand guilty as charged for not being able to post pics...

had a little *incident*, hence no pics

on the day of the meet, i had a mila'ad at my home and rushed out without telling anyone. In the haste, i forgot to grab my memory card which was in my laptop to make space for the meetup pics.

the camera that i use doesnot allow the pics to the be stored in permanent memory without the mem card, so as i switched it off, all the pics (there were a good above 50 pics) got wiped off

more than sharing the pics with all you guys, i can't say how disappointed i was, being so excited about the meetup.
    i am sorry i had to refer to you, the way i did... since no introductions took place at the meet, i could only identify people with their vehicles... and i dont think you would recognize who i am, cuz i did not bring my bug...

i guess, i'd better prepare my backups as well, cuz if we dont take pics on this g2g, the Isloo guys will surely kill us!!!
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default for the Beetle Saviours...

last friday, i happened to see a 1303 (or maybe it was a 1302) parked (read: abandoned) in the lane beside Car Deals (Clifton)... the car was in a pretty bad state, restorable nonetheless...

was in a bit of a rush, so could not snap, but will try to get pics in a day or two... if anyone is interested, its the lane that leads to Boat Basin (the one, where Roadside Cafe used to be)... dont have any other details, so whoever goes will have to dig em out himself!!
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help with denter Abdul Basit!!......

Dear members, can anyone help me out to get my VW ready. I bought a 69 beetle from a fellow pakwheeler. After completing all the accessories and mechanical work from Shafi ustad, gave it to so called famous denter Abdul Basit (Karachi) and since then it has been two year and still work in progress. My FAULT is that I cannot visit his workshop daily/regularly. The car was in perfect running condition when I gave it i n for for denting. I even gave him advance Rs.15K to start work.

1. Vehicle towed away by CDGK!
    2. Whats recoverd only the shell.
    3. Whats lost: Engine.
    Gear.
    All Wheels.
    Complete Suspension.
    Doors.
    Steering system.
    Fuel tank.
    (i had personally scavanged original parts from Shershah over a period and all is gone & devastated.)

Now, finally he has started working at an snail pace and says i'll work when i've money. I don't wanna loose my beetle & loosing my temper, need help to deal with this guy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vw1303

@NaveedRizvi

its in karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif9099 View Post
    Dear members, can anyone help me out to get my VW ready. I bought a 69 beetle from a fellow pakwheeler. After completing all the accessories and mechanical work from Shafi ustad, gave it to so called famous denter Abdul Basit (Karachi) and since then it has been two year and still work in progress. My FAULT is that I cannot visit his workshop daily/regularly. The car was in perfect running condition when I gave it i n for for denting. I even gave him advance Rs.15K to start work.

1. Vehicle towed away by CDGK!
    2. Whats recoverd only the shell.
    3. Whats lost: Engine.
    Gear.
    All Wheels.
    Complete Suspension.
    Doors.
    Steering system.
    Fuel tank.
    (i had personally scavanged original parts from Shershah over a period and all is gone & devastated.)

Now, finally he has started working at an snail pace and says i'll work when i've money. I don't wanna loose my beetle & loosing my temper, need help to deal with this guy.
    is it the white one there is parked across the road from his garage???

i had a somewhat similar issue with this chap... had sent my semi-auto bug to him for a check-up of the gearbox (as he was recommended highly by a friend)... went to check on its progress in my other bug and i hate myself for saying this, but i asked him to tune it up for me... what ensued was the most screwed up drive from his place to Rahim's garage (who is actually my mechanic)...

although most people here might not agree with this, but i have some serious reliability issues with this guy...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilzpassion

i completely agree withyou. Nope, its inside his workshop in bare metal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ DP

In summary; I AGREE!!
    @ kASHIF

Man not much that I can say. How long did u not visit him and when were u informed that the car had been towed away.

If u can really bullly him and threaten him then he might take the stuff out or inform you that he has sold it to his other customer. I have seen some of his work and really wanted to hand over my car to him but some how I didnt feel easy with the way he behaved. Thank fully a very good freind of mine who appreciates that Basit is a good crafts man but still advised me against giving my car to him. Your story validates his view.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@devilzpassion

i completely agree withyou. Nope, its inside his workshop in bare metal.
    oh ok... cuz i passed by his workshop yesterday only and saw a couple of shells here and there...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Kashif

Now how to help you. There are two kind of people who can get work done by him. And DP that goes for Rahim too.

- One's who can maintain a sustained bullying approach. The bullying should carry some weight as well.

- One's who have deep deeeeeeeep pockets and can keep dishing out cash ...

You might not be either one of the type ( like me). So if u try to get the car completed by him it will be throwing good money after Bad money So.........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vw 1303

@NaveedRizvi

its in karachi
    Where in Karachi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ Kashif

Now how to help you. There are two kind of people who can get work done by him. And DP that goes for Rahim too.

- One's who can maintain a sustained bullying approach. The bullying should carry some weight as well.

- One's who have deep deeeeeeeep pockets and can keep dishing out cash ...

You might not be either one of the type ( like me). So if u try to get the car completed by him it will be throwing good money after Bad money So.........
    with rahim, you do not have to bully, cuz he is enough of a bully himself... the best part about him is, you have the satisfaction that you are getting the best of stuff done by the best... and that way, you do not feel bad paying what he asks for...

@kashif... i could have helped you with the bullying part, but i am not in basit's good books, so my going there would take everything from bad to worse!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ DP

Yes he is a bully so the weight I mentioned should be able to match or exceed his bullying. The thing is not every one can work with every denter/mechanic. I hope he keeps working well with you.
    When do you plan to start work on your bug....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ DP

Yes he is a bully so the weight I mentioned should be able to match or exceed his bullying. The thing is not every one can work with every denter/mechanic. I hope he keeps working well with you.
    When do you plan to start work on your bug....
    he'd better, otherwise he is screwed... and he knows it!!!
    am planning on getting it ready before the next meet... lets c...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilzpassion View Post
    he'd better, otherwise he is screwed... and he knows it!!!
    am planning on getting it ready before the next meet... lets c...
    So u see u have actually already bullied him through your Father if I remember correctly. and u r paying him a more than fair price for the shashka's....so if that doesnt work nothing will

So u seem to fall in both the categories ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So u see u have actually already bullied him through your Father if I remember correctly. and u r paying him a more than fair price for the shashka's....so if that doesnt work nothing will

So u seem to fall in both the categories ....
    hehehe... ok, that is so not good!!!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List